I Truly Enjoy how NO ONE (Media/Fans) has an EFFING CLUE of what JD IS Going to DO...

6 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I also think theres less ambiguity trying to decipher what teams at the top of the draft will do rather than in the middle to end of rd 1.  

How many players are worthy of the 4th pick in the draft?  Only some realistic options.  Since JD has been the GM we've picked 11, 2, 4/10 now.  Not exactly hard in those spots to narrow the selections down.  Youd argue 11 was the hardest but JD came in preaching OL and it was viewed as a very strong OT class, kind of just made too much sense. 

Definitely less ambiguity early, but we did know those years.

I think this year if they want Ekwonu they could have pretty easily kept that quiet. Positive things about Becton, both publicly and leaked to media, stuff about wanting to hang on to Fant, etc. I think the perceived tackle need going public is more of a "leak" than in prior years - if it is in fact the case.

Same as the Jets not wanting Thibodeaux, if they don't want Thibodeaux. It's not completely out there that they wouldn't want him, but things were ambiguous until earlier this week.

Not saying any of those recent rumors are necessarily true, but if they turn out to be it would've been good to keep those quiet.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, derp said:

Definitely less ambiguity early, but we did know those years.

I think this year if they want Ekwonu they could have pretty easily kept that quiet. Positive things about Becton, both publicly and leaked to media, stuff about wanting to hang on to Fant, etc. I think the perceived tackle need going public is more of a "leak" than in prior years - if it is in fact the case.

Same as the Jets not wanting Thibodeaux, if they don't want Thibodeaux. It's not completely out there that they wouldn't want him, but things were ambiguous until earlier this week.

Not saying any of those recent rumors are necessarily true, but if they turn out to be it would've been good to keep those quiet.

Yea I dont really know, I think its just kind of easy to peg the jets for OL all the time because Joe and Saleh have just repeatedly said they want the trenches.  The Becton stuff im not sure how much is true and how much is made up.  Most of the stuff I hear is there were certainly issues with his weight during recovery, I think the front office was frustrated with that because it limited his ability to recover in a timely manner. But today all youre hearing is Ekwonu and trading becton, thats the big time leak out there, Id be very surprised it happens.  So i think with all of these leaks they're based off some truth, but mostly just people in the media taking liberties with the information and extrapolating it out to fit a personal narrative that is better for sales. 

5 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I don't know how anyone could currently come to that conclusion.

Wilson looked terrible. 

The jury is out on Wilson for sure.  Much improved player in the final months of the season than in September and October.  But you're right, nothing is truly concluded.   Regarding the rest of the guys taken early (AVT, Elijah Moore, Michael Carter, MCII, etc.) I'd say that all of them have, at a minimum, shown they're not busts.  Two of them look like longterm starters (AVT, Moore), RB Carter looks like a solid A/B committee guy, and MCII could be a starting slot CB.  To me... that's "Good (so far)" as I stated in my post.

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The jury is out on Wilson for sure.  Much improved player in the final months of the season than in September and October.  But you're right, nothing is truly concluded.   Regarding the rest of the guys taken early (AVT, Elijah Moore, Michael Carter, MCII, etc.) I'd say that all of them have, at a minimum, shown they're not busts.  Two of them look like longterm starters (AVT, Moore), RB Carter looks like a solid A/B committee guy, and MCII could be a starting slot CB.  To me... that's "Good (so far)" as I stated in my post.

AVT cost a lot and has a ways to go to justify giving up two 3rd rounders. To give up that much to take a guard at 14 they need to be elite. Not just decent but among the very best in the league. 

The draft was always going to get good early impressions because of the capital we had. Will be the same this year for a bit.

Moore and Carter are the best finds, we were insanely lucky the latter fell where he did and it was probably the most obvious pick anyone made in the draft but as good as he is he's still a running back. The draft will live and die by Wilson. If he misses it sets the franchise back 2-3 years.