Jets pass on both Thomas, Becton to take WR Jeudy in Todd McShay's post-FA Mock Draft

On 3/31/2020 at 7:19 AM, T0mShane said:

Marlon Davidson had 6.5 sacks last year. 2.5 against Kent State, 2 vs Arkansas, one more vs Samford. 

Edit: one against Andrew Thomas and UGA

Yup that's top notch competition there that he faced.

• Upvote 1

On 4/1/2020 at 8:06 AM, IndianaJet said:

A little overboard here Chris. Jeudy = Corey Davis?  That's a little extreme

I like Chris Simms and agree with a lot of things he says but to say route running isn’t important and can just be learned is nuts

That’s why Stephen Hill never amounted to dogsh t in the nfl

8 hours ago, bitonti said:

It's a great class I like a whole bunch of these guys

the questions are 1) at what price and 2) how do they fit the ZONE system?

Josh Jones is a George Fant clone in terms of measurables the trick will be to get him at value. He's probably not worth 11. Jones in rd 2 would be awesome, but he might not get there.

I really like Matt Peart (poor man's Eric Fisher) even tho he's a little older. Ezra Cleveland is a poor man's Kolton Miller. if the Jets draft Austin Jackson it would not be surprising at all.  they can find their rd 2 rd 3 guys and make a case for them. 

what people need to realize is that whether they draft the player at 11 or at 48 or in rd 3 that rookie is not going to be an all pro. All rookies (mostly) take a year or more to become legit NFL linemen. People forget how rocky Brick's rookie year was. 

They had their chance to draft an insta-all pro his name is Quenton Nelson and guys like that come around once every 10-20 years maybe

Let's say they take Becton. The guy needs to learn everything about being a pro and he's like 20 years old. Wills is a penalty machine. Wirfs has never played LT in college. Thomas is the most "pro ready" LT JMO. 

unfortunately the same is often true of WR - they need to learn how to get off a pro jam, learn hot routes etc. They can punt return and jet sweep or whatever as rookies but Ruggs would be like a rich man's Santana Moss. 

drafting offense (other than RB) is for the future not the instant result. 

I like that. It;'s interesting to me. This whole deal of the "top 4" T's doesn't necessarily make sense other than those guys being good players. Like you mentioned, a guy like Josh Jones might actually be the best fit of the bunch of they are really going for Athleticism at the position. 

Thanks for the input. I have wavered back and forth on these guys as I get deeper into each specific player. I think my main guy is Becton at this point due to the rare combo of size and athleticism. but I have fears that a guy like that hopping around on those knees and ankles will eventually wear down. 

I like the idea of maximizing value. Getting the guys you feel will fit the system but not necessarily taking the "top" guys so creating value out of the pics. Whether that be trade downs or what have you. 

I agree its a good class. I'm excited to see what this new GM of ours pulls together. Especially for the offense and OL in particular. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2020 at 8:22 AM, bla bla bla said:

I have a guy who says if Becton is on the board we take him. I have 100% faith in him given his track record. Just observing Douglas, I can't see him actually taking a WR if a top OT is on the board. It just doesn't really make sense IMO considering the depth of WR here.

BOOM!

Well done. 

• Upvote 2