Murder at Midnight Mafia Game Thread (Day 4) [Game Over; Town Wins!]

28 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Crazy busy this weekend, will try and catch up this afternoon. Buying a new house and having a kid at the same time not one of my better ideas.

Oh geez. My wife and I did the same. Remember to catch your breath and good luck! 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Crazy busy this weekend, will try and catch up this afternoon. Buying a new house and having a kid at the same time not one of my better ideas.

ugh not fun but pretty common because new kid oftens means = more space, whether that be an exrra bedroom or just in general.

My last kid was 3 months old when I moved. I also closed on the day of my grandfathers funeral (who was like my dad) so I had to miss the repass. A triple whammy. 

Good luck!

30 minutes ago, CTM said:

ugh not fun but pretty common because new kid oftens means = more space, whether that be an exrra bedroom or just in general.

My last kid was 3 months old when I moved. I also closed on the day of my grandfathers funeral (who was like my dad) so I had to miss the repass. A triple whammy. 

Good luck!

Good heavens, I already had three with one on the way when I bought my first home. Holy hell what a nightmare. Good luck @jvill 51

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh geez. My wife and I did the same. Remember to catch your breath and good luck! 

Yeah, brutal. Doctor’s appointment (everything good) straight into home inspection yesterday. Inspection uncovered some possibly concerning structural stuff, so now trying to get a good structural engineer in on short notice. Praying its nothing major and we don’t have to kill the deal, not trying to have to start from square one again in this market.

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Good luck!

yeah, that’s pretty much our situation, need the space. Wasn’t unexpected, but doesn’t make it less stressful. Sorry to hear about your grandfather, that is indeed a triple whammy.

43 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Good heavens, I already had three with one on the way when I bought my first home. Holy hell what a nightmare. Good luck @jvill 51

Thanks big fella.

38 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

same. then I almost burned the house down the first week we were in it because I didn't know how to use the pellet stove.

trying to have a house built right now - real estate market is insane.

It’s ridiculous, asking prices already inflated and everything in halfway decent shape is getting multiple offers above asking within days of being on the market. Really don’t want to have to dive back into that sh*tshow.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

On 3/13/2021 at 8:58 AM, Stark said:

UNVOTE

VOTE DRUMS

Vote me because I’m hiding. I’m the same post you say you’re going to look at ape and jvill.  Then vote Jvill later. 

You were building in an “out” and a giving yourself a chance to move to jvill

I could see where you think he was setting up to move to me, but not sure why he would have to move his vote to you before that to set that up. And he said he wasn’t voting you because you were hiding.

2 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I could see where you think he was setting up to move to me, but not sure why he would have to move his vote to you before that to set that up. And he said he wasn’t voting you because you were hiding.

@Stark I see this was addressed already, no need to answer again. Just gonna catch up first so I don’t fill the thread with already covered material.

17 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Yeah, brutal. Doctor’s appointment (everything good) straight into home inspection yesterday. Inspection uncovered some possibly concerning structural stuff, so now trying to get a good structural engineer in on short notice. Praying its nothing major and we don’t have to kill the deal, not trying to have to start from square one again in this market.

yeah, that’s pretty much our situation, need the space. Wasn’t unexpected, but doesn’t make it less stressful. Sorry to hear about your grandfather, that is indeed a triple whammy.

Thanks big fella.

It’s ridiculous, asking prices already inflated and everything in halfway decent shape is getting multiple offers above asking within days of being on the market. Really don’t want to have to dive back into that sh*tshow.

I’m up outside Boston. My house has appreciated about $250-300k since we got it 8 years ago. It’s great, but we sorta like can’t afford to move across town for the same reasons. I mean, if the inventory was there maybe - but the only stuff in the markets is $1.2m and higher OR tear downs.

Good luck, dude. Hopefully the structural stuff can get worked out.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m up outside Boston. My house has appreciated about $250-300k since we got it 8 years ago. It’s great, but we sorta like can’t afford to move across town for the same reasons. I mean, if the inventory was there maybe - but the only stuff in the markets is $1.2m and higher OR tear downs.

Perhaps its time for the Ape and his brood to move to a warmer climate!

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Imagine how bad it is if you dont yet own a home. 

On 3/13/2021 at 9:13 AM, Stark said:

Why vote someone for 1 hour amount midnight on a weekend just to move your vote. 

like seriously what’s the purpose there obviously was no one around posting except drums  

make a statement that you want me to move my vot and GS vote looked lazy. That’s fine. Then say your going to look at ape and jvill.  Why vote right there? You knew you were about to read over a part of the game that you probably had sus on 1 of them. After you read up then make a vote

See, I came away with the exact opposite takeaway from the bold. Why should he be directing who you vote for? It’s your vote.

On 3/13/2021 at 12:07 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

WTL stark, JiF, greenpeen or JETS in that order. Prefer to let greenpeen & Jets play out for a bit first.

Holding off on voting until we hear back from stark.

Maybe I missed it but why is JiF so high up on your list? Haven’t seen you really suss him too much before this.

7 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Maybe I missed it but why is JiF so high up on your list? Haven’t seen you really suss him too much before this.

I haven't explained. Mostly don't get the feeling he's scum hunting and his play just feels off. When he did push on 80 he never followed it up with a vote. To be fair, he did explain why. That quick pile onto the JC train after me felt kinda gross too and he's in the pool. 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Drums said:

I am still okay with Stark right now. At the very worst, he says he is a Miller, so it would be like lynching VT. One less person for the cop to worry about and we will get some info. Also, he is better as scum (shot Crusher, town watcher, as a 1x vig on night one in my game ffs but was also debating killing JETS for the lulz, in between two wins as scum). 

Don’t like this post. Fine with your case on Stark, but as others have pointed out everyone has claimed and every death is one less person for the cop to worry about and would provide some info. Also hate the “better as scum” argument, and bringing up his play as town from one game seems like adding on. Rather see you stick with the reasons why you think he might be scum than emphasize why he wont be a bad mislynch if he’s town.

51 minutes ago, CTM said:

43 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Without question. 

image.gif.df99f4d0b27e991fcd0bd7ebc2c1141f.gif

18 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Don’t like this post. Fine with your case on Stark, but as others have pointed out everyone has claimed and every death is one less person for the cop to worry about and would provide some info. Also hate the “better as scum” argument, and bringing up his play as town from one game seems like adding on. Rather see you stick with the reasons why you think he might be scum than emphasize why he wont be a bad mislynch if he’s town.

Posts like this are why I’m not voting you any longer, ftr.

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Without question. 

18 years here. Pretty ordinary home in older neighborhood. All three schools kids attended, swimming pool and watershed trail to parks were youth sports are typically played all within 20-45 minute walk. Damn thing worth 2.5x’s what I paid for it. Was looking to downsize as I mentioned before but may just do some work and stay because everything here is getting  50 to 100k over asking. Like Crazy.  Can do great on mine but not sure I can find one. Thought about selling renting till things calm down but Mrs Crusher started getting that nervous twitch thing she does when I say something  that scares the shit out of her. Oh well. 

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

I stand by what I said. I don’t mind anyone taking issue with it but still don’t care. Stark has yet to return and was only here to defend once again. That’s all he’s done besides picking at a noob and now voting me for what I said even though it was more than the hiding or where he revealed cases. 

• Upvote 1