Not “Seeing Ghosts” anymore

10 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Exactly. This is why folks should just take his career for what it is. It's not even like he had a bad season to where fans need to damage control. It was a solid 2nd year.

facts are ...he's decidely meh. hes 26th in qbr. thats weak.

fitz is better at throwing and running, ffs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

I called this hate for Sam early in the year I said y’all will turn on him after few bad games. . Some Jets fans turn on there own so fast it’s hilarious. The grass is always greener in there minds. The teams 2 best players (Darnold and Adams) are 2 of the most hated players when it comes to some fans

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

facts are ...he's decidely meh. hes 26th in qbr. thats weak.

fitz is better at throwing and running, ffs. 

He’s coming back as the QB next year, and unless he’s a disaster he will probably have the job in 2021 as well. I understand the skepticism, but I’ve seen enough to believe he can be the long term solution as he gains more experience. 

I think most Jets fans were hoping that Darnold would have cemented his status in 2019 as a legit franchise QB, but that did not happen. It doesn’t mean that it can’t in the next two years.  

4 minutes ago, SummerofSam14 said:

He’s coming back as the QB next year, and unless he’s a disaster he will probably have the job in 2021 as well. I understand the skepticism, but I’ve seen enough to believe he can be the long term solution as he gains more experience. 

I think most Jets fans were hoping that Darnold would have cemented his status in 2019 as a legit franchise QB, but that did not happen. It doesn’t mean that it can’t in the next two years.  

i get that he is coming back for at least 2 more years. 

as for the bold part. i havent seen enough....   not even close to enough. 

would you havebeen happy when we drafted him, with all the draft capital we used,

to know that he'd be outplayed by fitz and by a wide margin 2 years running?

that is immensely underwhelming.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Losmeister said:

i get that he is coming back for at least 2 more years. 

as for the bold part. i havent seen enough....   not even close to enough. 

would you havebeen happy when we drafted him, with all the draft capital we used,

to know that he'd be outplayed by fitz and by a wide margin 2 years running?

that is immensely underwhelming.

I just think his mistakes are very correctable. It’s not a situation like Sanchez where he is consistently missing easy passes. Darnold for the most part plays very well outside of five or six plays a game (Pennington pointed this out in his latest film review). He’s shown the ability to make some incredible throws & plays. If he can clean up some of these mistakes and become more consistent throughout the game he can be a solid starter in this league. He’s still very young so I think it’s reasonable to assume he can continue to improve. 

9 minutes ago, tfine said:

The kid is only 22 and is nowhere near a finished product. Some people were expecting a Rookie to HOF jump in a year without taking into account its his first year in a new system.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I'm glad you brought up the fact that he is only 22 years old. People seem to forget that around here. It's hardly ever mentioned.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

I like Sam. I am hopeful that with a running game and targets that he can produce points. 

but...lol

I  am also concerned that the issues he had at USC are still holding him back, reading defenses and turnovers  

as far as I know he has never played in the same offense 2 years in a row so since I’m expecting Gase to return ultimately I’m looking for Sam to make a big leap next year  

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm glad you brought up the fact that he is only 22 years old. People seem to forget that around here. It's hardly ever mentioned.

I don’t understand the point of being so negative about him right now. He’s not losing his job in the near future and there aren’t any better options out there. Right now it’s debatable as to whether or not he will become a franchise QB. I’m guessing we will have a more definitive answer 12 months from now. The Darnold skeptics like yourself, Losemeister, Warfish, and 14 in Green have stated your case. Time will tell if you’re right . 

• Upvote 1

On 12/27/2019 at 7:35 AM, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Next year Top 10....then Top 5 to Top 3 thereafter.....this is for those who “like Stats”.  I actually like stats too but in San Darnold’s case they really don’t tell that accurate of a story.  Consider that he put these stats up with Less than 2 Seconds to throw more than HALF the time and receivers who virtually NEVER get separation.  Again Mr. Douglas, more real NFL 
players around Darnold please....

Look at that #1 QB. If only Gase ever had a year to spend with him. 

49 minutes ago, SummerofSam14 said:

I don’t understand the point of being so negative about him right now. He’s not losing his job in the near future and there aren’t any better options out there. Right now it’s debatable as to whether or not he will become a franchise QB. I’m guessing we will have a more definitive answer 12 months from now. The Darnold skeptics like yourself, Losemeister, Warfish, and 14 in Green have stated your case. Time will tell if you’re right . 

I don't think I am negative about him. I try to have a more realistic view on Jets players. I still think he has a good chance of being a franchise quarterback for us but the facts are the facts.

I'm not going to try and convince myself that he's done better than he actually has. He needs to improve and I think he can.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SummerofSam14 said:

If he can clean up some of these mistakes and become more consistent throughout the game he can be a solid starter

So we gave up ALL THAT for a guy who , if he gets better, can be "solid"... 

after almost 2 full  years of on the job training....

I thought we were getting EXCELLENT, perennial top 10 ...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SummerofSam14 said:

when my guy is in th ebottom 5 passers in the league..  i see a guy who IS A BOTTOM 5 QB. 

Thats REALISM. I've said many times, i can easily see him being middle of the pack. I didnt think we

ttraded away all those picks for the WASH version of Kirk COusins,

7 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

So we gave up ALL THAT for a guy who , if he gets better, can be "solid"... 

after almost 2 full  years of on the job training....

I thought we were getting EXCELLENT, perennial top 10 ...

Take a look at the NYJ history with QBs. If Darnold turns out to be a solid long term starter that’s a huge win. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SummerofSam14 said:

Losing Herndon and Q and the two FA O-line pick-ups being unmitigated disasters pretty much assured this wouldn’t happen..

• Post of the Week 1

Guys put up real statistics out here concerning Sam Darnold and show he is not doing poorly.....and in response folks put up silly general stats to compare him against other QBs who have outstanding skill position talent around them and an excellent OL, all to imply Darnold is no good...

Hmmm well let's get Sam an OL and then we can see what he is because he is making the entire offense look better than it is without him or do we forget the games that he missed and what the Jets offense looked like then ....

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SummerofSam14 said:

Take a look at the NYJ history with QBs. If Darnold turns out to be a solid long term starter that’s a huge win. 

a 1st and 3 2nds for "solid" after 2 seasons of bottom 5 is a good harvest by you?

when mediocrity is your ceiling this is the thinking that results..

6 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

when my guy is in th ebottom 5 passers in the league..  i see a guy who IS A BOTTOM 5 QB. 

Thats REALISM. I've said many times, i can easily see him being middle of the pack. I didnt think we

ttraded away all those picks for the WASH version of Kirk COusins,

He’s stuck with Adam Gase who is a terrible coach. Take a look at his resume and you will see a lot of bottom 5 passing offenses. In fact the tanking dolphins have the 15th ranked passing offense in the NFL under first year OC Chad Oshea which is a huge improvement over Gase. We have all seen how Tannehill has looked away from Adam Gase. 

Im not writing Darnold off until he’s away from this terrible coach 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SummerofSam14 said:

He’s stuck with Adam Gase who is a terrible coach. Take a look at his resume and you will see a lot of bottom 5 passing offenses. In fact the tanking dolphins have the 15th ranked passing offense in the NFL under first year OC Chad Oshea which is a huge improvement over Gase. We have all seen how Tannehill has looked away from Adam Gase. 

Im not writing Darnold off until he’s away from this terrible coach 

your excuses are your own

poor baby Sam Club

ffs

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

your excuses are your own

poor baby Sam Club

ffs

Read this article: The Adam Gase offense inherently leads to inefficient production in the passing game. You love QBR-Tannehill was dead last in the NFL in 2018. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2837130-stats-dont-lie-adam-gase-is-the-wrong-coach-for-sam-darnold-and-the-jets.amp.html

Just now, SummerofSam14 said:

Read this article: The Adam Gase offense inherently leads to inefficient production in the passing game. You love QBR-Tannehill was dead last in the NFL in 2018. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2837130-stats-dont-lie-adam-gase-is-the-wrong-coach-for-sam-darnold-and-the-jets.amp.html

sure get a new OC/HC and you have yet another full year of Sam being bad and a ready made excuse.

No fan of Gase, really. 

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

sure get a new OC/HC and you have yet another full year of Sam being bad and a ready made excuse.

No fan of Gase, really. 

Well if you want to kill Sam don’t cite metrics that contradict what Gase preaches.

The Gase offense is about staying “on schedule” which means getting to 3rd and manageable. Gase believes a 3-4 yard gain on 2nd and 10 is a quality result. The reality is the percentage of converting on 3rd and 10 isn’t much different than 3rd and 7. 

25 minutes ago, SummerofSam14 said:

Well if you want to kill Sam don’t cite metrics that contradict what Gase preaches.

The Gase offense is about staying “on schedule” which means getting to 3rd and manageable. Gase believes a 3-4 yard gain on 2nd and 10 is a quality result. The reality is the percentage of converting on 3rd and 10 isn’t much different than 3rd and 7. 

i wont say anything about what Gase preaches, cos i am ognorant of exactly what that is.

One thing I am pretty sure he does NOT preach. Continually underthrowing the deep ball.

1 minute ago, SummerofSam14 said:

Great example of the straw man fallacy here. You have no counter argument to my last two posts. 

I dont know what Gases philosophy is. You claim to and you may indeed be right. 

Also, I dont know if he is much of any good.

But I am not going to attribute Sams performance solely to his OC. Cos I have seen open guys missed

as well as very good throws...and I dont think Gase is personally responsible for either of those.

shrug.

I have said that i think gase believes in Sam completely and that may be good for Sam.

12 minutes ago, SummerofSam14 said:

Great example of the straw man fallacy here. You have no counter argument to my last two posts. 

I am not pretending to have defeated your argument, Maybe Gase is terrible? Could be.

hes been around some good QBing and maybe he can enact/put in place those concpets that worked. or not.

or maybe the players on the teams where that h=good QBing occured are better players?

certainly the OLs were.

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

I am not pretending to have defeated your argument, Maybe Gase is terrible? Could be.

hes been around some good QBing and maybe he can enact/put in place those concpets that worked. or not.

or maybe the players on the teams where that h=good QBing occured are better players?

certainly the OLs were.

According to ESPNs QBR (which you love) and DVOA the only QB that has been successful in his offense has been Peyton Manning who is better than Darnold. 

Ryan Tannehill was 32nd (worse than Darnold) last season and in the playoff year he was 24th and 26th (dvoa). You use these stats to claim Darnold stinks, but the reality is that these stats are consistent with Gase offenses.

My argument is that Adam Gase is the problem not Sam Darnold. 

13 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

I called this hate for Sam early in the year I said y’all will turn on him after few bad games. . Some Jets fans turn on there own so fast it’s hilarious. The grass is always greener in there minds. The teams 2 best players (Darnold and Adams) are 2 of the most hated players when it comes to some fans

Why are you so complacent and tolerant of being the worst ranked Offense in the NFL?

Don't you WANT Darnold to play better?  Are you less of a fan for saying so?

• Thumb Down 1