Jets closer to Eagles OT Runyan

kelly

Hey Smizzy, whats all this stroking talk going on here? Did I miss something?

i think some guys are concerned about people posting the same thread of all 4 major Jets Mb's to get attention..I don't really mind it...If you have soemthing to say...say it andf post it where you want..and there are even some guys who come here in the darkness of night and steal topics off our MB and post them on JI & Tgg.com...without ever posting in the thread they just lifted from us..

In this case....Some poster posted a rumor on JI....and it made it here as a "done deal" which is far from true.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think some guys are concerned about people posting the same thread of all 4 major Jets Mb's to get attention..I don't really mind it...If you have soemthing to say...say it andf post it where you want..and there are even some guys who come here in the darkness of night and steal topics off our MB and post them on JI & Tgg.com...without ever posting in the thread they just lifted from us..

In this case....Some poster posted a rumor on JI....and it made it here as a "done deal" which is far from true.

Well, as you know i'm banned from that other website for calling Sean Gates a fatty, greedy, cyberwhore, and i've never been to tgg.com....how is that place?

Well, as you know i'm banned from that other website for calling Sean Gates a fatty, greedy, cyberwhore, and i've never been to tgg.com....how is that place?

It's a not bad at all. Just like every other site....it has it's share of Gurus and know it all's....but it's much better than JI. At least you can read actual Jets news there...unlike JI where 24/25 threads are OT.

What are you old guys babbling about,lol. A message board is here to talk to other jets fans about stuff. During the offseason the same topics get discussed to death.

Nothing to go swallow a cup of draino over. Sure some guys like to have their ego stroked....but that doesn't make them bad people.

Smiz...the problem I have with some posters are that they are too full of themselves...I hate it when they constantly get in your face to make their point and more often than not, they are wrong.

Nothing wrong with posting, that's what these message boards are all about. Just don't beat a topic(s) like a dead horse just to have your "name in lights"...PM me if you like and I and or Senior will fill you in.

What are you old guys babbling about,lol. A message board is here to talk to other jets fans about stuff. During the offseason the same topics get discussed to death.

Nothing to go swallow a cup of draino over. Sure some guys like to have their ego stroked....but that doesn't make them bad people.

Smiz, Obviously we are trying to make a point. The things we talked

about are factual and if I went into detail with you your eyeballs would

spin.

I am a very active senior with a lot of responsibilities to take care of

during the day. I come on the board to unwind and read or talk about

the Jets. As you can see from my pix I am a big fan. What I don't

need is some nut case who needs his ego stroked. I'm sure there

are mental health message boards to handle that kind of situation.

During the course of the day you and the other guys diss each other

on subjects far removed from the Jets. I just sit back and say

boys will be boys. As long as they are having fun. LOL

So if us old guys get on a subject that bothers us, I would hope

you would respond in kind.

As far as topics Smiz, you do an excellent job of keeping us

up to day with KFFL and other media reports. Probably better than

the other boards.

I wonder if this means mario is the guy if he's there at #4. (Please don't trade up).

If Mario is gone, D'Brick has to be the one, unless there is an opportunity to trade down, like we did with the Bears a few years ago.

I wonder if this means mario is the guy if he's there at #4. (Please don't trade up).

If Mario is gone, D'Brick has to be the one, unless there is an opportunity to trade down, like we did with the Bears a few years ago.

TRADE DOWN FOR MORE PICKS AND TAKE VY OR CHARLIE WHITEHURST.THERE WILL BE ALOT OF O-LINE MEN TO PICK FROM IN THIS DRAFT

This former Army Ranger will show you a game of bingo that will make your eyes spin...:Nuts:

Take it easy on him. He comes from Denmark. A real super sports

country. Truth be known Bingo is their national sport..

And after your thru with him we'll tie him to one of my mustangs

and run him around the field a few times. He'll really have a Bingo.

Take it easy on him. He comes from Denmark. A real super sports

country. Truth be known Bingo is their national sport..

And after your thru with him we'll tie him to one of my mustangs

and run him around the field a few times. He'll really have a Bingo.

no need.

put YOUR teeth BACK in POPS.

p.s. nice picture of you & your " BETTER-HALF " . . . :beer:

LOL. I hope when the day comes I can remember where I put them.

Easy on the better half stuff, if my wife sees this she might think

you talking about her and she's Italian. She can beat the crap out of

both of us.

please . . . settle down " RAMBO " .

YOU DON'T HAVE TO PROVE TO ANYONE WHAT A J/O YOU ARE.

SERIOUSLY . . . :beer:

Rambo was a cartoon character...I hope your J/O doesn't stand for jackoff? And you're right, I don't have to prove anything to anyone...but, if you want to dish out ****, expect to get back what you're dishing out.

BY RICH CIMINI

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

650-runyon_eagles.JPGJon Runyan may change his shade of green and move up Jersey Turnpike to sign free-agent deal with Jets. The Jets were awaiting a decision last night from free-agent right tackle Jon Runyan, who appeared to be leaning toward the Jets over re-signing with the Eagles.

If the Jets land Runyan, widely regarded as the top offensive lineman still on the market, it would be their most expensive offseason addition - and it might shed some light on their draft plans.

With Runyan (6-7, 330) and Adrian Jones, who finished last season at left tackle, the Jets would seem less inclined to pick Virginia left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson with the fourth overall choice.

The other non-quarterback near the top of many draft boards is North Carolina State defensive end Mario Williams. The Jets already have signed a defensive end, former Steeler Kimo von Oelhoffen, and they still have a lot invested in Shaun Ellis.

By addressing both lines in free agency, the Jets might be thinking quarterback with the fourth pick. The Jets have arranged a private workout with Texas' Vince Young, who reportedly will audition for team officials on Monday. They probably will have private sessions with USC's Matt Leinart and Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler, the other top quarterback prospects.

With about $20 million in cap room, the Jets have made a lucrative offer to the 32-year-old Runyan. His agent, Ben Dogra, said he was engaged in discussions with the Jets and Eagles. As of late afternoon, Runyan hadn't made a decision, Dogra said.

"Coach (Eric) Mangini and his staff made an excellent impression on Jon," Dogra said in an E-mail. "Philly has been home for Jon for a long time, and that makes it a difficult decision for him."

Runyan didn't return a message on his cell phone. On Wednesday night, he said he wasn't expecting the Eagles to make a competitive offer. Runyan, an Eagle since 2000, might be on the downside of his career, but he's still considered a strong run blocker.

Jets | Runyan could decide Friday

Fri, 24 Mar 2006 05:19:15 -0800

Les Bowen, of the Philadelphia Daily News, reports free agent OT Jon Runyan (Eagles) could make his decision on where he will sign Friday, March 24. As noted earlier, Runyan has reportedly narrowed his choices to the Philadelphia Eagles and New York Jets.

We should know by the end of the day...

On the other hand, I got this off of Jets Confidential today.....

Runyan update

By Hoss Aultman

Date: Mar 24, 2006

The Jon Runyan negotiations continue.

A league source has told Scout.com Thursday evening that both the Philadelphia Eagles and New York Jets remain involved in negotiations for the UFA offensive tackle.

According to an multiple Eagle sources, the team believes very strongly that they'll be able to re-sign him. Runyan has told those close to him that he wants to end his career as an Eagle.

As Scout.com first reported back during the NFL Combine last month, Runyan would be willing to accept up to 25% less than another team would offer because he wants to finish his career with the Eagles and he doesn't want to move his family.

On the other hand, I got this off of Jets Confidential today.....

Runyan update

By Hoss Aultman

Date: Mar 24, 2006

The Jon Runyan negotiations continue.

A league source has told Scout.com Thursday evening that both the Philadelphia Eagles and New York Jets remain involved in negotiations for the UFA offensive tackle.

According to an multiple Eagle sources, the team believes very strongly that they'll be able to re-sign him. Runyan has told those close to him that he wants to end his career as an Eagle.

As Scout.com first reported back during the NFL Combine last month, Runyan would be willing to accept up to 25% less than another team would offer because he wants to finish his career with the Eagles and he doesn't want to move his family.

Philly is just about Jersey anyway, he won't have to move them

Smiz...the problem I have with some posters are that they are too full of themselves...I hate it when they constantly get in your face to make their point and more often than not, they are wrong.

Nothing wrong with posting, that's what these message boards are all about. Just don't beat a topic(s) like a dead horse just to have your "name in lights"...PM me if you like and I and or Senior will fill you in.

it happens...Not much we can do but laugh and enjoy ourselves.

Rambo was a cartoon character...I hope your J/O doesn't stand for jackoff? And you're right, I don't have to prove anything to anyone...but, if you want to dish out ****, expect to get back what you're dishing out.

yup, YOU guessed it.

yup, i'm dishin' our s**t; to YOU . BUT, enough, YOU ENJOY IT TOO MUCH, J/O.

p.s. " RAMBO " is a movie character, which is MORE than you have been / will ever be, J/O !

Smiz, Obviously we are trying to make a point. The things we talked

about are factual and if I went into detail with you your eyeballs would

spin.

I am a very active senior with a lot of responsibilities to take care of

during the day. I come on the board to unwind and read or talk about

the Jets. As you can see from my pix I am a big fan. What I don't

need is some nut case who needs his ego stroked. I'm sure there

are mental health message boards to handle that kind of situation.

During the course of the day you and the other guys diss each other

on subjects far removed from the Jets. I just sit back and say

boys will be boys. As long as they are having fun. LOL

So if us old guys get on a subject that bothers us, I would hope

you would respond in kind.

As far as topics Smiz, you do an excellent job of keeping us

up to day with KFFL and other media reports. Probably better than

the other boards.

It happens. During the offseason there is little news to chew on ,so the natives get restless.

Rumor Jon Runyan will sign. WILL BE ANNOUNCED PROBABLY TOMORROW.

COOL ~ ~ ~

Eagles | Runyan reaches multi-year deal to return

Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:56:40 -0800

Adam Caplan, of Pro Football News and Injury Report, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have reached a multi-year deal to retain OT Jon Runyan. Terms of the deal are not currently available.

oh well, NEVER trust a woman . . . :beer:

Archived