Jets Jamal Adams is only NY player headed to Pro Bowl

joewilly12

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You're logic isn't off - but you've put all your faith/argument chips into the "IF" pile... IF we draft an impact position with his pick (and not a Dee Millner).... IF the player doesn't bust.... IF the FAs we sign instead don't suck... that's A LOT of IFs when i'm staring at a sure thing in Adams. I know what were getting there.

There are no easy fixes for the carnage Idzik and Macc left behind. It's going to take selling of some resources (Leo), letting some guys get overpaid elsewhere (Robbie) and hanging onto some roster adhesive (Adams) while we stop fcking up the draft. 

But if you, at face value, don’t think Jamal Adams gives you the kind of return you need out of a 15M investment, then that’s neither an if, nor a sure thing.

I think getting to a championship is a huge if, especially with a team this bad.  But I’d feel more comfortable that two players and 15M to bolster the offensive line is a better “if” than “if” Jamal Adams, and much more limited recourses, can get us there, considering Adams and limited recourses hasn’t gotten us off the ground even, in 3 years.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

I don't agree that it's about the draft anymore.  Yes, it's still something that I'm not happy about, but the same reason you don't draft him at 6 is the same reason you don't pay him 15M.  What he does just doesn't contribute enough to wins.

Yep.  Paying him big money when we KNOW what he can and cannot do at this point would be akin to using a # 6 pick on him all over again.  Doubling down on a mistake would be the Jetsiest thing this new regime can do.  

Trade him, rebuild the OL, and move on. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mahomes and Watson are talented and good enough to overcome deficiencies in the coaching department.  Mahomes especially landed in a terrific situation.  But people love to forget that the Chiefs traded UP to get Mahomes, then jettisoned Alex Smith after a career year.  They didn't do that to acquire a "system QB".  They saw a special skillset.  

even if you think mahomes or watson could overcome the coaching defficiencies there's still a matter of getting the right people around them.  they still need guys to throw to and an oline that blocks.  in hindsight, mac made a huge mistake of not drafting either of these guys.  he was so blinded by hack he couldn't see the forest for the trees.

3 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Sure, if your argument is that no one who's better than Jamal Adams or more valuable than Jamal Adams could be good on the Jets, then you can hide behind that with literally anyone.  Can't trade Jamal Adams for Peyton Manning throwing to Randy Moss in their primes, because Todd Bowles.

It also ignores that some of these holes could be filled with the 4 extra high draft picks we would have had.

i think it's a more a case of seeing the revolving door at oc whether it be rex or bowles and thinking a guy like watson or mahommes would have trouble.  as we have seen mac had trouble drafting player the team needs and i don't see any evidence he would've brought in decent oline players or even wr's.

5 hours ago, TeddEY said:

So, to be clear, you think that it is a good thing to have a 15M strong safety, and that's something that will move the Jets towards a championship? 

Yes.  I think keeping the best player on our team, a perennial pro bowler with hall of fame potential, is a "good thing".. 

I'm crazy like that.

• Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, T0mShane said:

He’s either getting re-signed or traded, buddy. We won this one. No WAY they execute Jamal Adams like the HATERS want !! !! !

Cute try, chooch.  You and your pathetic band of misanthropes have been trying to convince me for 2 years that Jamal will be traded for a 3rd round pick and a pack of Hubba Bubba.

You have disgraced yourself.  I forgive you but many won't.

29 minutes ago, Pac said:

Yes.  I think keeping the best player on our team, a perennial pro bowler with hall of fame potential, is a "good thing".. 

I'm crazy like that.

Ok.  I’m not even going to touch the “hall of fame” nonsense, but if you don’t build a team with positional value or salary cap value in mind, that’s just a philosophical difference.

38 minutes ago, Pac said:

Cute try, chooch.  You and your pathetic band of misanthropes have been trying to convince me for 2 years that Jamal will be traded for a 3rd round pick and a pack of Hubba Bubba.

You have disgraced yourself.  I forgive you but many won't.

If the Cowboys ponied up the third (to go along with their very late first) Jamal Adams would be in Dallas, making himself a locker room pariah down there. Alas, even Jerrah wasn’t dumb enough to give up that much.

One thing I find very interesting about the Adams situation is that as the "dual threat" QBs continue to become more prominent in the NFL, I think players of his skill set are going to become more valuable.

I don't disagree that right now, he's not a premium position. I certainly can see the argument to trade him because of it.  I am not so sure in 3-5 years that will still be the case. 

Same goes for RT.  I still see people talking about a franchise LT.  I don't think there is much difference anymore.  Pass rushers move all over, all game. RT is still viewed as the less athletic, strong run blocking tackle.  While still true to an extent, the difference between the two sides is growing narrower each year.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

One thing I find very interesting about the Adams situation is that as the "dual threat" QBs continue to become more prominent in the NFL, I think players of his skill set are going to become more valuable.

I don't disagree that right now, he's not a premium position. I certainly can see the argument to trade him because.  I am not so sure in 3-5 years that will still be the case. 

Same goes for RT.  I still see people talking about a franchise LT.  I don't think there is much difference anymore.  Pass rushers move all over, all game. RT is still viewed as the less athletic, strong run blocking tackle.  While still true to an extent, the difference between the two sides is growing narrower each year.

Browns scored 40 and KC scored 33 points to beat Baltimore this year.

You have to be able to score and almost no one is going to stop lamar in the open field.

It's too bad adams missed the last game.  I suspect if he was there it would have changed nothing but we will never know.

We were dominating the Bills until he went down. The Jamal-led defense then blew the game.

I'm sure.going into that game the plan was not to center on Mosely.

NEWSFLASH : Having two perenial

Pro bowlers is better than having one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

I'm sure.going into that game the plan was not to center on Mosely. emoji849.pngemoji849.pngemoji849.pngemoji849.pngemoji849.png

NEWSFLASH : Having two perenial

Pro bowlers is better than having one.

* At premium positions

Neither Mosley nor Adams play premium positions.  Therefore, the Mosley signing was a mistake, just as paying Adams CB1 money will be a mistake.  

The defense has been built around Adams for 3 years.  How has that worked out for us?

* At premium positions
Neither Mosley nor Adams play premium positions.  Therefore, the Mosley signing was a mistake, just as paying Adams CB1 money will be a mistake.  
The defense has been built around Adams for 3 years.  How has that worked out for us?
In a complete rebuild ... He has been the only ray of hope with the exception of a decent outing or two from Sam and one incredible game from the ghost (CJ).

13 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't disagree that right now, he's not a premium position. I certainly can see the argument to trade him because of it.  I am not so sure in 3-5 years that will still be the case. 

having a good qb with a good OL is what the patriots have done all these years.  they sub the wrs/rbs in and out, gronk was the only real mainstay who was a stud.  giving darnold an extra second or two to make a read is the difference between converting 3rd down and not.  the more i think about it the jets probably won't trade adams but it sure would be interesting to head into this draft with 2 1sts, with those tackles and wrs available.

23 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

In a complete rebuild ... He has been the only ray of hope with the exception of a decent outing or two from Sam and one incredible game from the ghost (CJ).

Complete rebuild?  Complete rebuilds don't take 3 years.  Either he's part of the solution or he's not.  Thru 3 seasons he has proven not to be a difference maker.  

Know what will actually help us get better?  Offensive Linemen.  I'd love to have 2 first rounders to use there.

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Complete rebuild?  Complete rebuilds don't take 3 years.  Either he's part of the solution or he's not.  Thru 3 seasons he has proven not to be a difference maker.  

Know what will actually help us get better?  Offensive Linemen.  I'd love to have 2 first rounders to use there.

biggest decision this offseason is what to do with adams.  if they keep him they will pay him a lot.  if they are able to trade him for a 1st rounder plus, then they can turn him into an OL or a wr.  what's more important to the team over the longer haul?  there are a lot of people here who would gladly trade adams for a first round OL prospect and also draft one with the jets pick.  

• Upvote 1