Lavernues Coles to be CUT

TomShane

Word out of Washington is that Lavernues "Fredo" Coles is getting his unconditional release from Washington, and I, for one, couldn't be happier. As a Jets fan, you learn that the only true joy in life is not seeing your current players do well, but in seeing your former players--particularly those that bitched on the way out the door--suffer.

Make no mistake! The 'Skins will paint this as a team looking out for the best interests of an unhappy player, that the won't want a guy to stick around who doesn't want to be there...blah blah blah. All it is is ridiculous spin. Coles is being C-U-T because he's a huge pain in the ass and is a divisive prima donna who whines ceaselessly. Gibbs is a smart man who knows how to deal with difficult personalities (See: Manley, Dexter; Marshall, Wilbur; Clark, Gary). Coles is and was over-rated, and is now getting thrown out on the street. You don't just let a guy who caught 90 balls last year walk out the door because he's "unhappy." He's getting thrown out the door because he's an idiot who can't accept the fact that he's a #2 receiver getting paid like a #1.

As for him coming back to the Jets, forget it. He ripped the organization on the way out the door, embarrasses himself, embarrassed Chad, and embarrassed Herm (as if Herm needs help to do that). I don't care if he agrees to the vet minimum, screw him. Would he help the team? Yes. Is he worth the headache? Not even close.

I get your point about Coles. But this is a real forgiving league. You put Coles on this team at the Vet Minimum and they can do some damage.

Herm will screw it up somehow though. If they had a coach that could pull all this together I would say it would be a no-brainer.

Coles

McCareins

Moss in the slot

Chrebet

Cotchery

That would be the best WR corps the Jets had in a LONG time. Depth has been a problem here. This would solve that problem.

I hear ya, JF. If Coles came back and offered some kind of contrition (unlikely), I'd sign him to a reasonable deal. But remember, Coles now has a chronic foot injury, and with Santana Moss on the team, we already have one WR who we need a medivac unit for. Losing 2/3 of your starting WR's at some point in the season, assuming we have Coles and Moss, could cripple us. I say pass, generally, unless we plan on dumping Santana in a deal somewhere.

I get your point about Coles. But this is a real forgiving league. You put Coles on this team at the Vet Minimum and they can do some damage.

Herm will screw it up somehow though. If they had a coach that could pull all this together I would say it would be a no-brainer.

Coles

McCareins

Moss in the slot

Chrebet

Cotchery

That would be the best WR corps the Jets had in a LONG time. Depth has been a problem here. This would solve that problem.

I hear ya, JF. If Coles came back and offered some kind of contrition (unlikely), I'd sign him to a reasonable deal. But remember, Coles now has a chronic foot injury, and with Santana Moss on the team, we already have one WR who we need a medivac unit for. Losing 2/3 of your starting WR's at some point in the season, assuming we have Coles and Moss, could cripple us. I say pass, generally, unless we plan on dumping Santana in a deal somewhere.

The thing about Moss is, now that he goes out of bounds every play, he never gets hurt anymore.

If Coles can say the right things (i.e. I am sorry) and comes cheap I would love to have him back.

If his foot injury isn't chronic that is.

That is why I said if. Been working on this site, haven't had much time to read ESPN.

Must be nice though. Keep me posted. Slacker.

GOD I MISSED YOUR BICKERING.... 8)

SPJETS you want to own half a website? Low mileage.

Tom is going to "disappear" soon. He forgets we are both MODS. But I am also an Admin. And in the rock, paper, scissor progression of life...Admin always wins!

spjets, stay tuned. If that homo gets a little more uppity, the board might vote him out and you're next in line for the "Administrator" role. I'm getting his corner office, though. :lol:

Vote me out? Vote me out? That hurts man. After all we have been through and you want it to end like this on day one?

Seeing things from a Webmaster point of view, I totally understand why you would have been asked to leave.

Laverneus unhappy? YOU COULD HAVE KNOCKED ME OVER WITH A FEATHER!!!!!!!!!Still, looks like this Fowler dude wants to hang onto Randy Moss if he buys the Vikes, so I would say Mason's 96 catches or Coles' gumption might make the team crackle a little...then keep Cotchery in the Chrebet role and send 'tana more often... and the pressure to spring McCareins would be alleviated somewhat... we really need to get someone who can expand the look of the receiving corps...no? Or, we could always find out which Quik-E-Mart Windrell Hayes is working at and bring him back...

Alex Van Dyke!!!!!!! TomShane, you are da mack daddy! I am sure he is celebrating each and every Super-Squishy he serves!!! Plus, I am just happy to have a forum where we can use the word "Dyke" and not have it sensored...! Where is Charles Wilson working these days...?

:lol: Charles Wilson is working the vacuums at Reggie Rembert's car wash in Abilene, Texas. :lol:

Alex Van Dyke!!!!!!! TomShane, you are da mack daddy! I am sure he is celebrating each and every Super-Squishy he serves!!! Plus, I am just happy to have a forum where we can use the word "Dyke" and not have it sensored...! Where is Charles Wilson working these days...?

• 11 years later...
On February 21, 2005 at 1:28 PM, TomShane said:

Word out of Washington is that Lavernues "Fredo" Coles is getting his unconditional release from Washington, and I, for one, couldn't be happier. As a Jets fan, you learn that the only true joy in life is not seeing your current players do well, but in seeing your former players--particularly those that bitched on the way out the door--suffer.

Make no mistake! The 'Skins will paint this as a team looking out for the best interests of an unhappy player, that the won't want a guy to stick around who doesn't want to be there...blah blah blah. All it is is ridiculous spin. Coles is being C-U-T because he's a huge pain in the ass and is a divisive prima donna who whines ceaselessly. Gibbs is a smart man who knows how to deal with difficult personalities (See: Manley, Dexter; Marshall, Wilbur; Clark, Gary). Coles is and was over-rated, and is now getting thrown out on the street. You don't just let a guy who caught 90 balls last year walk out the door because he's "unhappy." He's getting thrown out the door because he's an idiot who can't accept the fact that he's a #2 receiver getting paid like a #1.

As for him coming back to the Jets, forget it. He ripped the organization on the way out the door, embarrasses himself, embarrassed Chad, and embarrassed Herm (as if Herm needs help to do that). I don't care if he agrees to the vet minimum, screw him. Would he help the team? Yes. Is he worth the headache? Not even close.

What a grim son of a bitch this guy is.

Archived