Fantasy Addicts Degeneracy Corner!

Lurker89

Since I’ve put the idea out into the ether, wanted to gauge interest in this. Would love to start a JetNation Dynasty League this off-season after the NFL Draft. Would ideally want a 12 team Superflex .5 PPR format but open to suggestions. Let me know if you’d be down; dynasty experience preferred but not a dealbreaker. Tagging anyone I’ve seen kind of active in the fantasy section to start spitballing. 

@Jetsfan80 @Lurker @Paradis @Barry McCockinner

@32EBoozer @#27TheDominator 

@kdels62 @Jet_Engine1

@JiFields@fullblast

4 hours ago, PS17 said:

Since I’ve put the idea out into the ether, wanted to gauge interest in this. Would love to start a JetNation Dynasty League this off-season after the NFL Draft. Would ideally want a 12 team Superflex .5 PPR format but open to suggestions. Let me know if you’d be down; dynasty experience preferred but not a dealbreaker. Tagging anyone I’ve seen kind of active in the fantasy section to start spitballing. 

@kdels62 @Jet_Engine1

@JiFields@fullblast

never done a dynasty. could be fun

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, PS17 said:

@kdels62 @Jet_Engine1

@JiFields@fullblast

I’d be down.  Though I know @Lurker89 has a non-JN league he’s trying to get me in as well, lol.  I’m not doing both, fellas!

8 hours ago, PS17 said:

@kdels62 @Jet_Engine1

@JiFields@fullblast

In

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’d be down.  Though I know @Lurker89 has a non-JN league he’s trying to get me in as well, lol.  I’m not doing both, fellas!

And then the season started and there you were ... where you said you wouldn't be ... in 2 new dynasty leagues ... 

Zach Galifianakis Flirting GIF

?

If it makes more sense for you to be in this one no worries that's all good in my book. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, PS17 said:

@kdels62 @Jet_Engine1

@JiFields@fullblast

I think you are already aware.... but I'm in.

Count Me In Season 5 GIF by New Girl

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JiFields said:

never done a dynasty. could be fun

It’s a ton of fun. The closest you’ll get to being an NFL GM but on your couch. It requires more time and effort than redraft (and it’s ongoing for years) but that’s why I love it. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, PS17 said:

It’s a ton of fun. The closest you’ll get to being an NFL GM but on your couch. It requires more time and effort than redraft (and it’s ongoing for years) but that’s why I love it. 

The best/worst part is how obsessive I have become with scouting rookies and collecting future 1st round draft capital.

Last year 4 first rounders (Burks, GWill, Jamo, Dotson)

This year i have  2 firsts and am trying to squeeze a third out of someone.

Missed on late 1st round rookies the first few years and then became a part time scout to rectify the problem.

Drafting Sterling Shepherd, OJ Howard, Darell Henderson, Ronald Jones among others and trading a one for Leveon when he came to the Jets left my pipeline struggling. Trading away Amari Cooper and Keenan Allen for  multiple firsts got me back in good position.

12 hours ago, PS17 said:

@kdels62 @Jet_Engine1

@JiFields@fullblast

Appreciate the invite! Would definitely be in on this. 

I prefer .5 PPR 

• Upvote 1

@PS17

It may be worth starting another thread for the league specifically  but in the meantime some suggestions to take or leave from me would be:

Fleaflicker for platform

Leaguesafe for dues (if this is to be a paid league.)

If paid  a Low entry fee ~$15 as I'm sure most of us are in multiple leagues and dues add up.

Extra Flex or IDP in lieu of Kicker and Defense

Whatever ends up being decided ... I'm in.

On 1/6/2023 at 3:50 PM, Lurker89 said:

@PS17

It may be worth starting another thread for the league specifically  but in the meantime some suggestions to take or leave from me would be:

Fleaflicker for platform

Leaguesafe for dues (if this is to be a paid league.)

If paid  a Low entry fee ~$15 as I'm sure most of us are in multiple leagues and dues add up.

Extra Flex or IDP in lieu of Kicker and Defense

Whatever ends up being decided ... I'm in.

@PS17 this league still likely?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Alright figured I'd fill you gents in on my rebuild effort. I have seemed to stumble into contention.

This is a 12 Man 1 QB .5 PPR IDP Dynasty League Leage started in 2015 ... I Won the league in 2017 and tried to keep the window of contention open by trading for Le'veon on his way to the Jets (fail)

Learned some hard lessons about roster construction and learned how to scout rookies and draft.

Blew it up began the rebuild as follows below.

Heres my crazy rebuild effort ( I'll leave out minor moves im always picking up 3rds and 4ths to use as chips)

12 team 1 QB 12 .5 ppr IDP

2021: Drafted Kyle Pitts 1.05 
Drafted Nico Collins 3.05
Traded away Keenan Allen for  22 1.10
Traded away Amari Cooper for 22 1.09 and 1.12

Scooped Jordan Love off the waiver wire.

2022:

Drafted Burks 1.05
Drafted Garret Wilson 1.09
Drafted Jameson Williams 1.10
Drafted Jahan Dotson 1.12
Drafted Spiller 2.05
Drafted Alec Pierce 3.03
Drafted Trey Mcbride 3.04
Drafted Romeo Doubs 3.05

Early to Mid season 2022

Traded Josh Palmer, Spiller, and Trey Mcbride for Marquise Brown 

Traded Van Jefferson and Calvin Austin for Daniel Jones 

Traded DPJ, Alec Pierce, and Justyn Ross for 23 1.10

Traded 23 3.10 for Geno Smith

Traded Jahan Dotson, Kirk Cousins, 3.05, and 5.05 for Najee Harris and 4.05

Traded 4.05 and Kyren Williams  for Michael Gallup 

Traded 2.05 and Eno  for Alec Pierce, Spiller and 3.05 (dude really wanted 2.05)

Traded Claypool, Hurst and Doubs for 1.12 and Pierre Strong 

Traded Donald Parham and Budda Baker for Pat Freiermuth 

Traded Spiller for 3.06

Traded Josh Uche '23 1.10, 1.12, 3.05 and  a '24 2nd for D'Andre Swit, Jahan Dotson, Chig and Divine Deablo

This year:

Drafted JSN 1.05

Drafted Marvin Mims 3.06 (traded away Isaiah Spiller prior to draft)

Drafted Sean Tucker 3.08 (traded for pick prior to draft)

Drafted Dewayne Mcbride 4.04 (traded away Conklin prior to draft)

Drafted Chris Rodriguez 4.08 (traded away Corey Davis during draft)

Drafted Puka Nacua 4.09 (traded away 5.05 and Jake Ferguson during draft)

Drafted Brian Branch 5.06 (traded away Haskins prior to draft)

Just last week traded Jermaine Johnson, Damar Hamlin, and Christian Kirksey for Logan Wilson to add a top 5ish IDP LB to the squad.

Full roster to follow.

On 10/19/2022 at 11:39 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Ugh, hate negotiators like those.

Wait for Zach to have a really bad game and try again?  lol.  

On 10/20/2022 at 10:28 AM, Lurker89 said:

Lol I negotiate for a living and am happy to play the game but turning around with that s*** offer thinking your are going to fleece me without so much as word makes him either a d*** or functionally illiterate and I'm just as apt tell him to GFY and have a nice day. 

My offer wasn't  sexy but neither is Zach at this point.

Sure let me potentially trade Bijan and Henderson + for f*cking Zach Wilson.

Nah f*ck this guy right in his f*cking face.

*five minutes later I'm back at table with a smile on my face negotiating to get mine* 

So @Jetsfan80 I just love that 1.05 scored me JSN (which there is no way it should have but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth)

And this guy wanted my first plus Henderson (who was productive at the time) plus some other **** for ZW early in the season last year....a maybe that continued to bust.

This is the same idiot who traded away Najee and Walker for DHop and Kamara. ****ed up the team he took over as an orphan and then left the league after the season. Luckily we had a good active owner who likes to rebuild take over the team.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

So @Jetsfan80 I just love that 1.05 scored me JSN (which there is no way it should have but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth)

And this guy wanted my first plus Henderson plus some other **** for ZW early in the season last year....a maybe that continued to bust.

This is the same idiot who traded away Najee and Walker for DHop and Kamara. ****ed up the team he took over as an orphan and then left the league after the season. Luckily we had a good active owner who likes to rebuild take over the team.

Damon Wayans Justice GIF by Lethal Weapon

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Damon Wayans Justice GIF by Lethal Weapon

Agreed. .. let me know what you think of that over obsessive rebuild effort above.  (I listed 32 transactions... and thats no where near all of them 😬😂)

Start up results were favorable as well now I'm ready for some redraft.😜

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Just did a 12-team PPR mock where I ended up with:

• 1.4:  WR Cooper Kupp, LAR
  • 2.21:  WR Chris Olave, NO
  • 3.28:  RB Joe Mixon, CIN
  • 4.45:  WR Calvin Ridley, JAX
  • 5.52:  QB Justin Fields, CHI  @JiF
  • 6.69:  RB Cam Akers, LAR
  • 7.76:  WR Christian Kirk, JAX
  • 8.93:  RB Antonio Gibson, WSH
  • 9.100:  RB Khalil Herbert, CHI
  • 10.117:  WR Quentin Johnston, LAC
  • 11.124:  TE Gerald Everett, LAC  @Paradis
  • 12.141:  RB Jaylen Warren, PIT
  • 13.148:  WR Nico Collins, HOU
  • 14.165:  WR Rashod Bateman, BAL

Roster

• QB:  Justin Fields
  • RB:  Joe Mixon, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Khalil Herbert, Jaylen Warren
  • WR:  Cooper Kupp, Chris Olave, Calvin Ridley, Christian Kirk, Quentin Johnston, Nico Collins, Rashod Bateman
  • TE:  Gerald Everett
  • D/K:  Whatever

If this happened in real life....

Salivating Homer Simpson GIF

@Lurker89

• Upvote 1

On 7/27/2023 at 8:03 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Just did a 12-team PPR mock where I ended up with:

• 1.4:  WR Cooper Kupp, LAR
  • 2.21:  WR Chris Olave, NO
  • 3.28:  RB Joe Mixon, CIN
  • 4.45:  WR Calvin Ridley, JAX
  • 5.52:  QB Justin Fields, CHI  @JiF
  • 6.69:  RB Cam Akers, LAR
  • 7.76:  WR Christian Kirk, JAX
  • 8.93:  RB Antonio Gibson, WSH
  • 9.100:  RB Khalil Herbert, CHI
  • 10.117:  WR Quentin Johnston, LAC
  • 11.124:  TE Gerald Everett, LAC  @Paradis
  • 12.141:  RB Jaylen Warren, PIT
  • 13.148:  WR Nico Collins, HOU
  • 14.165:  WR Rashod Bateman, BAL

Roster

• QB:  Justin Fields
  • RB:  Joe Mixon, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Khalil Herbert, Jaylen Warren
  • WR:  Cooper Kupp, Chris Olave, Calvin Ridley, Christian Kirk, Quentin Johnston, Nico Collins, Rashod Bateman
  • TE:  Gerald Everett
  • D/K:  Whatever

If this happened in real life....

Salivating Homer Simpson GIF

@Lurker89

Yeah thats a sick 12 man squad.

The only thing I dont love is the double stack of Jax WRs... love them both at cost just don't love having both/ starting both. 

Cam Akers... hard to trust

Great depth st WR and RB though.

@Jetsfan80

10 man freinds and family league drafted a few weeks ago.... it has a lot of my dynasty degenerate friends in it so we draft early.

Screenshot_20230801-121859_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7d3ad6cebff948c6e030678a85adb7f9.jpg

Screenshot_20230801-121909_Chrome.thumb.jpg.64e11ccece9bfd5ce062e7e917d47891.jpg

Screenshot_20230801-121920_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5f58e9620a4033073d3783f2f06bd551.jpg

CMC, then JT followed by Sungod and 6 more sexy upside recievers... yes I went 7 WRs in a row then Watson Njoku stack. Wonderfully crazy strategy which required threading the needle. Felt good.

JT news needs to clear up though😂

10 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Yeah thats a sick 12 man squad.

The only thing I dont love is the double stack of Jax WRs... love them both at cost just don't love having both/ starting both. 

Cam Akers... hard to trust

Great depth st WR and RB though.

Fortunately ESPN/my league starts 2 WRs rather than 3 so in this instance I wouldn't have to start BOTH Jacksonville WRs, at least not immediately.

And yes Akers is probably most polarizing mid-round back in fantasy this year.  So many good arguments for why he should be a target or a fade....

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

@Jetsfan80

10 man freinds and family league drafted a few weeks ago.... it has a lot of my dynasty degenerate friends in it so we draft early.

Screenshot_20230801-121859_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7d3ad6cebff948c6e030678a85adb7f9.jpg

Screenshot_20230801-121909_Chrome.thumb.jpg.64e11ccece9bfd5ce062e7e917d47891.jpg

Screenshot_20230801-121920_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5f58e9620a4033073d3783f2f06bd551.jpg

CMC, then JT followed by Sungod and 6 more sexy upside recievers... yes I went 7 WRs in a row then Watson Njoku stack. Wonderfully crazy strategy which required threading the needle. Felt good.

JT news needs to clear up though😂

Don't like CMC (Injuries) or JT (overrated) but otherwise I can't disagree with a single other selection.  You're LOADED at WR.  Well played.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Don't like CMC (Injuries) or JT (overrated) but otherwise I can't disagree with a single other selection.  You're LOADED at WR.  Well played.

Counter ....CMC virtually injury free last year and JT 2 years removed from major injury at major discount as my RB2 at pick 18 overall is hard to eschew. JT overrated... sure i can get behind that considering people want to say hes the best RB in the keague which is a stretch but worse than player 18 in a friends and family draft I dont think so.

But yeah the WR picks and risk on not taking QB and TE until rounds 10 (TE) and 11(QB) was the fun part.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fortunately ESPN/my league starts 2 WRs rather than 3 so in this instance I wouldn't have to start BOTH Jacksonville WRs, at least not immediately.

And yes Akers is probably most polarizing mid-round back in fantasy this year.  So many good arguments for why he should be a target or a fade....

Now that makes a ton of sense... you will have TLaws top target virtually no matter what in that scenario (barring major catastrophe)

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Counter ....CMC virtually injury free last year and JT 2 years removed from major injury at major discount as my RB2 at pick 18 overall is hard to eschew. JT overrated... sure i can get behind that considering people want to say hes the best RB in the keague which is a stretch but worse than player 18 in a friends and family draft I dont think so.

But yeah the WR picks and risk on not taking QB and TE until rounds 10 (TE) and 11(QB) was the fun part.

I’m just not banking on a 2nd straight injury free year for CMC.  Seems destined be on the shelf for roughly 6 games.  But then again, even 11 games of CMC can potentially justify the pick.  

I have JT as a 3rd round value so no, pick 18 isn’t exactly a reach either like you say.  

• Upvote 1

What are your opinions on Rachaad White this year?  TBB OL sucks. 

I have an opportunity to grab him in a keeper league instead of James Cook on my roster.  4 keepers: Garrett Wilson, Waddle, Najee Harris are set.  For the 4th, I can either draft (4th round) , keep J Cook or trade for White (who woould then be my 4th round pick).  Not sure what it will cost.

My choices: Draft in Rd 4, Keep James cook in lieu of the 4th, or invest in trading pick for White (who would then be in lieu of the 4th.) Essentially, I'd be using my 4th and whatever the traded pick is to the other team to get White.    Probably would have to give him a rd 7, 8, 9 or thereabouts.

@Jetsfan80 @Lurker89 @PS17 @32EBoozer @Barry McCockinner and @anyone else who reads this thread.

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

What are your opinions on Rachaad White this year?  TBB OL sucks. 

I have an opportunity to grab him in a keeper league instead of James Cook on my roster.  4 keepers: Garrett Wilson, Waddle, Najee Harris are set.  For the 4th, I can either draft (4th round) , keep J Cook or trade for White (who woould then be my 4th round pick).  Not sure what it will cost.

My choices: Draft in Rd 4, Keep James cook in lieu of the 4th, or invest in trading pick for White (who would then be in lieu of the 4th.) Essentially, I'd be using my 4th and whatever the traded pick is to the other team to get White.    Probably would have to give him a rd 7, 8, 9 or thereabouts.

@Jetsfan80 @Lurker89 @PS17 @32EBoozer @Barry McCockinner and @anyone else who reads this thread.

I always choose skill over role wherever possible.  White has no competition for touches but he sucks… a lot….and also isn’t a pass catcher.  And that TB offense is just plain gross. 

Cook, meanwhile, has competition for touches + a running QB to contend with, but has some “league winner” type skills and upside, particularly if Damien Harris gets hurt.  He’s a 3-down back with a decent floor and a much higher ceiling than White.  

So whether we’re talking re-draft or keeper, I’d rather have Cook when factoring in cost.  

• Upvote 1