"Blame Salad for Zach"

50 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Maybe we should hire JT next. Hopefully the mole from the west coast will stop with his negative narrative in every post.  

What's the matter ? Does the truth hurt ? JT has produced videos about other teams and quarterbacks that were far more harsh than what we saw with the Jets and Zach. The video about Chicago and Justin Fields was especially critical of Chicago's Offensive Line play. While none of his videos reach any conclusions about the Quarterbacks evaluated.

Some of us strive for than Blind Homerism in our interest in the team we follow. The fact of the matter is how a young Quarterback is handled by a team goes a long ways in shaping the finished product that Quarterback becomes.. As I stated earlier NY Giant ownership has admitted they have mishandled Daniel Jones. We will soon see if the resulting damage is permanent. From what I have read about Trey Lance the off season program surrounding his development is close to nonexistent. Zach has made statements that lead us to conclude he is taking an very active role in his own development. Which is a promising sign. Justin Fields is in a situation just as bad if not worse than Zach Wilson. Mac Jones is, without a doubt, in the best environment for a QB to develop. It will be interesting to watch the entire QB Draft Class of 2021 develop much like the1983 Quarterback Draft Class. It will teach us about, not only the Quarterbacks themselves, but the teams and the way they handle them.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

It's not even the offseason yet, and I'm already tired of Wilson-talk honestly.  No one is changing their opinion on Wilson based on a video or a forum post.  

F the off-season, F the OTA’s, F training camp, F green and White game, F the Snoopy bowl, and F scrimmages and F any video by anyone who thinks they can prove anything about Zach before he plays next year in the regular season. We learned that in SPADES last season. It’s all used car salesman level attention seeking nonsense. Warfish and Crushlove’s 2022 season theme song ..

tumblr_ogctuatBKu1sxm49so1_400.gifv

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

F the off-season, F the OTA’s, F training camp, F green and White game, F the Snoopy bowl, and F scrimmages and F any video by anyone who thinks they can prove anything about Zach before he plays next year in the regular season. We learned that in SPADES last season. It’s all used car salesman level attention seeking nonsense. Warfish and Crushlove’s 2022 season theme song ..

Perfectly said, lol.  Almost all (very early) offseason talk is just that, used car salesmanship and marketing hype trying to justify previously stated opinions on what just happened.

I'm ok and interested is next year's camp talk, preseason 2022 talk, ect., but today, now, no one is changing minds on a video of 2021 play.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

What's the matter ? Does the truth hurt ? 

Some of us strive for than Blind Homerism in our interest in the team we follow. As I stated earlier...

Spiro Agnew speaking to the California Republican state convention on September 11, 1970:

“In the United States today, we have more than our share of the nattering nabobs of negativism. They have formed their own 4-H Club — the ‘hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history.'”

William Safire actually wrote it.  Agnew wasn't smart enough to come up with this on his own.  Still relevant on a Jets board in 2022.

It’s a case of confirmation bias…
On week 3 his only positive trait was a strong arm you said.  
He’s got lots of + traits : arm strength, quick release, keeps eyes downfield, elusive, extends plays, ability to create off schedule, fast enough to punish a team, deep ball accuracy, film study, interception amnesia, etc…  That’s a long list and it’s not complete.   That’s why he was the consensus 2nd pick and the 9ers would have taken him gladly at 3rd.
Not processing quickly early in a rookie season doesn’t mean he’s not intelligent.
Your in your own corner repeating the same talking points but it’s not grounded in reality.  It’s silly to give up on a guy after 3 games.   

Now it’s 3 games? You keep giving me too much credit. I have up on him before he was a Jet. I was mortified when we drafted him. You got the number right this time though, 3, which will be the minimum number of years we waste on Zach. You realize I could apply your same list of traits to Geno Smith right?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

Now it’s 3 games? You keep giving me too much credit. I have up on him before he was a Jet. I was mortified when we drafted him. You got the number right this time though, 3, which will be the minimum number of years we waste on Zach. You realize I could apply your same list of traits to Geno Smith right?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 weeks is plenty early to call moving on from a QB lol.  

it’s not just the traits - they were coming together at the end of the season.  

14 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

All teams have injuries. Where responsibilities lies are with the O Line Coach and the Offensive Coordinator. There is no excuse for any player taking the field not knowing what his Blocking Assignments. Why should these guys get low round draft talent when they show they can't utilize what's given them ?

You're expecting a team to have good 3rd string OL? You're starting to sound like BornJetsFan1983 talking about Berrios

We're a rebuilding team. Injuries to the team were so bad that we had to start practice squad players. McDermott probably had no expectation of going onto the field. There's a reason he isn't a starter. When you switch up an OL, it's not going to work well. With injuries, it's the only thing that works at all. Don't criticize coaching for emergency players on a rebuilding team sucking. 

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

image.gif.30cbb0fbec62c44599dfb18aef08ecc1.gif

• Post of the Week 1