Murder at Midnight Mafia Game Thread (Day 4) [Game Over; Town Wins!]

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Asked and answered.

Didn't love his miller claim initally, found it to be second most suspect to Starks , and saw the same thing as you in regards to his vote piggybacking.

here is where i am at, you pinged, nobody else really has. The game is lagging which is a diservice to all the effort the buck toothed vermin put into it.  I am too busy to invest too much time building lightweight cases at this point so where I'm at is I'd like some dead bodies to narrow down the pool and make the time investment worth while.

To me lynching the most inactive makes sense give the above.

At this point it feels like JETS is purposely not trying. Not sure if that’s scummy but I swear to Hendrix I will do what you’re doing to Ape to him for the next 10000 games if he is scum. That’s a bullsh*t way to play. 

Just now, Drums said:

At this point it feels like JETS is purposely not trying. Not sure if that’s scummy but I swear to Hendrix I will do what you’re doing to Ape to him for the next 10000 games if he is scum. That’s a bullsh*t way to play. 

Same goes for JC

3 minutes ago, Drums said:

Laying low as scum and losing little bit of interest for a newish player is nothing new it happens. 

Just now, Drums said:

Really not sure about Ape. I went back and read the most recent games he was scum. 80 and CTM both caught him in separate games for different tells. It was why I was asking 80 a little more about his view. 

And I did drive the stake into his heart in Minesweeper. That was awesome but I had extra info as the bomb detector so I was 100% sure he was scum 

Just now, The Crusher said:

Laying low as scum and losing little bit of interest for a newish player is nothing new it happens. 

He does it as town. He and kdels are like the same person with that style. I have given him the benefit of doubt this entire game because I always go after him so if I’m wrong I am going back to my old ways, hard. 

13 minutes ago, Drums said:

Really not sure about Ape. I went back and read the most recent games he was scum. 80 and CTM both caught him in separate games for different tells. It was why I was asking 80 a little more about his view. 

He buddied me a little earlier in the game, which has been a scum tell for him.  He hasn't done it since I called him out on it.  That's the one thing that keeps him from being a firm town read.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He buddied me a little earlier in the game, which has been a scum tell for him.  He hasn't done it since I called him out on it.  That's the one thing that keeps him from being a firm town read.

Yeah that’s actually the tell you caught him on in the game I read but I didn’t want to say it. You jumped on it in that other game (didn’t get lynched till later though) but this one no, so my thought was if Ape is scum maybe you are too but as of now I read you as town. 

1 minute ago, Drums said:

Yeah that’s actually the tell you caught him on in the game I read but I didn’t want to say it. You jumped on it in that other game (didn’t get lynched till later though) but this one no, so my thought was if Ape is scum maybe you are too but as of now I read you as town. 

All my current town read on Ape accomplishes is make me not want to vote him today.  Day 3/4 could be an entirely different story.  Some players you put firm town reads on, but others are not static and shift as the game goes deeper.  

Right now my only firm town read is CTM.  If he went out of his way to claim Miller right out of the gates as scum, tip of the hat.  He's not getting my vote this game unless there's some kind of investigative role out there confirming he's scum, or something of that nature.  

JETS is my # 1 and JiF is, shakily, my # 2 at the moment.  But everyone else is fair game to make the scum list.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All my current town read on Ape accomplishes is make me not want to vote him today.  Day 3/4 could be an entirely different story.  Some players you put firm town reads on, but others are not static and shift as the game goes deeper.  

Right now my only firm town read is CTM.  If he went out of his way to claim Miller right out of the gates as scum, tip of the hat.  He's not getting my vote this game unless there's some kind of investigative role out there confirming he's scum, or something of that nature.  

JETS is my # 1 and JiF is, shakily, my # 2 at the moment.  But everyone else is fair game to make the scum list.

On the fence with Jif. I have reasons he could be town that I’m keeping to myself for now but would I be surprised he is scum? No not at this point (which pretty much goes for everyone but CTM like you said). I’d like to worry about him tomorrow. 

43 minutes ago, Drums said:

I’m not not trying. I’m sorry if I don’t pour hours a day into this but I just can’t. Maybe I shouldn’t play then. 

4 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’m not not trying. I’m sorry if I don’t pour hours a day into this but I just can’t. Maybe I shouldn’t play then. 

That is ok as long as you’re not scum. If you are, I’ll just hate you forever (during mafia). No biggie. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

1 minute ago, Drums said:

That is ok as long as you’re not scum. If you are, I’ll just hate you forever (during mafia). No biggie. 

Drums made it very clear previous to this that he'd only be pissed at JETS playing like this as scum.  JETS responds by getting defensive.  

Maybe this is just confirmation bias talking, but to me that response is telling.

7 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Seems like almost all of the try is to defend yourself which doesn't really help us. Yesterday you told us you'd be doing some ISO's today to find the scum on the stark train. How's that going?

53 minutes ago, Drums said:

They weren’t tells. Just lucky guesses. Those guys are morons.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Seems like almost all of the try is to defend yourself which doesn't really help us. Yesterday you told us you'd be doing some ISO's today to find the scum on the stark train. How's that going?

I have caught countless scum on the “I’m going to go reread” and then they never do tell. Well done.

47 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

cool. let me give you some extra motivation

unvote

vote JETS