Pre-combine Mock Draft to 11

Sarge4Tide

Yes, pre-combine, pre-free agency mock drafts are a waste of time, I know.....

1. Bengals - Joe Burrow QB LSU
  2. Redskins - Chase Young Edge Ohio State
  3. Lions - Jeff Okudah CB Ohio State
  4. Giants - Jedrick Wills OT Alabama (or whoever emerges as the #1 offensive lineman)
  5. Dolphins - Tua Tagovaiola QB Alabama
  6. Chargers - Justin Herbert QB Oregon
  7. Panthers - Derrick Brown DL Auburn 
  8. Cardinals - Mekhi Beckton OL Louisville (or whoever emerges as the #2 offensive lineman)
  9. Jaguars  - Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama
  10. Browns -  Isaiah Simmons LB Clemson (could be another OL but SImmons is the best player available)
  11. Jets - seems like 4 legit options at this point, but the Jets go with Anthony Thomas OL UGA
    • CeeDee Lamb, AJ Epensa, and Tristin Wirfs would also be options
    • Under this scenario, Jets might be an ideal trade partner for teams looking to move up and take one of the next group of QBs
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Browns -  Isaiah Simmons LB Clemson (could be another OL but SImmons is the best player available)

Did CLE hire Macc?  I'd be shocked if they didn't go OL.  Their biggest need meets the best talent.  Should be a no-brainer move. 

But yes, it's the Browns...

On 2/3/2020 at 7:22 AM, Sarge4Tide said:

Yes, pre-combine, pre-free agency mock drafts are a waste of time, I know.....

1. Bengals - Joe Burrow QB LSU
  2. Redskins - Chase Young Edge Ohio State
  3. Lions - Jeff Okudah CB Ohio State
  4. Giants - Jedrick Wills OT Alabama (or whoever emerges as the #1 offensive lineman)
  5. Dolphins - Tua Tagovaiola QB Alabama
  6. Chargers - Justin Herbert QB Oregon
  7. Panthers - Derrick Brown DL Auburn 
  8. Cardinals - Mekhi Beckton OL Louisville (or whoever emerges as the #2 offensive lineman)
  9. Jaguars  - Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama
  10. Browns -  Isaiah Simmons LB Clemson (could be another OL but SImmons is the best player available)
  11. Jets - seems like 4 legit options at this point, but the Jets go with Andrew Thomas OL UGA
    • CeeDee Lamb, AJ Epensa, and Tristin Wirfs would also be options
    • Under this scenario, Jets might be an ideal trade partner for teams looking to move up and take one of the next group of QBs

That would be a dream scenario for the Jets if the first 10 picks unfolded that way.  I'd be fine with any of the guys I highlighted in green.

In fact, any scenario where 3 QBs go in the Top 10 probably sets things up really well for the Jets.

It's funny but for Jets fans I think we want to see Tom Brady stay in NE.  If he goes to the Chargers then that probably pushes San Diego to go OLine.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'm still a skeptic re the QBS especially Tua.  I think either tua or herbet or even both will be there at 11.

If they're there, and 3 or 4 OL are taken, as well as the top 2 WRs, I'd hope we get a good offer to trade down (and we'd take it).  Like 18 & 26 from the Dolphins?  (Obviously assuming they don't take a QB at 5.)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thshadow said:

If they're there, and 3 or 4 OL are taken, as well as the top 2 WRs, I'd hope we get a good offer to trade down (and we'd take it).  Like 18 & 26 from the Dolphins?  (Obviously assuming they don't take a QB at 5.)

Be hard to swing a trade like that within the division

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Be hard to swing a trade like that within the division

And it would be a really weird move for the Dolphins to pass on Tua at 5 and then move up for him to 11. They would REALLY have to value someone else a lot more. That kind of trade does not make sense to me. 

• Upvote 3

Should be some jockeying to get QB's early. I'm honestly not sure which team behind the Jets is giving something of substance to get a QB. Only ones I can think of are Indy or Tampa - fine with either jumping up (though I'm not sure they do it for Love and I think the other three are gone).

• Upvote 1

Just noticed the Colts have 34 in addition to 44. If they like Herbert, that pick plus theirs at 13 gets them to 5 on the chart and ahead of the Chargers.

They’d probably have to throw in some other stuff but it should be reasonable for a QB - and they can keep their second. Probably depends a little what the Giants do are 4 and if the Lions are okay losing Okudah (assuming Miami jumps to 3 for Tua since they have need and the most ammo).

Alternatively if they want Love and to get ahead of the Raiders, 13 and 34 for 11 and 48 is a little more than chart but again for a QB and they can’t pull something similar with Cleveland because it’s farther and Cleveland picks at 41. No loss of picks for the Colts, Jets only drop down a couple spots in the first to move up to the top of day two where they get a solid player or have an opportunity to move down and accumulate picks there. Early day two picks are always a hot commodity.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, PepPep said:

And it would be a really weird move for the Dolphins to pass on Tua at 5 and then move up for him to 11. They would REALLY have to value someone else a lot more. That kind of trade does not make sense to me. 

So maybe this isn't the best counter-example, but 2014, Cleveland passed on a QB at 8, then traded up from 26 to 22 for ...  well I'll just stop here...  :-)