Pats-Falcons Thursday Night Football

Irish Jet

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mac Jones leading the Patriots on a six-game winning streak while leading the sport in passing efficiency is bad and Zach Wilson missing bonus time with an injury-like phenomenon is good because he gets to sit back and watch the great Joe Flacco this Sunday.

Hey you can't expect a rookie to avoid self-immolation against the NFL's 28th ranked defense. It just wouldn't be fair. Much better to let him ease back in next week against the Texan's 29th ranked defense.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Coach maybe, but their team as is, is going to probably go thorough a full year after this one before they realize they need a tear down rebuild.

Eh not sure.  They don't have many bad contracts and are in a pretty good cap situation going forward.  Hightower and McCourty are the two worst, but basically are on their last year and will likely both retire soon or get restructured.  Other than that, they have mostly young players locked up.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not a conspiracy guy at all, but if you told me that Fauci was working with China expressly to push Mac Jones down the board to the Pats, I would 100% believe you 

Former NFL scout rips BYU's Zach Wilson in scouting report: 'Surefire bust. He will get everybody fired'

However, overuses play-action fake — does it all the time and he does not hide the ball well. 

I watched every one of his throws and runs in 2020 and I am not seeing it or feeling it with this guy in terms of arm strength, touch, ball placement, or accuracy. Half of his throws look great and half of them look receiver “unfriendly,” or downright bad. Many passes were high or low and were either incomplete or he gave the receivers literally no chance to pick up additional yards.

Seemed to do best throwing to wide open receivers or against zone defenses. I counted a good number of throws when receivers literally had to stand there and wait on the ball to get to them.

Covers up for lack of arm strength, touch and accuracy in the intermediate level by primarily only working sidelines. Tends to stay out of working the middle of the field in that range, especially in tight man. I was not impressed with his downfield results whatsoever.

Clearly and undoubtedly lacks consistency. Gives off a quirky vibe and energy. 

Classic overhyped player. Manufactured quarterback. Surefire bust.

I would not select him if I was a GM. He would not even be on my draft board. It would be foolish to take him in the first round. He will get everybody fired. 

1. Accuracy and ball placement. Lacks consistent touch. Erratic. All over the road in these three areas throughout the 2020 season. This is as clear as day on the game film. 

Approximately half of the deep passes are “50-50” jump balls. At least that is how it seemed watching him throw. That story will not have a happy ending in the NFL. 

Level of competition. After two very domestic statistical seasons at BYU, he “broke out” in his junior season against a weak schedule, inferior level of competition who played a lot of zone. It seemed like the schedule was made to purposely make him artificially shine.

1. At BYU he ranks 9th all-time on an extremely average list of their schools’ top 10 list in yardage. Outside of Steve Young (who was a star in the NFL), he ranks behind an extremely mediocre group of names; Ty Detmer, Max Hall, John Beck, Robbie Bosco, John Walsh, and Kevin Fiterik. That is an awful sign. I remember watching Detmer, who was a career NFL back-up. Detmer was dramatically better in my mind. That is alarming. 
  2. Lack of instincts for the position of quarterback. He looks like a “manufactured QB,” In other words, he looks like a good athlete who was trained and well-coached to be a quarterback. He does not at all look like someone who was born to be a quarterback.
  3. A number of times his receivers literally had to stand there and wait for football to arrive on shorter intermediate routes. Those will be pick-sixes in the NFL. 
  4. Can take off and run but only averaged 3.0 yards per carry in his college career. Nobody will ever mistake Wilson with Randall Cunningham or Michael Vick. He is not a quarterback who will beat any teams in the NFL with his feet. Not remotely elusive.
  5. How NFL defenses will beat him: Play tight man coverage, bracket coverages, and force him to funnel throws to the middle of the field. Send heavy array of blitzes off the defense’s left side and take away his ability to roll out to his right, which he loves to do. Hit him hard early and often, bully him, talk a lot of trash and get under his skin. Dare him to respond. 
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Former NFL scout rips BYU's Zach Wilson in scouting report: 'Surefire bust. He will get everybody fired'

However, overuses play-action fake — does it all the time and he does not hide the ball well. 

I watched every one of his throws and runs in 2020 and I am not seeing it or feeling it with this guy in terms of arm strength, touch, ball placement, or accuracy. Half of his throws look great and half of them look receiver “unfriendly,” or downright bad. Many passes were high or low and were either incomplete or he gave the receivers literally no chance to pick up additional yards.

Seemed to do best throwing to wide open receivers or against zone defenses. I counted a good number of throws when receivers literally had to stand there and wait on the ball to get to them.

Covers up for lack of arm strength, touch and accuracy in the intermediate level by primarily only working sidelines. Tends to stay out of working the middle of the field in that range, especially in tight man. I was not impressed with his downfield results whatsoever.

I would not select him if I was a GM. He would not even be on my draft board. It would be foolish to take him in the first round. He will get everybody fired. 

1. Accuracy and ball placement. Lacks consistent touch. Erratic. All over the road in these three areas throughout the 2020 season. This is as clear as day on the game film. 

Approximately half of the deep passes are “50-50” jump balls. At least that is how it seemed watching him throw. That story will not have a happy ending in the NFL. 

Level of competition. After two very domestic statistical seasons at BYU, he “broke out” in his junior season against a weak schedule, inferior level of competition who played a lot of zone. It seemed like the schedule was made to purposely make him artificially shine.

1. At BYU he ranks 9th all-time on an extremely average list of their schools’ top 10 list in yardage. Outside of Steve Young (who was a star in the NFL), he ranks behind an extremely mediocre group of names; Ty Detmer, Max Hall, John Beck, Robbie Bosco, John Walsh, and Kevin Fiterik. That is an awful sign. I remember watching Detmer, who was a career NFL back-up. Detmer was dramatically better in my mind. That is alarming. 
  2. Lack of instincts for the position of quarterback. He looks like a “manufactured QB,” In other words, he looks like a good athlete who was trained and well-coached to be a quarterback. He does not at all look like someone who was born to be a quarterback.
  3. A number of times his receivers literally had to stand there and wait for football to arrive on shorter intermediate routes. Those will be pick-sixes in the NFL. 
  4. Can take off and run but only averaged 3.0 yards per carry in his college career. Nobody will ever mistake Wilson with Randall Cunningham or Michael Vick. He is not a quarterback who will beat any teams in the NFL with his feet. Not remotely elusive.
  5. How NFL defenses will beat him: Play tight man coverage, bracket coverages, and force him to funnel throws to the middle of the field. Send heavy array of blitzes off the defense’s left side and take away his ability to roll out to his right, which he loves to do. Hit him hard early and often, bully him, talk a lot of trash and get under his skin. Dare him to respond. 

Shocked that you found and are posting this. 

Shocked. Shocked I tell you. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hael said:

Feel bad for Matt Ryan.  He's chronically underrated, playing on an absolutely horrendous team.  Feels like thats mostly been his career outside one or two years there.

They’ve made the mistake of trying to build around Ryan forever and he’s just not good enough to build your team around

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

It's all about 2026!

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gannett-cdn.com%2Fpresto%2F2021%2F10%2F15%2FPLAL%2F4e90fdd7-a1ae-4402-84e4-c0a117df8d17-ArchManning022.JPG&sp=1637290869T09daab5d447aaa89df8daedc55b2b2fb2bf43014796398c9ebd445a6ab1c4924

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

You’re more interesting when the trolling is more subtle 

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Who the hell is this scout? lol

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

They are pieces of garbage. Do you identify with them? Are they posters here? Am I violating the TOS or just hurting your feelings?

Uh huh. Let's not forget I ranked Mac Jones ahead of Zach Wilson before they were drafted. But hey, don't let me get in the way of whatever point you think you are making.

Just now, Uncle Nicco said:

How do you know he was referring to you? sh*t knows what sh*t smells like I guess. 

Lol. I would never personally attack another poster. It’s against the TOS. 

Buck and Aikman are pieces of garbage. Garbage meaning something else. Can’t repeat why because…you know…politics.