80's "I need fantasy assistance" thread

Jetsfan80

Eagles stubbornly force carries to gainwell who is half the back Swift is. So I have Swift in with 0 points so far and gainwell botches the handoff leading to the Bills recovering a fumble and turning it into an Allen to diggs TD, both of which are owned by my opponent.

The type of sh*t that drives you crazy playing this game.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Eagles stubbornly force carries to gainwell who is half the back Swift is. So I have Swift in with 0 points so far and gainwell botches the handoff leading to the Bills recovering a fumble and turning it into an Allen to diggs TD, both of which are owned by my opponent.

Swift was on the injury report most of the week.  He was cleared on Friday and they’re using him as a decoy anyways.  Hate that sh*t.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Swift was on the injury report most of the week.  He was cleared on Friday and they’re using him as a decoy anyways.  Hate that sh*t.

I guess that's my fault, I didn't even see it. busy week. they've been over playing gainwell all year though.

edit: and I look up after posting this to see swift rip off a 30 yard run 🙄

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's ridiculous.  We play defensive players, I was down by 20 last night w/ Allen, and every time he caught a pass, it like he was tackled by Smith made the tackle negating his points.  And then, out of nowhere after 5 years of hibernation,  Jadeveon Clowney gets a strip sack ff recovery.  lol  Dude is now out scoring me w/ defenders...lucky I got some garbage time points and I'm only down 10 w/ DJ Moore going tonight, so I feel confident but this will be the 5 straight week of being the 1st or 2nd highest scoring team on the week and if Moore puts up a dud, I'll be 2-3. So dumb.

• Ugh 1

Just need to rant…

Having the worst luck this season in my work league. Highest scoring team in the league by 50 points, but I also somehow have the most points against. MNF game sunk me this week. Lost on the Hockenson TD, plus Fields fumbling the ball twice. The fumbles cost me 4 points and I ended up losing by 3. Had a 99% win probability immediately before the Hockenson TD, lol.

#1 in scoring, but 6-6 and pretty much need to win out and pray to make the playoffs.

This is worse than being a Jets fan.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, JiF said:

I once again, got someone's best shot, we were the 2 highest scoring teams, but someone scored Moore (see what I did there) and is now in the playoffs and looking to secure a first round bye.

Thanks Thank You GIF by BET Awards

lol this has been me all season, everyone brings their A game against me. Played a team last week that hadn’t cracked 100 points all season, but randomly finished with the second highest point total and beat me (I only had the 4th highest so I clearly suck). Pretty much need to be a top 3 scorer every week to win. It's all luck.

1 hour ago, fullblast said:

lol this has been me all season, everyone brings their A game against me. Played a team last week that hadn’t cracked 100 points all season, but randomly finished with the second highest point total and beat me (I only had the 4th highest so I clearly suck). Pretty much need to be a top 3 scorer every week to win. It's all luck.

I was just looking at the league stats for my league and it's whacky. 

1st place team is 10-2.  He is 4th in pts scored but has the lowest points against and by like a lot.  I'm 2nd in pts against by 400 pts compared to him and I'm the #1 scoring team but I'm in 2nd place at 8-4 w/ 3 other teams!  The team #1 team in points against is a 500 pts differential and he's also the 2nd highest scoring team and he is 4-8!!!!!!! lmfao.  Poor guy.  I'd be going mental.  For the other 8-4 teams; I have 300 more points, and 300 more points against.  

And if you read some of my most recent posts; I've been the highest or second highest scoring team in the league for the past 5 weeks, I'm 3-2 during that time frame and the 2 teams that beat me, were the worst teams in the league having their best weeks on the year and one of them, was the highest point output on the year, I own the 2nd which I earned that very same week.  lmfao 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Help!

Taysom Hill vs DET or Dalton Schultz vs DEN? Full PPR TE Premium. 

Was initially leaning Schultz but almost every receiver is out for NO which might mean it’s a Taysom game. 

@Paradis @Barry McCockinner @JiF @RoadFan @Lurker89 @Dcat @PS17 @#27TheDominator @chirorob 

@Jetsfan80@Dcat

Olave practiced... Hill could have a big game either way.

Schultz has been good when healthy but is currently injured with a hammy  so who knows there...

Hill is fine.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Help!

Was initially leaning Schultz but almost every receiver is out for NO which might mean it’s a Taysom game. 

@Paradis @Barry McCockinner @JiF @RoadFan @Lurker89 @Dcat @PS17 @#27TheDominator @chirorob 

@Jetsfan80@Dcat

I'd probably go Hill.

I also have either Schultz vs Denver or Kittle vs the Eagles.   Both had a bad week last week, Kittle has been massively hit or miss.

• Upvote 1

On 11/28/2023 at 9:31 AM, JiF said:

I was just looking at the league stats for my league and it's whacky. 

1st place team is 10-2.  He is 4th in pts scored but has the lowest points against and by like a lot.  I'm 2nd in pts against by 400 pts compared to him and I'm the #1 scoring team but I'm in 2nd place at 8-4 w/ 3 other teams!  The team #1 team in points against is a 500 pts differential and he's also the 2nd highest scoring team and he is 4-8!!!!!!! lmfao.  Poor guy.  I'd be going mental.  For the other 8-4 teams; I have 300 more points, and 300 more points against.  

And if you read some of my most recent posts; I've been the highest or second highest scoring team in the league for the past 5 weeks, I'm 3-2 during that time frame and the 2 teams that beat me, were the worst teams in the league having their best weeks on the year and one of them, was the highest point output on the year, I own the 2nd which I earned that very same week.  lmfao

There is some luck involved for sure.

I won last week by 7, which moved me into a 3 way tie for 2nd.   I have 250 more points than anyone else in the league, and 350 more points then the team in 1st (my son).

The league is finally starting to normalize, but I was out of the playoffs just a few weeks ago.  That being said, this week I have one of the teams I am tied with, a loss and I'm in a tie for 4th (the last playoff spot).

28 minutes ago, chirorob said:

There is some luck involved for sure.

I won last week by 7, which moved me into a 3 way tie for 2nd.   I have 250 more points than anyone else in the league, and 350 more points then the team in 1st (my son).

The league is finally starting to normalize, but I was out of the playoffs just a few weeks ago.  That being said, this week I have one of the teams I am tied with, a loss and I'm in a tie for 4th (the last playoff spot).

I always joke it's like 80% luck and we're just using the other 20% to hedge that 80 down to 60🤪

- Signed a year round obsessive dynasty guy

6 hours ago, PS17 said:

Help!

@Jetsfan80@Dcat

Hill... Go for it all. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, PS17 said:

Help!

@Jetsfan80@Dcat

I have retired.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

I always joke it's like 80% luck and we're just using the other 20% to hedge that 80 down to 60🤪

- Signed a year round obsessive dynasty guy

It’s poker. You maximize your odds with skill but it’s still at least 50% luck.

13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

@Dcat@Paradis @Barry McCockinner @JiF @RoadFan @Lurker89  @PS17 @#27TheDominator @chirorob @Jetsfan80 @Lurker89 @RobR @jgb

or whoever else is hanging around before kickoff:

Which TE to start today?
Higbee vs Browns
Logan Thomas vs Dolphins
Everett @ NE

Logan Thomas IMO. I like the gamescript, think WAS will be down and throwing a ton. Picking a TE is truly a dart throw though.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Dcat said:

@Dcat@Paradis @Barry McCockinner @JiF @RoadFan @Lurker89  @PS17 @#27TheDominator @chirorob @Jetsfan80 @Lurker89 @RobR @jgb

or whoever else is hanging around before kickoff:

Which TE to start today?
Higbee vs Browns
Logan Thomas vs Dolphins
Everett @ NE

edit: leaning towards the Wash/Mia game b/c the biggest shootout possibility. 

Thomas sorry just seeing this 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JagsFanJif said:

Battling the first place team for a bye week 1 of the playoffs, need a flex and can’t decide.  I’ve got Higgins vs Indy in now but I could go Jerome Ford vs. Jax, J.Meyers vs. Minn, Kincaid vs KC, Noah Brown vs Jets. 

@Jetsfan80 @PS17 @Dcat @Barry McCockinner

I am hesitating to start Ford against Jax myself. I keep swapping CEH and him in/out of my lineup. Don't like WR's vs. Jets D. I'd go Meyers or Kincaid here. 

17 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I am hesitating to start Ford against Jax myself. I keep swapping CEH and him in/out of my lineup. Don't like WR's vs. Jets D. I'd go Meyers or Kincaid here. 

I was thinking Meyers.  Scared of Ford.  I’ve been playing Kincaid but Knox is back, I’m sure he’s still the favorite of the 2 but just not sure I trust it on his first game back. 

1 minute ago, JagsFanJif said:

I was thinking Meyers.  Scared of Ford.  I’ve been playing Kincaid but Knox is back, I’m sure he’s still the favorite of the 2 but just not sure I trust it on his first game back. 

I didn't know Meyers had been out -what was the injury? That is a big hit to Kincaid w/Knox back. I missed that too. 

14 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I didn't know Meyers had been out -what was the injury? That is a big hit to Kincaid w/Knox back. I missed that too. 

Meyers hasnt been out...he's good to go and healthy.  It's Higgins or him...just worried about the lack of targets w/ Higgins.  Browning balled out, barely threw him the ball.  Meyers was involved heavily the Raiders game plan.