For Those Deeply Unhappy After Week 1

Warfish

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Aren’t you the dude that said fans who were pessimistic last year didn’t deserve to be happy when (if) the Jets are good again?

That was 3 years ago when I bought in to the 2018 Rebuild.  When we got rid of a bunch of old expensive guys, accumulated draft capital, build a free agent warchest, and drafted Sam Darnold.  That was the "believe in Christopher Johnson and Adam Gase!" era.  Everyone should have felt committed to losing for awhile back then.

But we're now entering Year 5 of this rebuild and there is no hope in sight.  Quinnen Williams isn't a bowling ball with knives.  Mekhi Becton is like an egg back there.  Jamari Zuinga can't play, Denzel Mims is in some doghouse.  Our supposedly great GM has built is own hand-picked offensive line and it sucks worse than anything Gase or Bowles ever had from Maccagnan and Idzik, and he has a fetish for oft-injured players who are cheap, then suck, and then get injured.  We may finally have a franchise QB and he's going to be done for the season before Halloween.

We should be done with the rebuild and ascending right now.  Bumbling fools in the front office blew it.  Again.  So its perfectly fine to be pessimistic right now.  It's not 2018.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, kmnj said:

lol the panthers were in essentially prevent defense and went very conservative on offense-the game was never in jeopardy for them.  

Exactly,  I posted this a few times already.  Their fans have issues with their OC going conservative after they get the lead... so yes I agree totally and I think that made out D look better then it was... we'll see. 

BB is goin 0B, 0B, 0B, etc.,  until we stop it and if we do not - you may see another ghost game.  

35 minutes ago, SOJ said:

Exactly,  I posted this a few times already.  Their fans have issues with their OC going conservative after they get the lead... so yes I agree totally and I think that made out D look better then it was... we'll see. 

BB is goin 0B, 0B, 0B, etc.,  until we stop it and if we do not - you may see another ghost game.  

what about the offense? so the good things we seen from Wilson is tainted? the good catches from Mims and Davis would have never happen if they really wanted to play defense? so i guess Wilson sucks cause if they really want to clamp down on us Wilson would have 120yd and 3 INTs and no TDs.

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

That was 3 years ago when I bought in to the 2018 Rebuild.  When we got rid of a bunch of old expensive guys, accumulated draft capital, build a free agent warchest, and drafted Sam Darnold.  That was the "believe in Christopher Johnson and Adam Gase!" era.  Everyone should have felt committed to losing for awhile back then.

But we're now entering Year 5 of this rebuild and there is no hope in sight.  Quinnen Williams isn't a bowling ball with knives.  Mekhi Becton is like an egg back there.  Jamari Zuinga can't play, Denzel Mims is in some doghouse.  Our supposedly great GM has built is own hand-picked offensive line and it sucks worse than anything Gase or Bowles ever had from Maccagnan and Idzik, and he has a fetish for oft-injured players who are cheap, then suck, and then get injured.  We may finally have a franchise QB and he's going to be done for the season before Halloween.

We should be done with the rebuild and ascending right now.  Bumbling fools in the front office blew it.  Again.  So its perfectly fine to be pessimistic right now.  It's not 2018.

SAR I

So basically you get to decide when real fans can blast the team. Even when I agree with you I find you very disagreeable.

• Post of the Week 1