80's "I need fantasy assistance" thread

Jetsfan80

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Question

My Flex:   Breece, T Higgins, Justin Jefferson, or OBJ.

Right now I'm leaning Breece

This is the kind of thing where you have to wait for final injury reports. If JJ is damaged again, Breece is the pick. Maybe if a hobbled JJ plays, he and Mullen can connect.

On 12/14/2023 at 1:12 AM, Paradis said:

Alright you degenerates, my turn to get some fantasy therapy. This is my primary home league - must win

I dominated all year, but the wheels have come off these past few weeks. 

QB (just lost Herbert)... pretty sure i'm gonna ride Levis hosting HOU, but Mullins might have new pussy excitement about him

• Levis vs HOU
  • Mullins @ Cin
  • Mayfield @GB

Skill positions -- we run a 2/3/1 with a RWT flex. 

RB: leaning towards Mostert, White and maybe Mitchell. He's due. Achane banged up makes me nervous and I hate Etienne's spot.

• Achane vs Jets
  • Mostert vs Jets
  • Etienne vs BAL
  • R. White @GB
  • D. Pierce @TEN
  • K. Mitchell @JAX

WR: not much to see here, Aiyuk, Chase and Waddle, unless D. Johnson can't go, then I might pivot to Pickens. Waddle has been a huge bust.

• Aiyuk @ARZ
  • Chase vs Min
  • Waddle vs Jets
  • Dotson @ Rams
  • Pickens @IND

TE: Hockenson obviously, but Likely is low key in the mix for the flex. 

• Hockenson @Chase
  • Likely @Jax
  • Goedert @hurt

Like your life dependent on it fellas

@Paradis @Barry McCockinner @JiF @RoadFan @Lurker89 @Dcat @PS17 @#27TheDominator @chirorob 

@Jetsfan80@Dcat

Levis

Mostert, White, Etienne (bad weather in the Florida games, I would trust high volume players and goal line touches over speed guys like Achane and Keaton)

Aiyuk, Chase and Waddle

Hock

@Jetsfan80 @Paradis @Barry McCockinner @JiF @RoadFan @Lurker89 @Dcat @PS17 @#27TheDominator @chirorob @JagsFanJif 

This one is a bit time dependent, so if you are tuning in after 1pm Saturday, decision will have been made already.

Brandin Cooks is being a colossal pain in my arse.

So he is Questionable - Rest/Illness variety and scheduled for Sunday 4pm.  My alternatives are:
Tee Higgins Saturday 1pm (90 minutes away) or Zay Jones Sunday Night football.

Start Higgins now or wait it out for Cooks and pivot to Zay Jones if necessary?

I'm leaning to leave higgins on the bench where he belongs anyway.  Any of the 3 choices is worthy of a prayer.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

@Jetsfan80 @Paradis @Barry McCockinner @JiF @RoadFan @Lurker89 @Dcat @PS17 @#27TheDominator @chirorob @JagsFanJif 

This one is a bit time dependent, so if you are tuning in after 1pm Saturday, decision will have been made already.

So he is Questionable - Rest/Illness variety and scheduled for Sunday 4pm.  My alternatives are:

I'm leaning to leave higgins on the bench where he belongs anyway.  Any of the 3 choices is worthy of a prayer.

No idea

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

Higgins.

He's on my bench too.  

12 hours ago, Dcat said:

Sorry dude, slept on this... I would have said Higgins and Harris. You have to start Higgins in that spot. 

On 12/14/2023 at 11:54 AM, Paradis said:

I like your logic. Putting aside that whatever I do, the opposite will happen -- If you stack up the likelihood of Flacco getting a couple layups inside the 20 to Njoku & Cooper vs Levis throwing TDs before TEN gets inside the 10 (when Henry takes over)....  Probably favors Flacco. TEN might be able to just run the ball 35-40 times and win with little pressure on Levis vs that busted up Texans team

Hope you didn’t listen to me.  I suck.  Highest scoring team decimated by injuries and bounced first round of the playoffs.  I’m sick to my stomach.  I hate this ******* game 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, chirorob said:

I'm about to follow you

Hilarious enough, Flacco is the only player on my team to exceed their expected points.  I've seen good teams get ****ed in the playoffs.  I've never seen anything like this, I average 175 a game, I'm going to score 110.  If I'm lucky.  That's just unreal 

• Upvote 1

Brutal decisions for me this week. Thrilled to be in the semifinal but I’m playing literally the best team ever assembled. 

Pick two (.5 PPR):

Garrett Wilson vs. WSH

Bijan Robinson vs. IND

Austin Ekeler vs. BUF

Chase Brown @ PIT

I’m leaning Garrett and Bijan but not feeling good. I despise Arthur Smith. 

On 12/19/2023 at 2:07 PM, PS17 said:

Brutal decisions for me this week. Thrilled to be in the semifinal but I’m playing literally the best team ever assembled. 

Pick two (.5 PPR):

Garrett Wilson vs. WSH

Bijan Robinson vs. IND

Austin Ekeler vs. BUF

Chase Brown @ PIT

I’m leaning Garrett and Bijan but not feeling good. I despise Arthur Smith. 

just saw this... sorry.  I would take Garrett and Ekeler.  Ekeler got about 11 points last night (ppr).  Love Bijan but not for FF with that horrible HC.  If you chose Bijan, I hope he goes off for you today!

OK brother Jets fans and GMs.  It's the semifinals in my 11th Hour League - JD's Pretzels (as shown in the other thread).

After the Thu/Sat games, my opponent has a Yahoo 62% projection to win.  Not good.

I have one flex spot in this league that I am unsure about and ask for your wisdom.

0.5 ppr

B Cooks @ Mia (hmmmm)
E Moore @ Hou (no way)
Dotson @ NYJ (nope)
M Wilson @ Chi (I don't think so)
Roschon Johnson vs Ari  (hmmmm....  Ari is awful vs the run but Fields does much of the running here.)

Per Rapoport, Foreman is likely out.  Do the Bears give the larger share to Roschon or Herbert?    Should I start Roschon over the others?   

D’Onta Foreman (personal) not expected to play

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports D’Onta Foreman (personal) is not expected to play in Week 16 against the Cardinals.
Advice: Foreman missed Thursday’s practice for personal reasons but was back on the field for a limited session on Friday. He was then listed as questionable. Sans Foreman, the Bears will narrow their backfield to a two-man committee. Roschon Johnson’s role as a pass-catcher makes him the preferred option to Khalil Herbert for Week 16. Herbert out-carried Johnson 6-5 last week but the latter picked up an additional four receptions. Johnson ranks as a low-end RB3 for Week 16. Fantasy managers can avoid Herbert altogether.

21 minutes ago, Dcat said:

OK brother Jets fans and GMs.  It's the semifinals in my 11th Hour League - JD's Pretzels (as shown in the other thread).

After the Thu/Sat games, my opponent has a Yahoo 62% projection to win.  Not good.

I have one flex spot in this league that I am unsure about and ask for your wisdom.

0.5 ppr

B Cooks @ Mia (hmmmm)
E Moore @ Hou (no way)
Dotson @ NYJ (nope)
M Wilson @ Chi (I don't think so)
Roschon Johnson vs Ari  (hmmmm....  Ari is awful vs the run but Fields does much of the running here.)

Per Rapoport, Foreman is likely out.  Do the Bears give the larger share to Roschon or Herbert?    Should I start Roschon over the others?   

Roschon

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, PS17 said:

Well well well look who still has multiple Puka shares.

Yes ... yes  this was the basis of a previous conversation of ours 😂😜

and yes I do regret trading him away in that other dynasty league for what will now be either the 2.11 or the 2.12 as that SOB is playing for the championship.

The dynasty league I held him in i hit a rough losing streak knocking me out of the playoffs even though my team is very solid.. but good news is we use the consolation braket to determine draft order an im in the "toilet bowl" championship game trying tonlock down the #1 pick. Trying to get that first share of MHJR.

But sitting in 2 redraft championship games and one dynasty toilet bowl championship game I am excited to see how the weekend plays out.

Likely 0-3 😂

Mrw GIF

I'm in the big game this weekend, but my opponent and I are both arriving in ambulances... No QB, Waddle out, Chase likely as well. Lost Hockenson last week

Gonna roll will Mayfield, Etienne/Mostert/R. White, Aiyuk/Pickens/?, and Likely over Goedert

The ? is gonna be a true mystery tag partner... Slayton w/Tyrod?.... Chark vs Jags?....The Resurgent Gator, D. Robinson vs Giants?...  

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Can we do all do a degenerates league together next year?

But it's like none of us agree on anything...  such as platform to use (espn, yahoo, other), IDPs or no IDPs? Team defense or no team defense?  Can you drop a benched player whose game already played?  Yahoo = yes.  ESPN = no  Allow $0 bids or not.  Use FAAB is a must so I want even mention it.  Having been a commish for 25+ yrs, all sorts of unanticipated things pop up.

Just now, Dcat said:

But it's like none of us agree on anything...  such as platform to use, IDPs or no IDPs? Team defense or no team defense?  Can you drop a benched player whose game already played?  Yahoo = yes.  ESPN = no  Allow $0 bids or not.  Use FAAB is a must so I want even mention it.

I don’t give a sh*t; I’m fairly flexible. This should be fun, not overly finicky. 

For redraft I prefer team D. Prefer ESPN but cool with Yahoo too. Sleeper is also fine. I’m good with waivers or FAAB. 

Just now, PS17 said:

I don’t give a sh*t; I’m fairly flexible. This should be fun, not overly finicky. 

For redraft I prefer team D. Prefer ESPN but cool with Yahoo too. Sleeper is also fine. I’m good with waivers or FAAB. 

Yeah... but w/respect to IDPs, I see them as essential.  Not being finicky.  After a decade plus of using IDPs, non IDP leagues feel so incomplete.  I only do non IDPs in the public high stakes leagues on RTS.  IDPs are beyond simple. 1 DL, 1 LB, 1 DB, one or two IDP-flex. Streaming is pretty easy when you need it.  I can stomach team defense if the scoring is subdued.  Too many leagues have team defenses scoring higher on average than any other position, even QBs. And the mixing of "defense" and ST is flat out silly.  One really has little to do with the other.  The leagues I run have pivoted away from that nonsense.  The other thing wrong with team defense is the "pile on" effect.  When a QB performs well in a blow out game, he's either benched late in the game or they just run the ball.  No piling on.  But team defenses, the opposite.  It makes team defense way too extreme IMO.   That said, I can stream DST as well as anyone... just hate when that decides the outcomes. 

Yahoo preferred but will be fine with ESPN.  Would love to try Sleeper.  Buddy of mine likes it but says the phone app is awful. 

20 hours ago, PS17 said:

Can we do all do a degenerates league together next year?

I used to run the Studs and Duds back in the day on the main board, could be fun for the playoffs 

Looking for thoughts... 

Pick 2: both Achane, Mostert at BAL, Etienne hosting CAR, and R. White hosting NOS

I'm probably just gonna leave Achane on the bench and play Mostert as my flex.

Pick 3:

• J Chase (not sure how healthy he is)
  • Chark @ Jax
  • Slayton hosting Rams
  • D Robinson @ Giants.

Slim pickings, but all 3 of those names after Chase have been hot lately

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

Looking for thoughts... 

Pick 2: both Achane, Mostert at BAL, Etienne hosting CAR, and R. White hosting NOS

I'm probably just gonna leave Achane on the bench and play Mostert as my flex.

Pick 3:

• J Chase (not sure how healthy he is)
  • Chark @ Jax
  • Slayton hosting Rams
  • D Robinson @ Giants.

Slim pickings, but all 3 of those names after Chase have been hot lately

Problem A is a good problem to have ... I'm 100% leaving Achane on the bench based on his floor being the lowest by far.

It is hard to bench any of the other three... Mostert has been RB2 on the season and might be the one I'm most likely to bench. Lilttle banged up going against a good D. 

ETN with no TLaw the entire gamelan could flow through him. 

Rachaad White has had double digit points every game since week 7 with some big weeks in there.

I'll  be playing Mostert but i dont have a white or etn behind him... i have Ridley or Gus Edwards to flex behind him.

Problem B

Chase banged up is still a top 24 play.... got to play em.

From there 

Easy one is Demarcus Robinson 

He's coming off 4 double digit games in a row and has a consistent role in that O now,q ride that hot hand.

Chark has been at least "involved" in the O all year  (3 double digit game a couple 7 pointer and a bunch of woof)... coming off a hot game and playing against a bad Jax secondary in a revenge game

Slayton way more bust than boom but not that far off from Chark. Pick your poison and I mean poison on that one.

No Zamir White or KJ Osborn on waivers? Jacobs is doubtful and I have a feeling Addison is on the wrong side of questionable.

Now watch the universe refute all the logic #startcedricwilson 😂

• Upvote 1