I Truly Enjoy how NO ONE (Media/Fans) has an EFFING CLUE of what JD IS Going to DO...

2 hours ago, jetsons said:

After ALL the Garbage with previous GM's... I Think it's Great... Just love how Everyone is throwing $hit on a wall to see what sticks then later on if something does, they'll crow about it like they knew all along... LOL... The NFL Draft ... the male soap opera. 

Isn’t  it great how we start threads about things nobody knows about?

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Don't the string theory folks say that there are actually at least 26 dimensions?   If that's the case, the Jets have been mired in #14 for decades.  Might actually explain why we can't comprehend this mess.  It's too above our cognition.  We might actually be a successful franchise there.

The New York Jets are a dominant organization in all 25+ other dimensions, even having ascended to NWO status in one, and this is the one that they have to suck in for there to be some cosmic sense of justice.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, derp said:

I’d argue that media consensus is pretty clearly Ekwonu > Gardner at 4 and if that happens then it’s another year they didn’t keep things quiet.

or it might mean that JD is so predictable.

those are 2 guys who are projected to be the BAP at that spot. and thats bad for JD. any idiot can follow a chart an pick the BAP thats left when you pick.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I Truly Enjoy how NO ONE (Media/Fans) has an EFFING CLUE of what JD IS Going to DO...

Correction: What Woody is going to do.  (Since he's going to be "very involved").

don't fall for the tony pauline clickbait. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, jetsons said:

After ALL the Garbage with previous GM's... I Think it's Great... Just love how Everyone is throwing $hit on a wall to see what sticks then later on if something does, they'll crow about it like they knew all along... LOL... The NFL Draft ... the male soap opera. 

Has more to do with the fact we 1.) just took our QB and 2.) it’s a weak draft class.

24 minutes ago, doitny said:

or it might mean that JD is so predictable.

those are 2 guys who are projected to be the BAP at that spot. and thats bad for JD. any idiot can follow a chart an pick the BAP thats left when you pick.

It’s also a deviation from prior consensus, Thib recently coming off the table seems like recent intel.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, jetsons said:

It is nice to have a good gm that is for sure

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

This is the first year our draft hasn't been telegraphed but a lot of that has to do with the merkiness at the top of the draft. I feel Edge is the only lock inside the top 10, WR is a real wild card between 10, the 2nds, and Deebo

Everyone knew in 2020 the first 2 picks would be OT and WR, in 2021 we knew it was Wilson for months and we heard rumors about how much we loved AVT, I don't think anyone saw the trade up coming though.

the top pick hasn't been settled yet. seems to me we always know who the first pick will be by now.  could be there's some contract issues or maybe there are two potential guys.

6 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, those people all seem to have amnesia as it relates to his trades and the 2021 draft. 

Trades = Good, 2020 Draft = Bad, 2021 Draft = Good (so far).

I think most people would agree with the above (although grades aren't final).  The challenge is that these things are weighted.  You can "win a trade" by unloading guys like Jamal or Darnold for more than people thought you'd get.  But you need to turn the compensation into something that wins on the field.  That's why this Draft is critical.  He has a 1st from Seattle, a 2nd from Carolina.  The Jets are now mostly out of the purge phase (getting rid of bad players, bad contracts).  They are in the talent acquisition phase.  And again, it's weighted.  JD can bust on Mims if Becton becomes a franchise LT.  He can bust on Sherwood, Nasirildeen, James Morgan, L'Michael Perine, etc. IF he nailed it with Zach, etc.

It's been 2 years so we can pretty accurately grade the 2020 Draft.  At the end of this year we should be able to pretty accurately grade the 2021 Draft, etc.

7 hours ago, jetsons said:

Bad part is each and every guess by a media clown turns into a new thread

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

I don't know how anyone could currently come to that conclusion.

Wilson looked terrible. 

Wilson looked like he didn’t belong in the league early in the season. I prefer to think it was because he simply wasn’t ready to start on a team that was absolutely not ready for a rookie that raw.

He honestly kept LaFleur from getting the offense to gel and see it work. After his injury the offense was able to work simply because the other three QBs had experience, but obvious limitations to get better. 

All Zach has is the potential to get better and all he showed was the ability to Learn once shown by the other QB’s how the offense could work. He improved by the end of the season but honestly the offense  itself wasn’t the squad the other QB’s had when they got their chance, it was decimated. 

I think we will know by game 6 what we have with Zach. But early returns are not great. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

I don't know how anyone could currently come to that conclusion.

Wilson looked terrible. 

Because hes a QB and they need time to develop but showed he had talent later in the season and the rest of the draft looks very good?

• Sympathy 1

Wilson looked like he didn’t belong in the league early in the season. I prefer to think it was because he simply wasn’t ready to start on a team that was absolutely not ready for a rookie that raw.
He honestly kept LaFleur from getting the offense to gel and see it work. After his injury the offense was able to work simply because the other three QBs had experience, but obvious limitations to get better. 

All Zach has is the potential to get better and all he showed was the ability to Learn once shown by the other QB’s how the offense could work. He improved by the end of the season but honestly the offense  itself wasn’t the squad the other QB’s had when they got their chance, it was decimated. 

I think we well know by game 6 what we have with Zach. But early returns are not great. 
Easy cowboy .. wilson gets 17 games.

53 minutes ago, Dunnie said:
56 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think we well know by game 6 what we have with Zach. But early returns are not great. 

Easy cowboy .. wilson gets 17 games.

I wasn’t suggesting he only gets 6 games. I was simply saying that after 6 games  we will have a pretty good idea if he can at least play the position at this level.  It’s a result of him actually getting a chance to play with a complete roster that he didn’t have at the end of last season when he started to look like he knew what he was doing.  Not a knock on him. I said this before, the roster at the end of last season look like the last day of a weekend long rummage sale. The kid gave it his best and didn’t die the last game of the season . Honestly best we could have hoped for. Looking forward to seeing him start the season with a year under his belt and a complete roster. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Don't the string theory folks say that there are actually at least 26 dimensions?   If that's the case, the Jets have been mired in #14 for decades.  Might actually explain why we can't comprehend this mess.  It's too above our cognition.  We might actually be a successful franchise there.

The Richard Todd dimension = the cruelest of them all, as it traps the team inside it for what's going on half a century. 

Thanks for bringing it up. Dick.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Actually it's  not a weak draft, just a weak first round. From everything I read, the 2nd and 3rd round are about the strongest of any recent draft

It's not even a weak first round, it's a fairly level one with few standout players and no real superstars. The variance between the guy picked at #4 and the guy picked at #15 is not very great, if any at all. Thus the reason why it would be good to trade out of #4 or #10 if given the opportunity.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

It's not even a weak first round, it's a fairly level one with few standout players and no real superstars. The variance between the guy picked at #4 and the guy picked at #15 is not very great, if any at all. Thus the reason why it would be good to trade out of #4 or #10 if given the opportunity.

Don't  know about that 4 to 15 thing. It really depends on how the first 3 picks before us go and I think a lot of people are wrong about Hutch going to Jacksonville. I think they invest in their OL and Take Ekwonu to give Lawrence some protection. Hutch probably doesn’t  get past Detroit unless they are in love with a QB and take him right away. I think it's entirely  possible the top 3 goes Ekwonu, Hutch, and Neal leaving  Thib and Walker staring the Jets in the face. I do believe if those two are available, we don't  get the same talent level at 15.  That said, I don't  think either one of those 2 are top 10 in last years draft. 

18 hours ago, jetsons said:

And all of the Jets attempts to make Connor Hughes the next Manish Mehta are failing as well.

We can all agree the we don't know what the JD is picking in the draft and the media are always making predictions but its more of a guessing game. What I laughed the most was last year they had Mike Tannenbaum to predict what JD would do in the 2021 draft. It should of been what Tannenbaum would of done at the draft. Everything he said was about trading draft picks nothing more.

I like it that the GM isn't predictable at all, like the previous GM's. So far JD has assembled a team it took time to do it but now its up to the coaches.

52 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The Richard Todd dimension = the cruelest of them all, as it traps the team inside it for what's going on half a century. 

Thanks for bringing it up. Dick.

That dimension was cruel, but not as cruel as the Matt Robinson dimension. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Actually it's  not a weak draft, just a weak first round. From everything I read, the 2nd and 3rd round are about the strongest of any recent draft

yes.  I am farther from being an expert than many people here and even I can see how rich this 2nd and 3rd round are compared to recent years.  The 1st isn't bad in the bottom half at all, but many of those players are the equivalent (or really close) prospects of those in the top half of 2nd.  

This is the year that a trade back makes the most sense, but everyone knows that so the value of a tradeback will likely be less than previous years.

Just now, Biggs said:

Not knowing who's available at 4 and what other teams are thinking might actually mean that Joe D has a game plan but doesn't know what he's actually going to do.  If he knew exactly what he was going to do I'd be very worried.  

I used to listen to moving the chains a lot when I was on the road for my old job.  The GMs they would bring on described how they and their staff would road test multiple, perhaps dozens, of different permutations that were the most likely to occur before their pick on days 1 & even 2.  The objective is to have a plan for most/all of the more likely scenario.  They put a lot of time in for that in the week before the draft

17 hours ago, derp said:

I’d argue that media consensus is pretty clearly Ekwonu > Gardner at 4 and if that happens then it’s another year they didn’t keep things quiet.

I also think theres less ambiguity trying to decipher what teams at the top of the draft will do rather than in the middle to end of rd 1.  

How many players are worthy of the 4th pick in the draft?  Only some realistic options.  Since JD has been the GM we've picked 11, 2, 4/10 now.  Not exactly hard in those spots to narrow the selections down.  Youd argue 11 was the hardest but JD came in preaching OL and it was viewed as a very strong OT class, kind of just made too much sense.