Random fun facts

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2020 at 4:25 PM, AFJF said:

Winston Churchill made his own funeral arrangements.  He called the plan "Operation Hope Not".

During WWII, Winston Churchill once said of the at times overbearing Charles DeGaulle:  "He thinks he's Joan of Arc but my bishops won't let me burn him".

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Speaking of canids, here;'s a video of some climbing trees.  That's right, climbing trees.  Only they aren't dogs, they're foxes, who are closely related to dogs.  If you don't notice the bushy tail, you can believe it's a dog.  

"the gray fox's ability to climb trees is shared only with the Asian Raccoon Dog among all canids. Its strong, hooked claws allow it to scramble up trees to escape many predators such as the domestic dog or the coyote, or to reach tree-bound or arboreal food sources." 

"

On 2/3/2022 at 6:08 PM, kelticwizard said:

Never heard of a dog breed called Malinois.  But take a look at what it can do:

Malinois are amazing dogs. Ridiculously smart and athletic animals. They were bred as Belgian herding dogs, but I believe LE and the military are using them more and more where GSDs were used, as they're just as smart and a bit smaller on average than a GSD.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated President Lincoln, was named after Englishman John Wilkes, who once argued in Parliament that if England were to begin taxing America, they would be risking civil war.

• 2 months later...

Orangutans are pretty big on rape.  Within their community, they essentially have two types of males; larger males and smaller males.  Like most humans, female Orangutan's prefer the larger males so the smaller males get frustrated and the only way they get to have sex is through rape.

In fact, one group of researchers in the jungle once heard a member of their cooking staff screaming for help.  When they got to her, she was being raped by an Orangutan.  They tried pulling him off of her but it was so strong that hitting and pulling him did nothing to stop him.

They're not so cute and cuddly when I bring the kids to the zoo ever since reading about that.