Does Joe Douglas have big balls?

Jetster

No Jet GM in the history of this team has shaken things up. They sit in line, take BPA, resign average slubs to huge contracts, and they never take bold stands. 

I have no idea what's going on in Florham Park but every single player other than Sam Darnold should be on the trade block! EVERYONE! Leo, Robbie, Bell & even the great, in his mind & every idiot announcers mind Jamal Adams. 

I think we can get along with Marcus Maye & some cheap free agent next year at safety. At this point I wouldn't care if they fired Gase. I'm not screaming for it but if he's losing the locker room already that doesn't instill confidence in me that he's respected at all. This team is at least 2 drafts & free agency's away from maybe being respectable. It's Joe Douglas baby now & id love to be a fly on the wall to hear what his plans are. They should be gathering as many draft picks as he can muster. Lev Bell ran for 23 yards yesterday, Bilal Powell can do that. 

Sams a 15 year QB, build HIS TEAM around him. Good luck Joe & get to work today.

The card gets heavy when you’re the one writing the name on it. Guys who are bold in prior jobs tend to get risk averse when they are The Man. Dorsey and Gettlemen are exceptions. Can argue over the results but Jets need to at least swing for fences at this point.

46 minutes ago, jgb said:

The card gets heavy when your the one writing the name on it. Guys who are bold in prior jobs tend to get risk averse when they are The Man. Dorsey and Gettlemen are exceptions. Can argue over the results but Jets need to at least swing for fences at this point.

I don’t know whether the Johnsons and their beancounter yes men have the nerve to do that.  How do you trade all the players you had model the new uniforms?

I am not convinced the business side does not influence the football side of this team. 

there should be no media stunts or cheerleaders until this team has a winning record.  They need to focus. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Douglas can’t fire Gase.  Only the Johnson brothers can.  It’s another f***ed up hierarchy.

To be fair, I doubt there is any organization in pro sports that a GM could fire a coach/manager without the consent of ownership. But I get your point.....the organization of this team is a cluster f***.

Here is how it works. First Joe Douglas has to run by any trade request to Christopher Johnson, then Christopher has to use a burner phone and text another burner phone across the pond asking someone to ask Woody if they can make that trade. If they get a yes, then Joe Douglas can make the trade. Woody runs this team, which explains why it's the laughing stock of the NFL.

• Upvote 1

Johnson invested a ton of money in Douglass and in turn in revamping our front office with guys like Rex Hogan and Phil Savage.  These are guys who have been around the game and winning organizations for a long time.  No offense to CJ but the reality is he's not a football guy, he's a glorified business man who inherited a family business.  It's time for CJ to own up to this, back off and let his football guys run the show.  Sure, I expect a GM to need final sign off from his Owner to make a decision like firing a HC but the idea that Gase and Douglas should be on the same level reporting to CJ is ridiculous.  Its time to give the reigns to Douglas and his staff and see what they have. I get Douglas is new but you committed to him to let him do his job.