2020 Draft - Jets position tracking...

jetstream23

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

In otherwords, we're looking at the 3rd-4th best OT, 2-3rd WR, 3-4th pass rusher/dline guy and the 3-4th QB off the board... at least 

But the good news is that we likely will be out of the "best player in the draft just fell to us, how could we pass him up" territory.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It just might be the perfect place to take Tee.   Value matches need and draft slot, the perfect marriage finally.  

I would cautiously wager that NFL teams will be higher on Higgins, than the purported "Draft Media" who presently seem have him as day 2 guy.  

14 hours ago, Paradis said:

In otherwords, we're looking at the 3rd-4th best OT, 2-3rd WR, 3-4th pass rusher/dline guy and the 3-4th QB off the board... at least 

Let's assume the Jets land at #10 where the current highest probability is, I think they end up with either OT Wirfs, OT Wills, WR Lamb or they trade back for the next group of OTs (Leatherwood, Jackson, etc.) or WRs (Ruggs, Higgins, Shenault).

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Let's assume the Jets land at #10 where the current highest probability is, I think they end up with either OT Wirfs, OT Wills, WR Lamb or they trade back for the next group of OTs (Leatherwood, Jackson, etc.) or WRs (Ruggs, Higgins, Shenault).

honestly - i just hope Joe Douglas approaches the draft with purpose. I've accepted that the Jets will never draft off my wish list.... in lieu, all I ask is demonstrate some sense intent and backbone.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On 11/10/2019 at 7:45 AM, PepPep said:

If you can trade down and still get Andrew Thomas then I'm all for it. I'm not sure Jeudy is worth it b/c of the depth of the WR group in this draft. So if  I'm the Jets I probably don't mess around and I take Chase Young at 3, especially if a Jamal Adams trade nets us an extra first rounder. There are a number of very good OTs and interior linemen in this draft, there are A LOT of very good WRs in this draft. Pass Rushers, not so much. Chase Young is the crème of the crop and fills a huge need. You take him 3rd overall and you pretty much forget about addressing the position the rest of the way in the draft. Take Biadasz-C with the Jamal Adams pick and Prince Wanogho- OT in the 2nd round. Dude is a little bit raw and will need some time but is otherwise an absolute monster and prototypical LT.

Then you go top CB and OG in the 3rd round with the 2 draft picks e have there and pick up WR/s in the 4th and 5th- with the depth at WR in this draft you should still be able to find some really nice talent in the mid to late rounds.

That's how I see it.  My mock looks different b/c I have us picking #1 overall and trading down with the Dolphins- netting us a third first rounder. So Chase Young is off the board in that scenario. 

have you done any updated Mock now that the Jets aren't picking First overall?

On 12/24/2019 at 10:04 AM, Paradis said:

Well, this is a way oversimplified way of looking at it.

Fact is, the 3rd or 4th OT could still be a legit Blue Chip OT prospect like Leatherwood, Wills, A.Jackson or Wirfs. Just depends on which OT is preferred as the #2 and #3 off the board after A.Thomas. It will come down to team preference.

2nd WR means you get Jeudy or Lamb...that's a win in my book. If both are off the board, I pass on WR in the 1st round, personally. 

3rd/4th pass rusher/dline guy: to me, the Jets only need a true edge. They don't need a guy like Simmons and they don't need an interior D-lineman, that's for sure. So odds are the #2 edge rusher will be there in Epenesa. 

If 2 QBs go and if you consider at the very least Okudah going ahead of us in the first, surely the Jets should get of the above mentioned top prospects- even if its Fulton- one of the top CBs in this draft. I mean, that's a worst case scenario.

Bottom line is the Jets are drafting early enough that they will get a legit blue chip prospect, they just have to draft smart, draft for need while getting good value and not whiffing- easier said than done. Then again, as I said, these are all top talents so if you don't overthink it you should be able to walk away with a great player.