Football outsiders calculates theres only a 32.8% chance the Jets go 0-16.

Jetsbb

On 12/2/2020 at 4:43 PM, Jetsbb said:

According to 538 https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-nfl-predictions/games/

Raiders 25%

Seahawks 10%

Rams 12%

Browns 21%

Patriots 17%

On 12/2/2020 at 4:53 PM, Jetsbb said:

In contrast the Jaguars odds of winning a game according to 538 https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-nfl-predictions/games/

Vikings 17%

Titans 17%

Ravens 13%

Bears 32%

Colts 15%

Thanks for posting these.

I keep hearing fear that the Pats will lay down in week-17 to cock block us from getting Trevor. 

But seeing these forecasts side by side reminds me that the Jags play their version of the Patriots in week-17, their divisional foe — the Colts.  

I can easily see a scenario where the Pats sneak into the playoffs by beating us, and the Colts lose to the Jaguars because they’re resting their starters, or maybe to prevent TL from going to their division. 

• Upvote 2

Thanks for posting these.
I keep hearing fear that the Pats will lay down in week-17 to cock block us from getting Trevor. 
But seeing these forecasts side by side reminds me that the Jags play their version of the Patriots in week-17, their divisional foe — the Colts.  
I can easily see a scenario where the Pats sneak into the playoffs by beating us, and the Colts lose to the Jaguars because they’re resting their starters. 

I really want the Jags to win another game so we can beat the Patriots week 17 and keep them out of the playoffs

Sent from my SM-J701M using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

They will most likely be eliminated from the playoffs by week 17, IMO

I'm hoping they aren't eliminated officially until other games go final that day. 

The Colts having a playoff seed locked up by that week could be in our favor though, sitting starters vs JAX

• Upvote 1

On 12/2/2020 at 10:30 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

I don't understand their math equation on this one (and Math was my 3rd favorite subject in school outside of gym/P.E and writing).

If we're 0-11 @ .000%; how the freak do they determine and calculate the odds that we have a 32.8% chance of going 1-4 from here on out? 

Because 0-11 @ .000% completely says otherwise...

Bump. 

What do these guys have our percentages @ now?

Because we're now 0-12 and still @ .000%...

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Bump. 

What do these guys have our percentages @ now?

Because we're now 0-12 and still @ .000%...

You shouldn't be crowing after practically beating the Raiders. It turns out they underestimated our shot to win a game if you think about it because we had a 98% chance with 13 seconds left.