Fire Gase Plane flying over Stadium: MERGED

Jetsbb

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

You recognized that Idzik and Maccagnan were generationally bad GM's who drafted so poorly and signed so many bad FA's that they've set us back years requiring an epic rebuild.

You begged for a GM and a HC who like each other, are on the same page, and are going to do it the right way like the Ravens and Steelers who keep their GM's and HC's for decades at a time.

And now that ownership did a smart thing, did what you wanted, now that Maccagnan is gone and the new tandem is here for just a hair over a single season and the effects of the rebuild you demanded have left us with a very thin talent level that's been devastated by injuries you want to cry and bail on the very thing you asked for.

Firing Adam Gase would cause more dysfunction.  Idzik and Maccagnan are long gone.  That's the actual problem you're reacting to.  It's not bad coaching.  It's the worst roster in the NFL not being able to perform to the level of their competition.  It's like you're all on a 3 year delay, just realizing now how bad Magganan was, realizing how bad our drafts and acquisitions have been.  Welcome to 2017.  Blame the right villain.  Support the poor bastard that actually has to coach this pile of sh-t in this awful media market.

SAR I

I wanted this organization to hire a somewhat halfway competent coach and we got the complete opposite in Adam Gase. Like I said before other teams and coaches have somehow managed to not field a pop warner level team. Gase does nothing right. Zero. The play calling is horrendous. Offensive genius my ass. What more do you have to see? The dysfunction can stop when we fire the worst coach in the NFL and and let the GM hire his own guy, not the idiot owner. Just because JD and Gase are "friends" doesn't mean JG actually thinks he is the right fit for this team. I'm sure privately he know's he's a buffoon and can't wait to be rid of him like 99% of the fans. 

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I wanted this organization to hire a somewhat halfway competent coach and we got the complete opposite in Adam Gase. Like I said before other teams and coaches have somehow managed to not field a pop warner level team. Gase does nothing right. Zero. The play calling is horrendous. Offensive genius my ass. What more do you have to see? The dysfunction can stop when we fire the worst coach in the NFL and and let the GM hire his own guy, not the idiot owner. Just because JD and Gase are "friends" doesn't mean JG actually thinks he is the right fit for this team. I'm sure privately he know's he's a buffoon and can't wait to be rid of him like 99% of the fans. 

Believe me, if I thought all our ills could be cured and we could become a winning team simply by removing one individual from Florham Park I'd be a charter member of the Fire Gase brigade.

But this isn't 2002.  This isn't just flop Pennington for Testeverde and wham, 1-4 turns into a magical division title.  We don't have any talent right now.  And all the good players and draft picks are injured.  Darnold is out.  And our defense is pathetic.

There is no quick fix this time.  I wish it was all "Joe must go!" and "Ditch Ritch" but its not that simple, it's not the problem.  We don't need an offensive genius.  We need some talented players.  When you can count on one hand the number of Jets that would be wanted by another team and one of them is your punter and the other is a rookie lineman, you know you're in trouble.  And we are.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Believe me, if I thought all our ills could be cured and we could become a winning team simply by removing one individual from Florham Park I'd be a charter member of the Fire Gase brigade.

But this isn't 2002.  This isn't just flop Pennington for Testeverde and wham, 1-4 turns into a magical division title.  We don't have any talent right now.  And all the good players and draft picks are injured.  Darnold is out.  And our defense is pathetic.

There is no quick fix this time.  I wish it was all "Joe must go!" and "Ditch Ritch" but its not that simple, it's not the problem.  We don't need an offensive genius.  We need some talented players.  When you can count on one hand the number of Jets that would be wanted by another team and one of them is your punter and the other is a rookie lineman, you know you're in trouble.  And we are.

SAR I

Yet you predicted us to start 5-0 and to win the division?

• Upvote 2