Astros biggest favorite since 2007 Series

section314

I took the Nats in 7 with a friendly bet with my friend. Surprised to see how strong they came out of the gate. Soto is a stud. 

Nats wear down pitchers with how well disciplined they are at the plate, getting pitchers into a "hitters count".

Mets need to learn this next year. Too many strikeouts!!

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

I took the Nats in 7 with a friendly bet with my friend. Surprised to see how strong they came out of the gate. Soto is a stud. 

Nats wear down pitchers with how well disciplined they are at the plate, getting pitchers into a "hitters count".

Mets need to learn this next year. Too many strikeouts!!

https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/stat/strikeouts-per-game

Coincidentally, Kevin Long is the Nats hitting coach (former Mets hitting coach, who I thought did a terrible job with them.

Nats had 4th fewest Ks as a team per game, Mets were 11th fewest.

I thought that Chili Davis was the Mets hitting coach in recent memory.

46 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/stat/strikeouts-per-game

Coincidentally, Kevin Long is the Nats hitting coach (former Mets hitting coach, who I thought did a terrible job with them.

Nats had 4th fewest Ks as a team per game, Mets were 11th fewest.

I thought that Chili Davis was the Mets hitting coach in recent memory.

Chili was and I think still is their hitting coach unless Girardi/Beltran/Showalter wants to bring in their own guy. 

1st half of season Mets were extending the stike zone. After the break they did improve on that.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Blackout said:

They're also ok with beating women and bragging to female reporters about having women beaters on their team

Disgusting. 

Ok so you're a little over the top with the "They're also ok with..." thing, but your basic point isn't far off. We do know that one guy is though.

Forget what the reliever did for just a second. What the assistant GM said the other night made me cringe.

How was he not fired the next morning for his unbelievably stupid comment?

• Upvote 1