NY Jets' Corey Davis signing named one of the NFL's worst moves of 2021

Bronx

On 1/28/2022 at 3:15 PM, slimjasi said:

Eh, I think you are being a little defensive. He had a disappointing year, overall. Part of that was only playing in 9 games (after having played in at least 14 games in every other season of his career - sounds like a typical Jet). He had too many drops and several crucial drops. 

I definitely don't think it was "one of the worst signings" but I also don't think Corey Davis himself would even tell you that he was happy with how he played, overall. 

I personally don't see anything wrong with quoting his drop rate over the course of 9 games - which is over half of an NFL season. 

Agreed.  Definitely wasn't one of the worst signings, which was why I objected.

Monson also noted that Davis posted the highest drop rate of his career (15.6 percent), and his stats across the board disappointed as well.
Yeah, these people are idiots for signing him, agreed.
Well this guy's brain was behind our best QB saving the planet.

35db7cb61fcad66f49e09cd8e69bb008.jpg

.... Richard Todd, Ken OBrien, Chad Pennington, Mark Sanchez, Genope, Sam Darnold ...

It is what it is, with C Davis now. He will hopefully provide serviceable WR3/4 support in 2022. Over paid yes, but decent depth. 

we need to get Mike Williams, or a version of, in FA…. MW, EM, and Berrios/Davis will provide opportunities for Wilson & Lafleur to be successful. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/28/2022 at 8:46 AM, AFJF said:

Treating a season in which he played a career low in games as if he played the same number as he usually does.  Yes.  Very moronic.  Almost as if they were hoping to find a big market player to target in hopes of picking up some clicks.

Guess it worked.

This literally has nothing to do with drop rate. When Davis was in the game he was terrible. He single handedly accounted for 3 interceptions by having the ball go through his hands into the defenders. On some bad throws he never "turned into the defender" when needed. vs the Bills when we were driving to at least get a field goal to make the game 10-6 or 10-10 with a TD he fumbled the ball turning the entire momentum of the game in the Bills favor next time we had the ball it was 24-3. Davis is a middle of the road #2 WR and as @JiFapono said a good # 3 option. He was never going to even come close to a #1 WR which is what we need and maybe some expected if Davis took the next step from his last season in Tennessee. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

This literally has nothing to do with drop rate. When Davis was in the game he was terrible. He single handedly accounted for 3 interceptions by having the ball go through his hands into the defenders. On some bad throws he never "turned into the defender" when needed. vs the Bills when we were driving to at least get a field goal to make the game 10-6 or 10-10 with a TD he fumbled the ball turning the entire momentum of the game in the Bills favor next time we had the ball it was 24-3. Davis is a middle of the road #2 WR and as @JiFapono said a good # 3 option. He was never going to even come close to a #1 WR which is what we need and maybe some expected if Davis took the next step from his last season in Tennessee. 

You and I have different definitions of terrible.