Is it just me or

talisaynon

Do they have giants and jets games at the same time slot more often nowadays?

my wife and one neighbor is a giants fan and my other neighbor is a panthers fan so I feel obligated to watch that game on Sunday ticket instead of the jets today. So I’ll have to somehow look for alternative methods to watch the jets game. Very frustrating.

Anyways I feel like as far back as 5 years ago they started putting the same teams at the same time whereas before they’d make sure to have one on the 1:00 time slot and the other at 4:15. Am I crazy or has that not always been the case?

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Perfect.

have to go to a bday party at 1. 
half giants and jets fans.

Two tv’s solve the issue

I do remember as a kid that the Jets and Giants almost always played in different time slots.  Most Sundays, I watched both teams back to back.  Don't know if its because both teams are bad that the NFL/networks schedule them opposite each other, or if it is a reflection of how the NY fanbase seems to be much more divided today.  Growing up in the 70s, I never hated the Giants.  Jets were always my team, but I rooted for the Giants too.  As did most of my firends.  I emjoyed watching both teams back to back.  I think it was more of a we are from NY, we support NY teams thing.

Today, I don't hate the Giants, they are just another team, but I would have no interest in watching them every week.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

I do remember as a kid that the Jets and Giants almost always played in different time slots.  Most Sundays, I watched both teams back to back.  Don't know if its because both teams are bad that the NFL/networks schedule them opposite each other, or if it is a reflection of how the NY fanbase seems to be much more divided today.  Growing up in the 70s, I never hated the Giants.  Jets were always my team, but I rooted for the Giants too.  As did most of my firends.  I emjoyed watching both teams back to back.  I think it was more of a we are from NY, we support NY teams thing.

Today, I don't hate the Giants, they are just another team, but I would have no interest in watching them every week.

At some point few years back, NFL decided it didn't matter any more to keep Jets and Giants on at different times. Also allowed them to put a national game on network TV at 4PM in the NY market. And in a world with Sunday Ticket and and Red Zone, matter a lot less than it used to anyway. And the netoworks also know they're competing with those options. So showing a Jets/Browns at 4Pm when they could instead put on a better more interesting game to the general public played a role in this. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, talisaynon said:

Do they have giants and jets games at the same time slot more often nowadays?

my wife and one neighbor is a giants fan and my other neighbor is a panthers fan so I feel obligated to watch that game on Sunday ticket instead of the jets today. So I’ll have to somehow look for alternative methods to watch the jets game. Very frustrating.

Anyways I feel like as far back as 5 years ago they started putting the same teams at the same time whereas before they’d make sure to have one on the 1:00 time slot and the other at 4:15. Am I crazy or has that not always been the case?

i think it is cool they on same time - I got them both on on 2 monitors and just leave the sound on for Jets.