If You Were Not a Jets Fan, Who WOULD You be a Fan Of and Why?

7 hours ago, pajet said:

Damn you Dad.   Grew up in an area in between NY Phil, and Pit.   Steelers were the dynasty at the time.   Well before DTV and availability of watching all the games.   Steelers were on all the time.  Was rooting for the Steelers.   Dad was friends with the Michaels brothers...was told had to root for the Jets.   Sack Exchange got me hook line and sinker.   Vaguley remember the Todd int in the end zone ending the come back attempt vs. the Bills in the playoffs.   Remember a game against the Flippers with a game winning td as time expired (Todd to Barkum I think).   81 playoff run....mud bowl.   Should have known after that...but here I am.

The Todd to barkum play and his int in the EZ vs Buffalo were both in the same season of 1981.  I was 6 that season and it's the first one I can really remember.  I was spoiled early, 4 playoff apps in my first 6 years watching.  

If the Jets never existed I'm sure I'd be a Giants fan living in NY.  If the Jets moved somewhere tomorrow I don't know who I'd follow but I couldn't become a Giants fan now.

15 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

How sad that a team like the Jets is all ya got?

Therapist bills stacking up?

Not sure which is worse.  Just having the Jets, or being a Jet-Met-Islander fan like me.  Between 68 & 86 I got to see 4 Stanley Cups, 2 WS titles and a Super Bowl.  Add in a couple of Knicks championships in the early 70s when I cared about NBA basketball and a Cinderella run to the Final 4 for the Penn Quakers in '79 and I got to see more than my share of winning as a kid. 

And then nothing in the last 34 years.  102+ combined seasons with nothing more than a few close calls.

The first NFL team I liked was The Green Bay Packers when Bart Starr was the QB and Vince Lombardi the coach. The first NFL game I watched was with my father on New Years Eve (I think) 1966 and it was one of the greatest football games ever played The Ice Bowl Green Bay vs Dallas. That was my team until they started showing some AFL football games on TV during that 68 season and I watched my first Jets game and with their young QB from Alabama. Now if there wasn't  a team called the New York Jets, I don't know, The Giants or The Bengals

3 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

The first NFL team I liked was The Green Bay Packers when Bart Starr was the QB and Vince Lombardi the coach. The first NFL game I watched was with my father on New Years Eve (I think) 1966 and it was one of the greatest football games ever played The Ice Bowl Green Bay vs Dallas. That was my team until they started showing some AFL football games on TV during that 68 season and I watched my first Jets game and with their young QB from Alabama. Now if there wasn't  a team called the New York Jets, I don't know, The Giants or The Bengals

Loved Bart Starr and the Ice Bowl was amazing. 

12 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Loved Bart Starr and the Ice Bowl was amazing. 

Yup, turned me into a football fan for life. They used to have a Notre Dame show on Sunday mornings on like channel 9 or something showing clips and I got to like their big name QBs like terry Hanratty and Joe Theismann. Later in the mid-70's they had another promising kid Joe Monta...something like that

Green Bay Packers.....They're still my second favorite team and usually a safe alternative to what is normally and traditionally an abortion of a NY Jets season. 

I was born and raised in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Everyone up there is a Packers fan. The only Lions fans you see are transplants from the lower peninsula. People from the UP are rabid about the Pack.