Pats-Falcons Thursday Night Football

Irish Jet

7 hours ago, Hex said:

So Mac Jones has been leading the league in Pick-sixes for like the whole season

and yet he's still playing better than the rest of the rookie QBs

I know this stat is intended to sound damning, but it is misleading.

First, Mac has a whopping 2 pick-sixes, tied with 4 other QBs in the league (Carr, Burrow, Stafford, and Ryan).

Second, one of the pick-sixes was entirely the fault of Jonnu Smith and a slapstick hot-potato routine.  The single worst play I've seen by a receiver all season and one of the worst plays by any player, full stop.  The other pick-6 was followed immediately by a 75-yard TD pass to Kendrick Bourne.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Haha. Yeah. Sacks are all that matters.

This is exactly the kind of bullsh*t that’s going to end with him getting a contract that fleeces us for years.

listen, i agree quinnen stinks.  that being said, he does have more tackles and sacks than barmore.  and if you listen to all the nerds, his analytical stats are better too.  not sure why barmore gets so much hype - then again quinnen did - and still does - get hype too.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Haha. Yeah. Sacks are all that matters.

This is exactly the kind of bullsh*t that’s going to end with him getting a contract that fleeces us for years.

Did you hear his name after the first couple of plays? Typical Jets fan hyping other teams players and trashing their own 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32176833/2021-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings%3fplatform=amp

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

My brother—who loves Brady— was in the hospital with a broken leg and I was there watching the game with him. Soon, I was leaning over the hospital bed screaming “28-3 BITCH. TAKE THAT BISH. HAVE THE NURSES GIVE YOU MORE DILAUDID BECAUSE YOU AND TOMMY BOY ARE TAKING IT IN THE ASS TONIGHT.” And he (all hopped up on painkillers) goes to me “ehhhhhhh <wheeze> they’ll <wheeze> come baaaack.” And I said “HAHA STAY HIGH F*CKFACE” and then I slapped his cast and left to go celebrate at the bar. We still talk about this at family get-togethers. 

Did you get lucky that night at the bar?

What was his name?

Pats going for 5 in a row. 
Watching Christian Barmore is infuriating. He’s the player Quinned was supposed to be. Dominant.
To Qs credit hes been working on dominating every snap ... he said so in his 15 minute interview week 1.

Problem is ... he's dominating air.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Amazing how the Pats free agents actually play hard and fast.  

I want Woody to realize that HE is in over his head.  Losing Brady and much of their great players …Pats are back and competitive while we are like a turd swirling down the toilet.

Hope he enjoyed his time in England while his know dick brother ran us into the ground.  

It’s becoming clear that players look at us as a team they are NOT willing to put their career in jeopardy.  From Wilk to Leo…. Why play hard for Woody????

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, southparkcpa said:

I want Woody to realize that HE is in over his head.  Losing Brady and much of their great players …Pats are back and competitive while we are like a turd swirling down the toilet.

Hope he enjoyed his time in England while his know dick brother ran us into the ground.  

It’s becoming clear that players look at us as a team they are NOT willing to put their career in jeopardy.  From Will to Leo…. Why play hard for Woody????

As an aside.  While there is nothing special about the Pats uniform, they do look bigger and faster than their opponents.  Maybe we should take a page from that as a starter.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Did you hear his name after the first couple of plays? Typical Jets fan hyping other teams players and trashing their own 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32176833/2021-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings%3fplatform=amp

LOL

According to these stats we have 3 elite defensive tackles. Is that really what you see every week?

32nd against the run - Teams are literally targeting Quinnen and running right by him. Fatukasi is the only one who isn't a total liability.

Barmore just absolutely wreaks havoc - Maybe watch him play rather than looking for stats. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

It’s becoming clear that players look at us as a team they are NOT willing to put their career in jeopardy.  From Wilk to Leo…. Why play hard for Woody????

I agree with you, but what the hell can we do as fans?

32 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

LOL

According to these stats we have 3 elite defensive tackles. Is that really what you see every week?

32nd against the run - Teams are literally Quinnen and running right by him. Fatukasi is the only one who isn't a total liability.

Barmore just absolutely wreaks havoc - Maybe watch him play rather than looking for stats. 

that's what i mean.  analytics nerds are ruining sports - these stats literally mean nothing.

3 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I'm playing the Pats defense in fantasy this week, it was like a fckn cash register at the end of the game there. Josh Rosem and Felipe fckn Franks are going to lose me my game.

Haha I have them.

I got them off waivers before the Jets game and they're literally keeping me alive. 

28 points is a ridiculous return but unless Kyler plays this week I'm probably still f*cked. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

LOL

32nd against the run - Teams are literally targeting Quinnen and running right by him. Fatukasi is the only one who isn't a total liability.

How many barmore snaps have you studied?  You realize that the Jets are down to third string safeties and UDFA at corner right? The pats have the best secondary in the NFL 

11 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

How many barmore snaps have you studied?  You realize that the Jets are down to third string safeties and UDFA at corner right? The pats have the best secondary in the NFL 

Meme Lol GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

Any secondary with Jalen Mills is not the best.  This team has some 2019 qualities.  It might be a paper tiger. 

By 4PM on the day after Christmas, we will know how good the secondary, Mac and the rest of the team are.   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

The gap between the Pats and the Jets couldn’t be any wider. Brady or no Brady…the franchises are night and day apart. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If you guys thought Thursday night was fun, Justin Fields is playing against the Ravens on Sunday with no Lamar Jackson, who is out with a strange, unnamed illness that’s just simply beguiling the Ravens’ doctors. Is Fields goes ham against the Ravens, @JiFapono will be insufferable.

rubbing hands GIF