Jefferson vs Sauce

Lupz27

15 hours ago, Seibelt said:

Could you ask for a better set up? Our strong defense against the mighty Vikings? 
Patriots almost beat them, we now have a better team than the Pats.

Sauce didn’t look like a pro bowl corner in the rain, let’s see how he does in the dome.

I like our chances.

We’re a much better matchup for a team like this (poor defense, good offense) than the reverse.

• Upvote 2

This is really going to be interesting to see how Sauce handles him.  I'd say Jefferson is the best WR in the NFL right now.  I don't expect that contact at the line will be a big part of Sauce's game vs. Jefferson.  I expect Sauce will use his reach and speed as best as he can along with his smarts.  

As far as Cousins goes.  If the Jets defense can get good pressure, Sauce will be able to hold Jefferson down.  If not... Yikes. 

IMHO, my defensive game plan would be to create as much pressure as possible.  More zone blitzing.  Key on Cousins and really knock his sh*t loose.  

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Seibelt said:

Sauce didn’t look like a pro bowl corner in the rain, let’s see how he does in the dome.

He gave up one catch on a PI LOL

He does that every game is that not a pro bowler, or is it because it was a bad PI we've already raised the standard on his play 11 games into his career? LOL 

With that said this is a massive challenge for Sauce.......JJ is open even when he's blanket covered. It's gonna be a battle.....We saw how he fared against another monster in Diggs, in fact going against JJ and Diggs back to back is about as difficult as it gets in this league

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

He gave up one catch on a PI LOL

He does that every game is that not a pro bowler, or is it because it was a bad PI we've already raised the standard on his play 11 games into his career? LOL 

With that said this is a massive challenge for Sauce.......JJ is open even when he's blanket covered. It's gonna be a battle.....We saw how he fared against another monster in Diggs, in fact going against JJ and Diggs back to back is about as difficult as it gets in this league

What you said is true, the end result was spectacular. But this was the first game that to me he looked a little lost more than once.

I guess I’m spoiled watching him with a cape on.

1 hour ago, Jet9 said:

3 Targets, 1 grab, 7 yards. 

This was in the Bears game? This is crazy. He did have that one PI but other than that, if this is all he gave up its as good as shutting down your opposition's top receiver.

As far as Jefferson, I think we will see Sauce do much of what he has been doing with top tier WRs. Driving them bonkers. They will get theirs, but they will be severely limited. And if the pass rush can get to Cousins, the Jets will have a great opportunity to stay in this game and pull one out.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

He’s starting to get sloppy on his technique and holding/PI a fair amount lately compared to earlier in the season, but hasn’t drawn the penalty flags. 

Against Jefferson, he WILL get flagged going up against a legit NFL STAR. Hopefully he works on keeping clean technique and not reading is headlines. 

He did pretty well against Diggs if I remember right

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Thielen has been nearly invisible. He is like the 3rd option at this point. Jefferson is going to be difficult for whoever covers him and Cousins has been very good at getting the ball to him. They will wear him out with targets. He is going to get his. We just have to stop everyone else. 

Yeah, exactly, he’s the 3rd option. Thielen has about 70 yards less than Garrett Wilson so far this season (~550), and every other MN wr (not named Jefferson) has less than half of that. He may be the third option after Cook, but he’s still a viable weapon and not really invisible, he just may not be putting up great fantasy numbers. 

2 minutes ago, the Claw said:

Yeah, exactly, he’s the 3rd option. Thielen has about 70 yards less than Garrett Wilson so far this season (~550), and every other MN wr (not named Jefferson) has less than half of that. He may be the third option after Cook, but he’s still a viable weapon and not really invisible, he just may not be putting up great fantasy numbers. 

I don't  think using GW as an example is very good considering his QB broke 200 yards in only one game this season. 

18 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  think using GW as an example is very good considering his QB broke 200 yards in only one game this season. 

And he plays across from the #1/2 wr in the league. Of course his production would go down. I’m not saying he’s the best #2 wr in the league, but ignoring him would be stupid. MN has a potent offense. Stopping Jefferson will go a long way towards stopping them, but they have other ways of moving the ball effectively. Reed on Thielen is a slight mismatch in MN’s favor and anyone on Jefferson is a mismatch in MN’s favor. 

44 minutes ago, the Claw said:

And he plays across from the #1/2 wr in the league. Of course his production would go down. I’m not saying he’s the best #2 wr in the league, but ignoring him would be stupid. MN has a potent offense. Stopping Jefferson will go a long way towards stopping them, but they have other ways of moving the ball effectively. Reed on Thielen is a slight mismatch in MN’s favor and anyone on Jefferson is a mismatch in MN’s favor. 

Jets should look at what Dallas did because whatever it did it worked incredibly well. The Vikes offense isn't unstoppable and if any defense can hold them, it's the Jets.

• Upvote 1