Not “Seeing Ghosts” anymore

3 minutes ago, SummerofSam14 said:

He’s responsible for executing the offense. The offense he’s executing stinks. 

@Warfish check out the history of Gase offenses, and tell me Darnold is the problem. 

Why are you so complacent and tolerant of a coach who sucks?

Sam is only good as the offense he is executing? Doesnt dound like a guy you trade the farm for , to me.

Check out the histopry of Sams sh*tty footwork, maybe? Hx of turnovers?

9 minutes ago, SummerofSam14 said:

He’s responsible for executing the offense. The offense he’s executing stinks. 

@Warfish check out the history of Gase offenses, and tell me Darnold is the problem. 

So you'd fire Gase and hire???     For reals. Again. I aint a fan of Gase. I also aint a fan of OC merry go round.

Maybe Sam turns Gases first 4 yrs around like Brady did for Bill B? 

1 hour ago, SummerofSam14 said:

Just so it's very clear why I'm negrepping you, it's quite clear you don't read this forum or have any idea who thinks what.

Because the post above.....lol.

Get to know the community before you start acting the fool.

5 hours ago, Losmeister said:

So we gave up ALL THAT for a guy who , if he gets better, can be "solid"... 

after almost 2 full  years of on the job training....

I thought we were getting EXCELLENT, perennial top 10 ...

Hey, he’s only 22.

When he has a really good OL, a couple of big, fast top quality WRs, and some time to develop in the same system under a top HC, he should show everyone what he’s capable of.

There. I think I’ve got it. ?

Now if only you would pay a little more attention, you would too.

5 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Guys put up real statistics out here concerning Sam Darnold and show he is not doing poorly.....and in response folks put up silly general stats to compare him against other QBs who have outstanding skill position talent around them and an excellent OL, all to imply Darnold is no good...

Hmmm well let's get Sam an OL and then we can see what he is because he is making the entire offense look better than it is without him or do we forget the games that he missed and what the Jets offense looked like then ....

Do we also forget those games Sam missed the QB was a practice squad player who didn’t even get reps with the first team the week of his third game? Darnold coming back and playing the soft part of the schedule, and looking better then THAT guy is your argument?

Guys aren’t manipulating stats to make him look bad. Guys are doing that to make him look better. The easiest way to annoy people around here who are unrealistic about what Sam has done is simply post his numbers and rankings.

it works every time.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Do we also forget those games Sam missed the QB was a practice squad player who didn’t even get reps with the first team the week of his third game? Darnold coming back and playing the soft part of the schedule, and looking better then THAT guy is your argument?

Guys aren’t manipulating stats to make him look bad. Guys are doing that to make him look better. The easiest way to annoy people around here who are unrealistic about what Sam has done is simply post his numbers and rankings.

it works every time.

I mean there are who are being negative just for the hell out it.  I think the majority agreed that Sam is not a finished product and had things he needs to clean up.  However he had still shown enough to give us hope despite things he needs to correct.  Also having a sh*t oline and lack of weapons isn’t an excuse it’s a fact.  Improving those things will help Dam just like it has helped other young QBs like Lamar and Allen

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

it works every time.

Exactly. Folks are really going the distance just to excuse performances instead of simply accepting those performances and appreciating Sam's bounce back from them. 

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Just so it's very clear why I'm negrepping you, it's quite clear you don't read this forum or have any idea who thinks what.

Because the post above.....lol.

Get to know the community before you start acting the fool.

@Warfish I am not tolerant of a sh*t offense. I’m tolerant of the 2nd year 22 year old QB. I’m not tolerant of a HC that hasn’t coordinated a successful offense since 2014. 

On 12/27/2019 at 9:03 AM, Warfish said:

This is called Cherry Picking.  It's a very poor way to look at things.

First, you don't get to just drop all the games he played prior to this run.

Second, you don't get to ignore that most of the teams and defenses he's played in this run are horrible.  The worst in the NFL.  

Third, you don't get to take a cherry picked subsection of play and "annualize" it, as if that means something larger.  That's just stupid.  We have annualized numbers for Darnold....they're his 2019 actual stats.

What's sad to me is even "annualizing" his cherry-picked run, he still doesn't get over 4,000 yards, or 30 TD's.  That's still sub-top-10 production, even if "annualized".

The usual Homer Brigade will self-pleasure over this post, but to me, it's another sign Darnold may not, in fact, be a legit top-10 type FQB.  4,000+, 30 TD+, 10 wins+.  Get all three, in actuallity, not "annualized" cherry picked numbers, and you're a legit FQB and maybe even great.  Till then, just more hot air tbqh.

Bah.  Humbug.   

Actually, lets let QBs like Daniels get their through the roof stats but fall short on the one stat that matters, wins. Darnold is developing what is needed for our team which is getting the clutch drives when needed and with our solid D getting wins even over teams including those that were on win streaks and had a lot on the line with good offenses and defenses in Dallas, Oakland, Pitt, etc.

On 12/27/2019 at 10:22 AM, Jets723 said:

That’s true.  Look I never wanted Gase to be hired but at this point he is gonna be here next year so hopefully he helps Sam next year.  Changing coaches every year I think would hurt Sam’s development too.  But the Bills and Ravens built a great Oline where Lamar and Allen not only have time but more confidence to make big plays.  Sam most of the time is running for his life.  He still makes some dumb decisions but I think a main reason for that is because he presses too much and feels he needs to overcompensate 

That is why if JD fixes nothing else but the Oline this offseason at least that problem would be solved and is the highest priority. Heck it might take 7 players to do that between starters and depth.

17 hours ago, Losmeister said:

So you'd fire Gase and hire???     For reals. Again. I aint a fan of Gase. I also aint a fan of OC merry go round.

Maybe Sam turns Gases first 4 yrs around like Brady did for Bill B? 

Just had a discussion with my wife and my opinion was that Darnold will be with Gase the same way Brady is with McDaniels. Really it is the QB running the O to most of the degree as when the game plans are being devised and coming in the QB is stating what he needs and is most comfortable what to leave in for the game in essence running the show.

3 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Actually, lets let QBs like Daniels get their through the roof stats but fall short on the one stat that matters, wins.

Who was talking about Daniels? 

3 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Darnold is developing what is needed for our team which is getting the clutch drives when needed and with our solid D getting wins even over teams including those that were on win streaks and had a lot on the line with good offenses and defenses in Dallas, Oakland, Pitt, etc.

If you say so.