2020 NY Yankees

Philc1

47 minutes ago, section314 said:

As Michael Kay would say....." see ya."

He will be 32 next November and has a history of elbow issues.  I’d sign Tanaka to a 2 year $45 million deal but definitely not more and he will absolutely get a way bigger contract on the open market

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

He will be 32 next November and has a history of elbow issues.  I’d sign Tanaka to a 2 year $45 million deal but definitely not more and he will absolutely get a way bigger contract on the open market

I don’t know. I think the top of the rotation next year will be Cole, Garcia and German. Tanaka maybe would be 4th. Not even the Yanks pay 4/5 guys $22mm/per.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, section314 said:

I don’t know. I think the top of the rotation next year will be Cole, Garcia and German. Tanaka maybe would be 4th. Not even the Yanks pay 4/5 guys $22mm/per.

Tanaka is still a good pitcher and money in the playoffs.  Let some other team like the mets overpay

Side note: gotta include Loaisaga in the rotation next year.  I’ve been really impressed with his stuff

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

His fastball was only 96-98. He popped one at 100, when he overthrew.

Plus, he is a punk.

He knows he can't blow people away any more with the heat, and thus he is getting beat with his lesser pitches. Probably explains why he is starting to throw up and in on guys, to try to get them to fear him.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

He knows he can't blow people away any more with the heat, and thus he is getting beat with his lesser pitches. Probably explains why he is starting to throw up and in on guys, to try to get them to fear him.

I have no problem with pitchers pitching in and brushing back to maintain ownership of the inside of the plate. The pitch to Brosseau had none of that. It had intent and was not a miss. The way that Chapman came off the mound tells you as much.

I know that the Yankees felt the Rays were pitching high and hard at the Yankees. There is no doubt the Yankees talked about this as a team. Chapman took it to the extreme.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I have no problem with pitchers pitching in and brushing back to maintain ownership of the inside of the plate. The pitch to Brosseau had none of that. It had intent and was not a miss. The way that Chapman came off the mound tells you as much.

I know that the Yankees felt the Rays were pitching high and hard at the Yankees. There is no doubt the Yankees talked about this as a team. Chapman took it to the extreme.

Agreed. It's nuts he only got 3 games and Kelly got 8. What they ought to do with guys who get suspensions for throwing at people is to forget the suspensions, just make them have to get an at bat against the team they threw at for the same amount of games they would have been suspended for. If pitchers had to take a turn, they would all of a sudden get better control.

2 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

This team is garbage right now.

They can only blame injuries for so long.  Judge is really the only significant player who is currently injured.  Paxton sucked this season before getting hurt and Stanton was a no factor last season

The bullpen, again, is horrific.

• Upvote 1

On 9/6/2020 at 12:48 PM, BROOKLYN JET said:

Toronto next won't be easy either.

Cleveland, Minnesota and the White Sox are all looking good too.

Yankees are in trouble.

No one wants to hit.  When they do provide offense like tonight the bullpen self destructs.  7 out of the last 12 losses the yanks had leads.  We really need to clean house in that pen but 4 of our problem children are locked into long term deals

We are long way from Wetteland and Rivera

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

No one wants to hit.  When they do provide offense like tonight the bullpen self destructs.  7 out of the last 12 losses the yanks had leads.  We really need to clean house in that pen but 4 of our problem children are locked into long term deals

We are long way from Wetteland and Rivera

I feel your pain, man. I watch my team go down 6-0, come back to take the lead, and then have Familia give it back in 20 pitches. This whole season is nuts. Get ready for a Tampa-San Diego, or Atlanta-White Sox series.?

• Upvote 2