2020 NY Yankees

Philc1

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

What’s the status of Judge, Stanton, Hicks?  What happens with German’s suspension?

As far as suspensions, in March, they said if there was no season, then suspensions would be cancelled. If there is a season, players have to serve the number of games they were suspended.

12 hours ago, Philc1 said:

What’s the status of Judge, Stanton, Hicks?  What happens with German’s suspension?

Stanton just pulled a muscle in his vagina.  Out for 3-47 months.

Judge is still healing a rib he broke last year.  Hell be ready opening day 2021.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

As far as suspensions, in March, they said if there was no season, then suspensions would be cancelled. If there is a season, players have to serve the number of games they were suspended.

Are the suspension at least going to be pro-rated?  What if a player was suspended for 60 games?  That's less than half of a regular-length season.  Crazy if they wouldn't pro-rate it.

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Are the suspension at least going to be pro-rated?  What if a player was suspended for 60 games?  That's less than half of a regular-length season.  Crazy if they wouldn't pro-rate it.

From what I’m hearing German is out for the season.  He still has 63 games to serve out and it’s a 60 game schedule.  He could be available in the playoffs 

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That seems unfair though because a shortened season means the penalties are a lot heavier than they otherwise would have been.

Life ain’t fair

The top 3 of the starting rotation looks really good with Cole, Tanaka and Paxton.  

Back end looks dicey at best.  Happ will be the 4th starter.  He did have a good September last season and maybe the shortened season helps him. Montgomery is probably the 5th starter by default - please no more Chad Green as the “opener”

13 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Life ain’t fair

The top 3 of the starting rotation looks really good with Cole, Tanaka and Paxton.  

Back end looks dicey at best.  Happ will be the 4th starter.  He did have a good September last season and maybe the shortened season helps him. Montgomery is probably the 5th starter by default - please no more Chad Green as the “opener”

Garcia?  Innings limit shouldn't be a problem for a kids, they are only playing 60 games. 

What do you think the league leader in innings will have for this year, 65? 

• Upvote 1

On 7/2/2020 at 9:41 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

My brother showed me this video a couple of years ago and I still watch it once in a while, gets me every time. 

On 7/4/2020 at 7:44 PM, Philc1 said:

Hey Mike do the NY Giants and SF Giants hang out?

I’ve heard this call before too although it’s actually not that stupid of a question. I believe Yu Darvish and Henrik Lundqvist became friends over the NY and Texas Rangers. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

My brother showed me this video a couple of years ago and I still watch it once in a while, gets me every time. 

I’ve heard this call before too although it’s actually not that stupid of a question. I believe Yu Darvish and Henrik Lundqvist became friends over the NY and Texas Rangers. 

Artie Lange from the Stern Show had a good call to Mike once

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

He almost broke my record. I once hit a 700 footer in little league. Kid served up a meatball and I took him deep. 

True story, a kid a grew up with named Joey Deluca hit a homerun in Yankees stadium playing for Lincoln High School. He was probably the smallest guy on the team.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Damn that’s impressive.

Btw are you implying that my story wasn’t true?

A 700 footer would be over 100 feet more than anything Bonds ever hit. It sounds like a stretch. Did you go on to play A ball? ?

Mickey Mantle has the top 2 on this list: https://m.goliath.com/sports/the-15-longest-home-runs-ever-hit/ 1. Mickey Mantle, 1960, 643 Feet

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

A 700 footer would be over 100 feet more than anything Bonds ever hit. It sounds like a stretch. Did you go on to play A ball? ?

Mickey Mantle has the top 2 on this list: https://m.goliath.com/sports/the-15-longest-home-runs-ever-hit/ 1. Mickey Mantle, 1960, 643 Feet

You know how it goes with the injuries. That’s what derailed me. ? 

• Haha 1