Adam Gase's future with Jets hinges on whether he can repair broken offense

JetsLife

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I just wonder if we finish 8-8 next year will CJ fire Gase or will he say "we feel like we're close and that we're on the cusp of taking the next step.  Plus good teams have stability at HC.  He stays".

I really want to see some results next year but I don't think CJ believes in accountability.  I get the sense he'll look for any excuse to keep Gase for at least 3 years. 

Maybe WJ comes back next year?  If so, we'll have to see how ownership handles things going forward.  I wouldn't be surprised if CJ wanted to continue.  Maybe the GM, OC, and ST coaches can report to WJ while the HC and DC will report to CJ.  That sounds just screwy enough that the Johnson family would think it's a good idea.

lol

when does the Bowles/Macc contracts expire?

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I just wonder if we finish 8-8 next year will CJ fire Gase or will he say "we feel like we're close and that we're on the cusp of taking the next step.  Plus good teams have stability at HC.  He stays".

I really want to see some results next year but I don't think CJ believes in accountability.  I get the sense he'll look for any excuse to keep Gase for at least 3 years. 

Maybe WJ comes back next year?  If so, we'll have to see how ownership handles things going forward.  I wouldn't be surprised if CJ wanted to continue.  Maybe the GM, OC, and ST coaches can report to WJ while the HC and DC will report to CJ.  That sounds just screwy enough that the Johnson family would think it's a good idea.

BTW...nice new photo image in your profile...creative for sure.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I don't think the Giants are going to get an A-1 HC after they decided to keep Gettleman.

Nobody has any idea what Bellichick's contract is. We do know the Garrapolo trade was not something he was happy about. Whether Brady does or doesn't retire, he will be 43 next season.

Whether that means he moves to NJ to take over s GM with say McDaniels as the HC and his son as DC,  or GM and coach, remains to be seen. Rumblings are what ever the misgivings old man Wellington may have had about Bellichick banging the secretary are no longer a concern after all this awfulness. They simply want to win, not worried about whether the HC goes to mass any more. Gettleman is not a well man anyway, they can put him out to pasture at the drop of a hat. 

Nobody has any idea what Bellichick's contract is. We do know the Garrapolo trade was not something he was happy about. Whether Brady does or doesn't retire, he will be 43 next season.

Whether that means he moves to NJ to take over s GM with say McDaniels as the HC and his son as DC,  or GM and coach, remains to be seen. Rumblings are what ever the misgivings old man Wellington may have had about Bellichick banging the secretary are no longer a concern after all this awfulness. They simply want to win, not worried about whether the HC goes to mass any more. Gettleman is not a well man anyway, they can put him out to pasture at the drop of a hat. 

That scenario would be appealing to the Giants ownership for sure. I just don't think the cheating POS Belichick would jeopardize his legacy taking over a team that has so many holes. I hope it happens and Bill has to retire a loser, of course he'll always be known as a cheat no matter what he does.

3 hours ago, JetsLife said:

Jets offense - essentially the worst in the NFL this season. In what is an offensive friendly league, with all kinds of gaudy numbers being put up this year and recent years.

Yes with a tattered o-line it was near impossible to put up big numbers. But man, the Jets offense was simply awful:

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/82140/adam-gases-future-with-jets-hinges-on-whether-he-can-repair-broken-offense

Impossible for Gase sure.  It for any other coach in the nfl

So wait,

The guy has coached the Jets to two more wins than they've had the last three years and somehow he's on some "hot seat"?!

You guys listen to yourselves and convince yourselves of truly nonsensical things...

The offense sucks because a) the OL sucks, and b) the QB has turnover issues and the maturity of a teenager. Hopefully these things will be corrected.