2-0

JTJet

1 minute ago, jgb said:

What does “moderate” mean? But congrats you have discovered the most boring debate on the Internet today 

okay one more time.  it all depends on how the win/loss curve is shaped.  there can be instances where the good teams are very good and then there will be a bunch of teams that are substantially below 500.  in this case the average may still be 8-8 but the median will be less.  and then you can look at a particular division.  a couple of seasons ago the afce had the patsies sitting at 14-2 or 13-3 and the jets/bills/ doltfins all substantially lower than 500.  so just what was the average of interdivision play?

7 minutes ago, rangerous said:

okay one more time.  it all depends on how the win/loss curve is shaped.  there can be instances where the good teams are very good and then there will be a bunch of teams that are substantially below 500.  in this case the average may still be 8-8 but the median will be less.  and then you can look at a particular division.  a couple of seasons ago the afce had the patsies sitting at 14-2 or 13-3 and the jets/bills/ doltfins all substantially lower than 500.  so just what was the average of interdivision play?

I was just laughing at the comment that 75% of a population was “average.” It’s obviously possible with a steep bell curve—a better argument than “mediocre” doesn’t mean “average” which it does (derived from “medium”). It just reminded me of  how 80% of people rate themselves “above average driver.” Was just funny, nothing more.

18 hours ago, jgb said:

Yes 3/4 of the NFL is average lol

I look at the NFL in thirds like this, generally:

Top 3rd.....Teams that are usually in the mix have some down years but get right back in it when you           go up against them thought is before the game it's going to be a loss.

Middle 3rd.....Teams that are beatable, but on ''Any given Sunday'', well, hence the term.

Bottom 3rd...Ducks, a gimme. Confident you can beat them. But obviously you can be upset.

Some teams fluctuate and the division they play in matters, however, overtime 40 years to current things pretty much have stayed true. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. Dude I guarantee if they lose to the Raiders we will get 10 topics on how Darnold sucks, Gase needs to be fired and the Johnsons have to sell the team. IF they beat the Raiders we will get more subjects like this.  Reactionary bullsh*t. 

What are you 10? Here's an oldie but goody. Lets get off the subject of moms..........because I just got off of yours last nite. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Bitch.

Says the man that ends every post from the very onset with "GFY" ... 

Yes I'm 10 ?.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

I was just laughing at the comment that 75% of a population was “average.” It’s obviously possible with a steep bell curve—a better argument than “mediocre” doesn’t mean “average” which it does (derived from “medium”). It just reminded me of  how 80% of people rate themselves “above average driver.” Was just funny, nothing more.

not everyone can be from lake wobeggone.

• Upvote 1

On 11/18/2019 at 7:48 PM, JetFaninMI said:

Not missing the point. Saying its too early to make said point and at this POINT its phucking stupid. Got it? Good.

This is exactly the kind of thing we aren;t going to tolerate there. The thread starter started a thread. You don't agree with the premise.

I seriously put up a warning about this about an hour ago.

On 11/19/2019 at 9:29 AM, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. Why are you so obsessed with sex? That you usually means YOU ain't getting any.

It's guys like you who give Jet Fans a bad name. You post a nonsense thread like this and when they have a bad game or two you will be the first one to say this guy sucks, or Fire Gase, or Darnolds a bust. GTFO.

So here is the deal, enjoy your 30 days off.

The guy starts a thread feeling encouraged about two wins in a row and you are now saying he is the first one to say Fire Gase or Darnold sucks?

Attacking posters isn't right. Not even sure what this is because he started a thread feeling good and you are accusing him of being negative.

Mods - as we discussed in the mod forum, if people can't comply they aren't welcome here. JetFaninMI can come back before Christmas and hopefully he can avoid attacking people. If so he is welcome here, if not we can extend the ban.

3 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. Dude I guarantee if they lose to the Raiders we will get 10 topics on how Darnold sucks, Gase needs to be fired and the Johnsons have to sell the team. IF they beat the Raiders we will get more subjects like this.  Reactionary bullsh*t. 

What are you 10? Here's an oldie but goody. Lets get off the subject of moms..........because I just got off of yours last nite. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Bitch.

So glad I locked this. Your 30 days was just changed to 90.

• Sympathy 1

On 11/18/2019 at 6:24 PM, JTJet said:

Ever since Adams and Douglas made nice, we are 2-0 and I saw a stat that at first made me sick, but then started to feel positive about it...

We just won back to back games for the first time in 20 GAMES. Bowles last 10 games (1-9) vs Gase first 10 games (3-7). 

While as depressing as that is, considering all factors this season, how do you feel about the direction of the team when considering this? 

I'm optimistic about the rest of the season but then again the glass is always half full for me. I think the game this week vs. Oakland will reveal a lot about this team.

1 minute ago, Thai Jet said:

I'm optimistic about the rest of the season but then again the glass is always half full for me. I think the game this week vs. Oakland will reveal a lot about this team.

Man I hope so, I really do. Especially considering ome of my best friends is a Raiders fan. I want to rub it in his face. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I think I think the Jets beat the Raiders 24-20...yes the Jets will manage a home win versus a soon to be 1-4 on the road Raiders team. I don't know about you, but I'm betting the Jets this week. Go Jets! 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I think I think the Jets beat the Raiders 24-20...yes the Jets will manage a home win versus a soon to be 1-4 on the road Raiders team. I don't know about you, but I'm betting the Jets this week. Go Jets! 

I'm with ya. Raiders are in contention for the playoffs so a win will mean a lot. Just glad the game's in Met Life.

• Upvote 1