Last to post in this thread wins

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Ya think? Sometimes I wished I'd posted there more. I never got a banning thread and I was never subject to a multi-paragraph, multi-colored, multi-font rant.

I thought there was a distinct lack of multi-coloured posts in the latest JI exile thread.

Whoa....we must not turn this thread into JI rants part LXVII...

Members of the Green Party can best help the environment by being used as fertiliser. :mrgreen:

I thought there was a distinct lack of multi-coloured posts in the latest JI exile thread.

Whoa....we must not turn this thread into JI rants part LXVII...

Members of the Green Party can best help the environment by being used as fertiliser. :mrgreen:

New ordinance here. Can't sell your house without passing an energy audit.

New ordinance here. Can't sell your house without passing an energy audit.

I think there's something like that here too. The latest thing they've come up with is the Carbon Tax. To "encourage" us to change our habits. What it's done is jack up the price of gas and diesel, so that, in the past, it was the only thing cheaper in the Republic than Norn iron, so now, everybody as well as getting their food up North, will now go get their gas as well, taking even more out of the economy, which is heading towards the Excrement Canal.

But then what do you expect from people, when it's pointed out that this country produces as much CO2 in a year that China farts out in 5 minutes, claim that we have to set an example to the rest of the world. Like the Chinese Politburo, or any other country, really pays attention to this pissant heading for 3rd world status nation?

And let's not forget the recent floods we had here. The Green party blamed it on us not reducing the carbon footprint, along with those evil developers who were allowed to put buildings wherever they wanted. This despite the fact some floods occurred along rivers that haven't been dredged in years, like they used to be, when there were no catastrophic floods. Why? The Greens didn't want to disrupt the ecosystems.

Soylent Green?

No thanks. Actually, maybe we should just burn them in those new fangled low emission power stations. :mrgreen:

Probably where you have to have a full report on how energy efficient your house is, how your insulation is up to scratch, etc.

Like most of these green things, just a money racket.

That's it! Austin is trying to be a 'green' city, but I think this law is too much. Of course, my home is older than 10 years so it affects us whenever we decide to sell. :frown:

The Austin City Council approved the Energy Conservation Audit and Disclosure (ECAD) ordinance to improve the energy efficiency of Austin homes and buildings that receive electricity from Austin Energy.

The Energy Conservation Audit and Disclosure (ECAD) ordinance requires that before the sale of their home, owners of a single-family home must have an energy audit performed on the property.

Homes meeting any one of the following conditions do not need an audit. The home:

• Is less than 10 years old at the time of sale

• Has received at least three energy-efficiency improvements within 10 years before the sale. These improvements include: increasing attic insulation to R38; installing solar screens, solar film, or low-E windows; adding radiant barriers in the attic; replacing or insulating ducts; reducing air infiltration and sealing ducts; and installing new qualifying HVAC systems.

• Is a condominium

• Is manufactured housing (a mobile home) built on a permanent chassis and designed for use without a permanent foundation.