New York Rangers 2021

BROOKLYN JET

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Even with all the BS surronding the team right now, I woke up proud to be a Rangers fan this morning. The boys in that locker room answered the call last night. Now there's work to do this offseason.

thanks to Messier's leadership. He needs to be HC or President moving forward.

2 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

I bet Sather got in his ear, but Drury did a good job in Hartford, their coaching looked better than ours. Hopefully Dolan is right and Drury leads the Rangers to another Stanley Cup.

I just hope they don't get fleeced trading for some tough guys. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I bet Sather got in his ear, but Drury did a good job in Hartford, their coaching looked better than ours. Hopefully Dolan is right and Drury leads the Rangers to another Stanley Cup.

I just hope they don't get fleeced trading for some tough guys. 

Shades of McIlrath all over again 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Me too + Knicks. Could ‘22 be our next ‘69 ?

Mentioned this on the main board kinda got killed for it. 

I don’t know for sure because the Mets didn’t win it all, but let’s assume they did for this exercise 

Take the sport out of it l, just talking about fan experience 

I think, and this is just me, it was more fun being a rangers fan during the torts years going to the playoff every year, 3 conference finals, one Stanley cup loss and a Presidents trophy, then it would’ve been being a met fan going to the playoffs basically one year winning it all and being mediocre at best all the other years with no real posts season. 

Again I don’t know for sure because the Mets didn’t win it all, JMO

2 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Mentioned this on the main board kinda got killed for it. 

I don’t know for sure because the Mets didn’t win it all, but let’s assume they did for this exercise 

Take the sport out of it l, just talking about fan experience 

I think, and this is just me, it was more fun being a rangers fan during the torts years going to the playoff every year, 3 conference finals, one Stanley cup loss and a Presidents trophy, then it would’ve been being a met fan going to the playoffs basically one year winning it all and being mediocre at best all the other years with no real posts season. 

Again I don’t know for sure because the Mets didn’t win it all, JMO

Alain Vigneault was the coach in 2014. If Torts did not chase away Gaborik or the Rangers would have fired Torts before he did, they may have won it all.

Dan Girardi has been a development coach with the Sabres and was moved up to the bench this year. I hope the Rangers consider bringing him back in some capacity. He went went from undrafted player to great Ranger, he may have more up his sleeve and deserves a look in my opinion.

See the source image

• Upvote 1

At this point we have some veterans and a bunch of young players with NHL experience and high ceilings.  We are also pretty competitive "as is"  and so this is normally the point at which you bring in a coach with experience who can take the teams to the next level.

Torts has a history of wearing out his welcome in places and here was one of those places.  He also has a history of getting his teams into the playoffs and then massively underperforming once he gets there.  Hard pass on Torts from my own POV.

I would be looking for an Alain Vigneault type except that his record this year with the Flyers is not a good one. 

We do need someone who has been there done that.  I cannot think of any names off the top of my head but I do think that Quinn should be done here.  The Rangers should be an extremely attractive "get" for whoever the new coach would be because of the age of the team he would be getting.

• Upvote 1

Interest in the coaching gig at the Rangers will be high but we need to settle on the GM first even if the interim guy gets the job.

From my point of view there were too many nights where the Rangers team did not show up ready to play in the first period and that problem falls squarely on the coaching staff.  Plus TBH the overall development of the kids was not as fast as I thought it should have been.  Quinn had a doghouse and young players could be in there for a long time.

• Upvote 1