"The Boys" Mafia - Season 1 - Game Over.. TOWN WINS!

On 7/14/2021 at 12:42 PM, jvill 51 said:

VOTE COUNT

Nolder (6) - Beaver, Spoot, Crusher, 80, Drums, Nyn

80 (2) - Arsis, Nolder

JiF (1) -  Greenseed

Spoot (1) - Barry

Barry (1) - Stark

Not voting (3) - JiF, Ape, kdels

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

Nolderp/dice, 80 and beaver keeping it in the family. Clear bussing strategy early. But, kdels not really in on it?

On 7/14/2021 at 12:46 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

unvote 

vote nyn

both drums and nyn votes smell like opportunistic pile on votes to a weak train.

This is a narrative builder.

On 7/14/2021 at 1:23 PM, jvill 51 said:

VOTE COUNT

Nolder (4) - Beaver, Spoot, 80, Nyn

80 (4) - Arsis, Nolder, Crusher, Drums

JiF (1) -  Greenseed

Nyn (1) - Barry

Barry (1) - Stark

Drums (1) - Ape

Not voting (2) - JiF, kdels

Scum vs scum trains. Again, kdeks not in on the distancing?

On 7/14/2021 at 1:23 PM, Nolder said:

Ill focus on 80 more later.

This looks more promising.

Vote Drums

Pile off.

On 7/14/2021 at 6:57 PM, The Crusher said:

Right? It’s like he says his play hits meta but voting him anyways because of weakness? What the hell does that even mean?

unvote  vote kdels 

New train.

On 7/14/2021 at 8:47 PM, Nolder said:

Drums seems to have chilled out maybe he's just rusty idk. I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt for now.

Jif on the other hand is making me nervous with these absolute statements about who he won't vote.

Unvote

Vote Jif

Pile off.

On 7/14/2021 at 10:55 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

My reasoning was for why I was voting Nolder, not Drums.  You took it in a different direction but tried to make it seem like we were making the same point.  No bueno.  

unvote vote kdels 

Kdels train gaining.

On 7/15/2021 at 11:15 AM, Beaver said:

The Nolder train has left the building.  I so want to vote drums just to get a competing train,  He always plays scummy even when he has been town and I'm not feeling him as scum just yet.   So lets see where kdels falls.

Unvote

Vote Kdels

Hop on.

On 7/15/2021 at 4:42 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

unvote

vote beaver

Uh?

On 7/15/2021 at 6:55 PM, jvill 51 said:

VOTE COUNT

kdels (5) - Crusher, 80, Arsis, Spoot, Beaver

Beaver (3) - Stark, Ape, Barry

Nyn (1) - Greenseed

Drums (1) - kdels

Barry (1) - Nyn

JiF (1) - Nolder

Not voting (2) - JiF, Drums

***DEADLINE: Friday at 4:00 PM EST***

At this point I cannot re-read any more. Insomnia or not. Will pick up tomorrow.

On 7/15/2021 at 11:16 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

nudge

nudge

nudge

unvote

vote ape

Pinged at the time.

On 7/16/2021 at 12:30 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

I know you’re voting Ape now but what was your reasoning on Beaver?

Let’s pretend!

On 7/16/2021 at 12:31 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Really, that’s all it took?

Heh.

On 7/16/2021 at 11:33 AM, Nynaeve said:

unofficial VOTE COUNT

Beaver (2) - Stark, Ape

Nyn (1) - Greenseed

Drums (1) - kdels

Barry (1) - Nyn

Arsis (1) - JiF

Ape (1) - Barry

Not voting (2) - Drums, Nolder

On 7/16/2021 at 12:40 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

My afternoon could get hairy. Moving back to beaver for now due to approaching DL. Hope to be available for DL but can't be sure.

unvote

vote beaver

Noted.

On 7/16/2021 at 1:13 PM, jvill 51 said:

VOTE COUNT

Beaver (3) - Stark, Ape, Barry

Nyn (1) - Greenseed

Drums (1) - kdels

Barry (1) - Nyn

Arsis (1) - JiF

Not voting (2) - Drums, Nolder

***DEADLINE: Today at 4:00 PM EST***

On 7/16/2021 at 11:41 AM, kdels62 said:

How would you prefer I defend myself? I could lie and make a fake case against Drums.

Hard read.

On 7/16/2021 at 1:49 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Your vote is still on Drums on your weird, lazy case.  So if you really don't think he's scum a good starting point would be unvoting or moving your vote, perhaps?  Or if you DO think he's scum, make a real case?

Does 80 have this convo in thread with kdels if they’re both scum? All other know scum was voting each other on/off.

On 7/16/2021 at 1:54 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

You call a few questions and a vote on you aggression?

On 7/16/2021 at 2:07 PM, kdels62 said:

I don’t. I said I don’t. I just don’t have a place to put it now and it’s not like there’s movement on Drums. But you’re definitely not being aggressive… 

unvote

On 7/16/2021 at 2:29 PM, Nolder said:

I might have to lynch you for this tbh.

Noted. To Barry.

On 7/16/2021 at 2:59 PM, Nolder said:

There was zero reason to do this.

You have to die now, sorry not sorry.

Unvote Vote Kdels

The whole vanilla thing. Would This have happened if kdels and nolder were scum mates? To the point nolder quit?

I’d see nolder quitting to sell this as incredibly bad form, from a guy that is usually very punctuated when it comes to game integrity.

On 7/16/2021 at 3:01 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Claiming VT....now THAT is a way to cause aggression, specifically out of Nolder.  lol.

This is gross, when you consider kdeks and Nolderp might be scummates w 80

On 7/16/2021 at 3:04 PM, kdels62 said:

****… sorry scum team I let y’all down with my scum moves 

lol, this feels townish sarcasm to me

On 7/16/2021 at 3:07 PM, Nolder said:

No, I actually believe you. It's just the situation demands you be lynched. It's a "better safe than sorry" thing. We haven't talked about policy lynches much around here the past few years but they exist for a reason and policy lynching claimed VTs is just the best play. You shouldn't have claimed. Next time don't.

On 7/16/2021 at 3:08 PM, kdels62 said:

I’m down to die. Want me to?

On 7/16/2021 at 3:11 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Please don't self-hammer.  It's anti-town regardless of your alignment.  Force someone else to hammer you as it adds another piece of helpful information into the equation.

Those 3 posts are 2 scum talking to kdeks. Grossy.

On 7/16/2021 at 3:19 PM, kdels62 said:

I get his logic tho. It’s not illogical to kill off a claimed VT in the early game. That being said 

vote Spoot 

Kdels 40 min from deadline voting town, not distancing when all evidence from early play s that the 3 know scum were bus-heavy.

On 7/16/2021 at 3:22 PM, jvill 51 said:

VOTE COUNT

kdels (6) - Crusher, 80, Arsis, Beaver, Nolder

Beaver (5) - Stark, Barry, Spoot, JiF, Nyn

Nyn (1) - Greenseed

Stark (1) - Ape

Spoot (1) - kdels

Not voting (1) - Drums

***DEADLINE: Today at 4:00 PM EST***

On 7/16/2021 at 3:23 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Kdels' willingness to die there would be very skillful if scum.  Since he's here and Beaver isn't, let's do this.

unvote vote Beaver

This guy. ?

On 7/16/2021 at 3:44 PM, kdels62 said:

Unvote 

vote kdels

On 7/16/2021 at 3:47 PM, Drums said:

Okay, enough games

unvote vote Beaver

On 7/16/2021 at 3:46 PM, Nynaeve said:

There is absolutely no way that kdels does this as scum.

If you guys don't realize that than I give up.

Going to bed. Night.

Crusher and Nyn read this as town play.

I think after reading tonight, I agree mostly. Barry sticks out as scummy. Arsis/jc is like ??? 

Going to try sleep again.

On 7/16/2021 at 3:53 PM, jvill 51 said:

FINAL DAY 1 VOTE COUNT

Beaver (8) - Stark, Barry, Spoot, JiF, Nyn, 80, Drums, Crusher

kdels (5) - Arsis, Beaver, Nolder, kdels

Nyn (1) - Greenseed

Stark (1) - Ape

If kdeks is scum, then he, nolder, and beaver all voted him. If it’s jc/Arsis then same.

80 voted beaver.

This is puzzling.

5 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Vote Kdels

Good luck.

It’s a bad vote. But this game has been exhausting. In my view it’s down to Ape vs Barry, but I’m not interested in doing some defending. I’ve had a terrible game tho so it’s fitting.

On 7/16/2021 at 4:02 PM, kdels62 said:

I get it and I think you and Nolder are just towning around with different methodologies. However, since Beaver was absent and had no defense,  I’m wary of a mislynch to a PR which is why I was willing to die. 

I mean, this would have to masterclass level scum play.

On 7/18/2021 at 9:43 AM, The Crusher said:

Arguably not the best play here.  Unless of course you  rooting for the Beaver and the scum team. 

OMG this guy! 

Good look for 80. As long as we don’t convince ourselves we he’s not doing the super helpful townie thing. 

I think this was directed at Nokder 

Good look for the Old Beaver, bad look for @CTM and new  Beaver 

Good look for Bunny! 

Votes Beaver, solid look for JIF Especially  considering his propensity for the cock. 

Most of Crusher’s early reads in kdels align with my thinking. The tone sounded genuine and frankly, if he pulled this off as scum then kudos. Great acting.

Barry has been very quick to point out exactly where he should get town credit for things he’s done. He’s pinged most for me.

JC was very obtuse joining the game. Now, I believe he has given me the wink, nod as he is scum hunting - but sometimes he’s confusing. All that said, a setup like this with limited peeks and with scum hidden in a mason team seems unbalanced, so I’m inclined to game the mod and assume he didn’t mess this up.

On 7/16/2021 at 3:35 PM, Nolder said:

I gotta go but I'm not switching at this point anyway.

its a huge mistake to leave kdels alive hopefully y'all realize that.

ill be back in a bit.

This right here worries me. Knowing Nokder was scum. Is he running a play, or is this emo…

Him quitting the game should determine the final choices made, but it’s trending that way for me.

I also cannot imagine both Arsis and nolder quitting as scum mates, so I’d guess JC is town. Again, it sucks to have these decisions clouded by non-game variables.

27 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Unvote

@kdels62, who you like for scum then?  Ape or Barry?

I’m settling on Ape. I haven’t thought Barry was scum all game. Ape got the Stark lynch going and has played as sh*tty as I have while claiming not to be sh*tty. 

I’ve sucked this whole game so my confidence level is super low on this. 

37 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This right here worries me. Knowing Nokder was scum. Is he running a play, or is this emo…

Him quitting the game should determine the final choices made, but it’s trending that way for me.

I also cannot imagine both Arsis and nolder quitting as scum mates, so I’d guess JC is town. Again, it sucks to have these decisions clouded by non-game variables.

This is super lucid. I like it when things are lucid but it’s more commentary on the game and not actually pro town. Ape has been bringing up elaborate hypotheticals all game. 

Early game I’d like this and it’d convince me that Ape is good guy. 

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

This is super lucid. I like it when things are lucid but it’s more commentary on the game and not actually pro town. Ape has been bringing up elaborate hypotheticals all game. 

Early game I’d like this and it’d convince me that Ape is good guy. 

Prove the bold.

I always talk-out why someone might do something as town vs. as scum, but “elaborate hypotheticals”?

Its a wifom that we all should be astute enough to acknowledge.

20 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I’m settling on Ape. I haven’t thought Barry was scum all game. Ape got the Stark lynch going and has played as sh*tty as I have while claiming not to be sh*tty. 

I’ve sucked this whole game so my confidence level is super low on this. 

Where do you see Ape starting the Stark lynch?

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I've had him ranked over you for scum the entire game. Only reason I backed off is the way he and JiF smoked out the super scum role.

If you're scum, congrats. I don't see myself moving my vote.

Which is precisely why we’re alive still. Congrats.

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I've had him ranked over you for scum the entire game. Only reason I backed off is the way he and JiF smoked out the super scum role.

If you're scum, congrats. I don't see myself moving my vote.

I want to vote you and be right about my early read, but you’ve dug your heels in on me and didn’t really move your position all game - to your point - which to me, is more if a town mindset. Scum moves are drawn toward opportunity. 

Kdels put on a show D1, then hid until now. The fact nobody viewed him after the D1 events just as a contextualization if D1 is a huge miss.

On 7/23/2021 at 7:55 PM, Integrity28 said:

Shocking.

Stark…. Somehow comes to the table with the name that’s most likely to draw votes, based on game long sentiment.

On 7/23/2021 at 9:53 PM, Stark said:

my post from a day ago above... shocking you are 2nd on the list.. you didn't just magically appear this afternoon

are you even reading or just trying to lash out for reactions

On 7/23/2021 at 1:41 PM, Integrity28 said:

Here are the other things I think we all know/accept:

- JC is spoots mason partner, if not, then the real mason partner should counter because DUH! Town read.
- Green is making a mess. I cannot see him doing any of this with scum mates helping guide him. Town read.
- Nyn's disgust seems real. Not fake. Town read.
- Dice is a hard read for me. I don't see the logic of him doing what he did in the 80/Crusher moment, as scum. I completely disagree with JIF's take on it. Null / town lean.
- Barry is a hard read this game too. I think he's being a little dense, rather than scum. Null / town lean.
- Kdels hasn't really done much since D1. I never saw the reason for his D1 train, so ??? Null.

Frankly, Stark and JIF have the cleanest games. You all know how I generally feel about that. Scum knows how to avoid looking bad, town doesn't. 

On 7/23/2021 at 1:37 PM, Integrity28 said:

I like a Stark or JIF vote here.

Stark is providing an easy path to victory, with a HUGE logic void in it. Stark had that early beaver bus vote, but didn't actually push the lynch. He stayed quiet. Since then he has gone after easy targets, and has only ramped up town collaboration since I started pressuring him. He's working too hard to keep clean. He also came out of night phase with another easy target: dice. 

JIF has been too on-point. He's not that good. I swear to all things holy that 80 said "jif said he's his favorite role" early in the game to give jif cover. I know it. JIF usually does his own thinking, but here he's been quick to try to curry favor with me - in a back-to-back sequences trying to use me to swing the choice to lynching Crusher, then leading this day phase off with the Dice vote. This is a signature scum JIF thing that I don't expect you all to subscribe to or care about.

Plus you were one of the first on stark. 

Add in that you wondering aloud why JC was still alive.

I can vote you and feel okay with it. So let’s do it.

Vote Ape

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Plus you were one of the first on stark. 

Add in that you wondering aloud why JC was still alive.

I can vote you and feel okay with it. So let’s do it.

Vote Ape

Wondering aloud about JC in night phase.

Hi, I am the game, have we met?