New York Rangers 2021

BROOKLYN JET

11 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Unable to watch (goddam kids). We’re the rangers really good or the devils really bad or a combo of both?

A bit of both.  The Devils slept through the entire game. Not really any fight in them at all.  The Rangers started fast, had a dominant first period and the rest was on autopilot.  Just 16 shots against and it wasn't even that good for the Devils.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Bruins take care of the Islanders again

Icelanders taking a knee to keep the Rangers out. @Lith you better talk to your peeps

We can't even help ourselves right now, how do you expect us to help you. 

Begrudgingly, I have to admit that the Rags have built themselves a really nice young team.  Some incredible luck through the draft lottery, but still, a really good young team woth a ton of skill.  They will be dangerous if they find their way into the playoffs.

• Upvote 2

The "wise men" at NHL.com finally catching up to what Adam Fox has been doing this year.  Better late than never,  His play every night is nothing short of astonishing.

The team is playing well and oddly enough, when they actually pay attention they can be pretty stingy at the back.  They still need to fight their own run-and-gun nature and for this reason I think they are not ready for a playoff run even if they get there.  I do think we can make a few teams nervous over the last few weeks however.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lith said:

We can't even help ourselves right now, how do you expect us to help you. 

Begrudgingly, I have to admit that the Rags have built themselves a really nice young team.  Some incredible luck through the draft lottery, but still, a really good young team woth a ton of skill.  They will be dangerous if they find their way into the playoffs.

I would agree with you on the lottery luck and I hope it pans out down the road but the Rangers team you are seeing right now is not really getting all that much from either Lafreniere or Kakko this year.  Maybe in the last two to three weeks the "kids line" has shown a little spark but other than that they have both been  pretty much invisible all year.

The recent Rangers surge is more about the emergence of Fox, Lindgren, Buchnevich, Miller, and Shesterkin as far as the kids go.  Both of our top guns (Mika and Bread man) are also firing at the same time and we are getting timely, even surprising contributions from players like Strome, Blackwell, Trouba and a even Kreider (although he is glacially cold at the moment). 

The team is decently dangerous right now although "not built for the playoffs" as the Islanders are.  The future is another matter and if even a couple of the kids turn out to be the real deal then the boys in blue could be off to the races.  Just maybe not yet.

<edited to add>

Your Image Primitives - Lunch Pail

guys need to get their cups now.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Expect Georgie to play tomorrow.

I agree.  There is another back to back later in the week and we need to give Igor a break. Tomorrow looks like the right timing.

Except for Georgie's absurdly good record against the Islanders (Tuesday).

Quinn will figure it out.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I agree.  There is another back to back later in the week and we need to give Igor a break. Tomorrow looks like the right timing.

Except for Georgie's absurdly good record against the Islanders (Tuesday).

Quinn will figure it out.

I almost feel like you have to give Georgiev starts against the icelanders haha. He almost always locks them down for some reason. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, EM31 said:

I am happy the shutout streak is over. It ran the risk of becoming too big of a story. No reason not to be on lock down the rest of the way however.

"The Rangers are edging up on Boston, boy, am I ever glad THAT'S over!" I kid, I kid, I know what you mean here, still inadvertently funny. 

14 minutes ago, jetophile said:

"The Rangers are edging up on Boston, boy, am I ever glad THAT'S over!" I kid, I kid, I know what you mean here, still inadvertently funny. 

Boston have woken back up of late it is true Jetophile but sooner or later the teams above us are going to have to play each other or play us so while I hope for favorable results in other game those just aint happening right now for us. 

It looks like we will need to do the work ourselves.

Ever see those National Geographic shows where the lion is trying to cut out the weakest potential target?  This feels a little like that.  I thought it was going to be the Pens for a while and then it was Boston but now maybe it is the Islanders. Not many games left and no real margin for error.

• Upvote 2

Going into this four game stretch I mentioned that I was thinking six out of a possible eight points.  Obviously with six already in the bank I am hoping for the full sweep now.  My concern is that at some point this Devils team is actually going to decide to punch back at someone.  Hopefully it is whoever comes after us and not this game.

• Upvote 1