Don't expect the Jets to draft a RB in the 1st or 2nd round

Jetsfan80

27 minutes ago, nyjbuddy said:

This is probably the lesson learned for Shanahan as to not putting all their eggs in one basket.  Last year they played 4 different RBs with significant playing time due to injury but also because they rode the hot hand for many of their games as well as exploited match ups based on skillset.  Wilson was their leading rusher but was seldom a starter.  Wilson was also their worst receiving back.  McKinnon was their pass catching back but wasn't used so often in the running game.  Mostert was a stud when he played but was limited due to injury.  The 49ers did face a lot of injuries last year but they also used their RBs to the best of their abilities and did not force players into roles they were not fit for.  

I could see the Jets implementing something similar for next year.  See what they have in Perine, Johnson and Adams as they all bring different skills to the table.  Add in a cheap veteran that is familiar with the system as a mentor (Coleman, McKinnon) and could start the season while the others get up to speed..  Jamaal Williams might be a little too expensive.   Then grab a mid/late round or UDFA similar to McHasty, Wilson or Mostert to try to find a gem.  

Not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying the system performs with JAGs. He did pay Jerick $30 million who was the 3rd stringer if I got my head right behind Assiata and Peterson(I think).I wouldn't be opposed to taking a high level guy cheap in the second to plug in given we got no clue what kind of QB play we're looking at next year

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

I think Javonte is better than both of them. He's the complete package and a do-all RB with very little weaknesses in his game

I love Javonte, as for the Jets they would have to take him at 34 because I doubt he makes it to their 3rd round selection.  Javonte probably has the best balance of the three and is as natural catching the ball as Najee.   He doesn’t have the production or the high profile moments, but I wouldn’t be surprised if has the best career of that group.  

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Well @Wonderboy, you offered your Adams take as though it was steeped in anything resembling prudence, so I wanted to match that energy.

All in the Paradis - reality show would be a smash hit. too many kids, too many women, too much drugs and too much football. A total trainwreck waiting to happen.

Since its my idea, I get to produce it. Skip the kids, more women and football and you could never have enough drugs.  And you sing this as your intro honoring me!

36 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I love Javonte, as for the Jets they would have to take him at 34 because I doubt he makes it to their 3rd round selection.  Javonte probably has the best balance of the three and is as natural catching the ball as Najee.   He doesn’t have the production or the high profile moments, but I wouldn’t be surprised if has the best career of that group.  

Yeah, it looks like we would have to take him with our 2nd round pick or possibly with a 2nd rounder we get if we trade down from 2.

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

Ok let me trying and explain this in the simplest of ways.

We have a wasteland roster.

The biggest benefit to Shanny/LaFleur's system is making average RBs more productive...

Why on earth would we invest crucial capital at the ONE AREA that we can squeak by in right now. That's an awful idea and piss poor management in any industry.

This underlies everything I write on this board.  You are what your record says you are.

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

Since it’s @Jetsfan80’s thread, he gets to direct 1st episode. Should be a doozy.

You guys think I’m fcking around but I’m not. Take a trip out here next time they play SEA. I’ll make sure you’ll need to get several tests done before you return to work or have sex with your wife again. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Absolutely.  All I ruled out with this thread was the Jets using a 1st or 2nd rounder at RB.  With the plethora of mid-round picks the Jets have this year (with more to come, potentially), a RB in the 3rd-5th seems probable.  

I don’t disagree, all that being said, if Najee Harris is there at 23 that has to be a tough one to turn down