HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

11 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Relevant tidbits from CTM's ISO

- talk about self hammer to avoid pac's hammer mummbo jumbo deal. Pretty null overall though I recall not being a huge fan att.
- hints that he has a none consequential slot when asked to reveal. Gets some crap for not willing to reveal or him asking the mod if it counts as a reveal. This was mostly nonsense imo. 
- Nolder nudges him some about the end of his reveal.
- Gets nudged a bit by DPR
- votes me irt my stance that idgaf who dandie is. Seemed like a load of crap to me. He soon backtracked from it.
- says he's suss of DPR
- unvotes me and votes Barry, while waving away dandie's train as insignificant.
- foses JC
- some back and forth with Barry irt dandie.
- unvotes votes DPR
- says he feels drums is a disinterested townie
- defends drums to AJ. Was kinda weird.
- 20 mins later AJ quotes a post of drums from Red Dawn and CTM votes drums. Pretty disgusting stuff.
- When Hess and 80 vote stark he quotes them both and foses 80 for following Hess' "omgus vote". votes 80.
- When conversing with Crusher he says he'll vote either 80 or DPR.
- Reasons for sussing DPR: past games, wanting ctm to reveal when he was at L-2, going after dandie. Kinda gross.
- eggs pac on when he foses AJ for his woe me this game is awful post. Feels like sideline nudges. Not a great look. Especially since he never actively goes after him himself.
- nudge at smash lurking
- gives a read list. pac town. feels better about DPR, worse about JC. AJ waffly. good on Arsis. 80 scum (says his vote on Stark is the scummiest thing he's seen).
- says he'll consolidate if need be cause of DL. Says he sees Stark is the vote leader but he's not sure why and says nothing he did was note worthy.
- willing to lynch 80, JC or JiF (first time he mentions him that I can see. Says he's not towntelling).
- about 10 hours later shows up saying he iso'd Stark. verdict is null. says he doesn't know why people are voting him. This might be the only time he actually metioned isoing a player, unless I missed it in my reread.
- votes JC after Stark's claim but says he's around to move his vote if need be. atp the competing trains are AJ vs JC.
- refers to Stark's claim, saying it's a bit tough to swallow and if someone who is familiar with the theme can elaborate.
- After JC's demise he says 80 and DPR look good. As well as Hess. for voting him even though they believed he was a bomb.
- When JiF questions Stark's claim, CTM says it fits with the content and that he wasn't comfortable lynching him near DL but on D2 it should be discussed.
- After the refrigerator deal gives a new read list. Feels bad about 80 surrounding Stark's lynch (???). feels better about JiF and drums. Worse about Nolder. Hess pings. Arsis townie.
- as he continues his catch up he says he likes drums, arsis, jif and aj for town. Smash null. top 3 for scum - nol, hess and 80.
- defends dpr as town vs dandie.
- questions DPR's claim that stark's claim is bull. suggests the failed attemped kill on N1 could have been on stark.
- starts to go back on his read on DPR a little bit. Says he's not willing to lynch a PR.
- says the whole dpr deal feels more like scum gambit then town play.
- questions Arsis on how DPR knew he was involved.
- he says he's leaning towards trusting DPR but doesn't actually cast a vote cause he think DPR believes what he says but isn't sure if it's actually true. Stark is at L-4 at this point.
- about 8 hours later once DPR says he knows for sure Stark lied in his claim, he votes him.
- says the questioning of the reveal could come from scum or town. but says 80 is the one that looks the least genuine.
- foses hess. eggs on barry to go after him (feels a bit sideliney again).
- foses 80 and says he doesn't get why stark was a scum read for 80 to begin with.
- votes 80. says hess should be next.

Take away from this.

vote on me was bogus but early on. Otherwise he pretty much stayed clear of me (even though he doesn't offer a read on me going forward).

his 180 on drums and then back is weird. I didn't really get why he suddenly went back to town reading him. Though the reason he had for voting him wasn't really that good either.

there's a lot of flipfloping on hess and 80 too. I mean I can get developing reads but it's a bit convoluted. He started off not loving 80, then after JC got lynched he thought 80 and Hess looked good considering, then reverted to them being his top scum leans, along with Nolder's slot. And given Stark's flip this seems a bit odd to me. ie I would have expected him to factor it all in and I don't quite get where he's coming from.

He acts several times in ways to soft defend Stark. If by throwing around comments on how he doesn't get why that train even exists, fosing 80 for voting him for no real reason. eluding that stark was possibly the failed kill target N1, questioning his claim but at the same time not actively going there until DPR basically left him no choice. ie at that point it was a thunderdome between DPR and Stark.

He also has hardly no game related interaction with some players. Like dandie for instance, who he does defend at some point but doesn't actually try to actively resolve that I've seen. Pac and JiF he just writes off as town but I don't really see him digging into them. Same with me really. Same with Crusher on D1. Might be him avoiding the headache and wanting to get rid of that nuisance via NAs.

Honestly if he doesn't get his act together he can swing as far as I'm concerned. Cause the above doesn't look good.

The part when I knew CTM was scum is when “he thinks DPR on Stark is a gambit but still afraid to vote”... fin

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Top three being me, Jif and 80. 

So I have been rereading Dandie's posts and it is a bit up and down for me but what I noticed, something it seems Dandie has mentioned a few times is that he's got a top 3 (an example in post up top) and he mentions he will look at other people, which is good; however, going over his posts, I'd say with how he has spoken it makes the most sense to vote me. I mean, he did it yesterday even with everything that happened. With the way the voting has gone so far, I make even more sense today than I did yesterday. 

But right now, he's voting DPR, the guy I believe is working for town with a PR. 

Vote Dandie

You don't sound natural describing your reasoning.

What more did you learn from rereading his posts?

54 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I think AJ is #1 townie 80 is #2 You are #3.

I felt confident whether real town or gambit by you, Stark would turn up scum. It’s called big giant brains. I have them. 50/50 real reasoning but who should care if it’s 100% Stark dead scum. Everyone not getting that esp CTM= shady

aren't you supposed to be #1?  lol

1 hour ago, DPR said:

Walk me through how you're associating Arsis with this? 

1 hour ago, Arsis said:

Yep. Got another vest floating around town side now.

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Arsis mentioned something about someone finding him, I think avm is right 

^^^

1 hour ago, DPR said:

It's from the OP lol

What variety of things?

We know we have the Seventh Kavalry and we have the unknown "powerful force". I don't see where people already working together would need to make an alliance, so it seemed obvious they connected somehow, usually by means of one looking for the other like a symp, a mason, etc. 

I’ve played in games where masons found each other. Doesn’t mean you’re not right, just wouldn’t have necessarily equated the two.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

LOL at the DPR is now so townie though. Seriously 

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

@AVM got some spainin to do

For the vote on dpr? lol

Am I misremembering or did DPR not say he got some mysterious information yesterday and was sitting on it to see how things would go with Stark?

When I read that it seemed like a half-claim which on top of being bullet proof seemed suspect. I votes him, since I still believed in the legitimacy of Starks role.

13 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

You don't sound natural describing your reasoning.

What more did you learn from rereading his posts?

I just feel like having me in his top 3 for most of this game and now there is momentum behind voting me, but he votes DPR? 

Just now, AVM said:

For the vote on dpr? lol

Am I misremembering or did DPR not say he got some mysterious information yesterday and was sitting on it to see how things would go with Stark?

When I read that it seemed like a half-claim which on top of being bullet proof seemed suspect. I votes him, since I still believed in the legitimacy of Starks role.

Fair enough. Free hugs whenever js 

Just now, SMC said:

Official Vote Count:

Drums (4) - Hess, JIF, Pac, Dandie

CTM (1) - 80 

80 (2) - CTM, Smash

Dandie (2) - DPR, Drums

With 16 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 9 to arrest 

Dandie voted DPR, no?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

You go emo quicker than anyone I’ve ever seen play. Across 4 different sites. One of which is a forum for people with emotional disorders. 

I strive for greatness in everything I do. 

1 minute ago, Drums said:

I just feel like having me in his top 3 for most of this game and now there is momentum behind voting me, but he votes DPR? 

You're the leading train right now. Shouldn't you be happy he thinks there are scummier players than you atm? Don't you have any problem with the players that are actually voting you?

Official Vote Count:

Drums (3) - Hess, JIF, Pac

CTM (1) - 80 

80 (2) - CTM, Smash

Dandie (2) - DPR, Drums

DPR (1) - Dandie

With 16 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 9 to arrest 

Just now, HessStation said:

I think someone is moving votes as I wasn’t on the final VC for Stark when I was voting him. Or just mod accidents which happen. ❤️ U mods

Mod mistake.  I corrected the vote error

1 hour ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

Disagree. Smash has triggers, but Jif basically starts the game in emo now. Wasn’t always the case.

If I come in at 95% than I'm not really going emo quick, am I?

You really are dumb. 

Just now, Nynaeve said:

You're the leading train right now. Shouldn't you be happy he thinks there are scummier players than you atm? Don't you have any problem with the players that are actually voting you?

I don't see DPR as scummy. Hess and Jif are questionable and I've been poking at them, Jif since D1 and Hess quite a bit yesterday. I still don't trust Jif or Hess. They've been pretty set on me for a while though, Jif especially. Not much I can do but play my game. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If there are indeed multiple factions, there are no lock town.

Dandie pushing the tinfoil theory that DPR and Stark were running a gambit is absurd, however.

Yep,  pointed this out, especially after using the "pragmatic" approach to defending scum on D1.  

• Sympathy 1