Spencer Rattler or DJ Uiagalelei in 2023?

sec101row23

5 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Going to be an interesting debate as we will most likely still be looking for a QB.    Both kids can spin it, DJ is a grown man already.   

Dj is going to put up monster numbers for clemson.  He's got an absolute rocket for an arm and is a massive man already.  If he can learn to process information better and his ball placement gets even close to how elite Lawrences is, he'll be talked about in a similar light in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Going to be an interesting debate as we will most likely still be looking for a QB.    Both kids can spin it, DJ is a grown man already.   

What do you think about the ball that DJ spins? I've watched both of his games and even though he has a big arm he spins a terrible ball that is wobbling all over the place and has problems throwing a spiral. That trait doesn't bode well for accuracy at the next level and I'm not sure you can fix it.

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

What do you think about the ball that DJ spins? I've watched both of his games and even though he has a big arm he spins a terrible ball that is wobbling all over the place and has problems throwing a spiral. That trait doesn't bode well for accuracy at the next level and I'm not sure you can fix it.

That usually says something about hand size. 

7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

That usually says something about hand size. 

He's a big dude so I don't think it's hand size. Like most prospects I knew nothing about him until I watched him play and he throws a crappy ball. Reminds me a bit of Winston who I had concerns about when he came out regarding the ball he throws......who is now currently a third stringer and has thrown more int's than any other QB in the league when he was a starter. I see the same similarities.....big cannon of an arm and throws wobbler after wobbler.

5 hours ago, RobR said:

He’s started two games, I’d hold off on proclaiming can’t fix problems yet.  

10 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Dj is going to put up monster numbers for clemson.  He's got an absolute rocket for an arm and is a massive man already.  If he can learn to process information better and his ball placement gets even close to how elite Lawrences is, he'll be talked about in a similar light in my opinion. 

DJ’s biggest issue IMO, is going to be his attitude and ego.   He needs to go out and start winning games before he starts with all the self appointed nicknames and gold chains.  He’s rubbed some people the wrong way since he’s arrived on campus, especially when you compare him to how Deshaun and Trevor were when they arrived.   He can play, no doubt, I hope he has the work ethic and humility that the QBs who preceded him had.  

7 hours ago, RobR said:

I noticed this too in the first ND game

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

DJ’s biggest issue IMO, is going to be his attitude and ego.   He needs to go out and start winning games before he starts with all the self appointed nicknames and gold chains.  He’s rubbed some people the wrong way since he’s arrived on campus, especially when you compare him to how Deshaun and Trevor were when they arrived.   He can play, no doubt, I hope he has the work ethic and humility that the QBs who preceded him had.  

Yea thats something that will definitely hurt him going forward.  Attitude at the QB position is a big factor come draft time. 

On 12/22/2020 at 4:57 AM, sec101row23 said:

So you're Ok that he can't throw a spiral? 

On 12/22/2020 at 6:57 AM, sec101row23 said:

DJ shows up on season 2 in the QB1 show (same season that Justin Fields shows up in). DJ was Re'Al Mitchell's back up at Bosco. 

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

DJ shows up on season 2 in the QB1 show (same season that Justin Fields shows up in). DJ was Re'Al Mitchell's back up at Bosco. 

I haven’t watched that yet.   Beaux Collins his former WR at Bosco is coming to Clemson this spring.  That program is a monster in SoCal.  

• Upvote 1

On 12/30/2020 at 8:33 AM, maury77 said:

Just finished watching that season of QB1, thanks for the heads up, it was pretty interesting.  Funny how both Fields and Mitchell transferred from their original schools.  Fields wanting to stay close to home ultimately clouded his decision, he should have never have committed to Georgia with both Fromm and Eason there.  

• Sympathy 1