Over 20 Million to spend

RSJ

Where do we start?

I also heard we have 50 mil in cap room for next year as of right now.

I think now that this is done and Abe can not be held over the Jets head if he does not get traded the Jets will be players in free agency.

Who should they go after is the question?

Where do we start?

I also heard we have 50 mil in cap room for next year as of right now.

I think now that this is done and Abe can not be held over the Jets head if he does not get traded the Jets will be players in free agency.

Who should they go after is the question?

OT Jon Runyan

CB Andre Dyson

DT Sam Adams

Are there any guys that are really worthy of a ton of money left in free agency?

I think the Jets will continue to bring in smart players that are familiar with the system. They will start making the big free agenct splashes next year.

What about a guy like Arrington?

I thought about putting his name down but I don't see Mangini bringing him in because of his previous clubhouse antics. I love LaVar and would welcome here ASAP. He's still one of the best OLB's in the game...even if Grandpa Gibbs doesn't believe so.

FB Jeremi Johnson (true blocking FB = what we don't have)

ILB Sam Cowart (yep - if he's cheap enough with minimal SB on a 2yr deal)

HB Maurice Morris (see how much he wants anyway)

OT Jon Runyan (hard to say; he'll be 33 in Nov)

NT Grady Jackson (see if he still wants $5M/yr or if he's back on earth)

I want no part of Charles Woodson. He has been living on rep for over 5 years. He's a number 2 corner with the price-tag of a shutdown corner. I'd rather sign Dyson.

I'd love Woodson, but I agree it would have to be with a lower contract. I don't know for sure what he's asking for though. He's been franchised for 3 years straight I believe, that's a solid amount of cash.

As well as Charles Woodson. Another name worth mentioning.

Oh hell no.

I love Woodson but I say bring Law back and give him double the $$$ before you bring in Woodson. He gets hurt more then Pennington.

BUST

we'll see buddy. The fact that you think he's a bust means i probably like him even more. That bold type is fear of Cutler in the division. Let's be real it's not like you care about improving the Jets, so why should anyone believe you?

we'll see buddy. The fact that you think he's a bust means i probably like him even more. That bold type is fear of Cutler in the division. Let's be real it's not like you care about improving the Jets, so why should anyone believe you?

Another DFat at #4.

How did the last Jets blunder work out bit?;)

I want no part of Charles Woodson. He has been living on rep for over 5 years. He's a number 2 corner with the price-tag of a shutdown corner. I'd rather sign Dyson.

Law played pretty well last year. Why not bring him back now that the cap is under control?

The pickings are slim WE ARE WHAT WE ARE. We are a weaker team without Abe today.The defense has suffered a major loss.I dont care who thinks the 29th pick was deal for Abe it wasnt.

In March 2003 we would've been a weaker team without Chad.

Year before that, we would've been a weaker team without Chrebet.

If we dumped Mo & Marvin right after 2002 everyone would've said we'd be weaker.

And if we didn't kill our cap with Martin's outrageous 2nd contract we'd have been weaker too, right?

In March 2003 we would've been a weaker team without Chad.

Year before that, we would've been a weaker team without Chrebet.

If we dumped Mo & Marvin right after 2002 everyone would've said we'd be weaker.

And if we didn't kill our cap with Martin's outrageous 2nd contract we'd have been weaker too, right?

Mo and Marvin were old and slow this is a ridiculous comparison to losing Abe.We are a weaker team as we speak no ifs ands or buts about it.

Mo and Marvin were old and slow this is a ridiculous comparison to losing Abe.We are a weaker team as we speak no ifs ands or buts about it.

We are a weaker team..

If the FO doesn't find anyone to replace him.

And we have 8.3 million in cap space to help become a better team.

But we got a 1st round pick as well as the cap space to get rid of a trouble player who didn't want to be here and let everyone know the FO means business.

Replacing Abe should not be the priority, creating a better defensive unit should. Here's a reality check people: we were never that great defensively during Abe's entire tenure on the Jets. The D unit as a whole was average to atrocious over the years. This is the issue that needs to be solved, and if trading Abe for draft picks and freeing up cap space helps us accomplish that, then who really gives a damn about Abe.

Archived