Jefferson vs Sauce

Lupz27

Just now, usanyj said:

You can score on the Vikings defense, have to find a way to slow the offense.

Could you ask for a better set up? Our strong defense against the mighty Vikings? 
Patriots almost beat them, we now have a better team than the Pats.

Sauce didn’t look like a pro bowl corner in the rain, let’s see how he does in the dome.

I like our chances.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

If we can stop Dalvin Cook running and force Kirk to throw, I think the DL will pressure him.  Jefferson is going to make plays regardless.  Our defense needs to make 3rd down stops in clutch moments in order for White Lightning to bring the offense ahead.
Cook bouncing to the outside for big plays is what has me worried

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

Ulbrich has mixed in a little more blitzing since the bye week.  Against
MIN he should break his pattern of having CBs stay on specific sides of
the field.  Gardner should follow Jefferson around the formation a certain
percentage of the game.  Also Gardner gave up ONE catch against CHI on
Sunday, let's not act like he got burned

I think I’m more worried about the defense this game than I am about the offense. Since they ironed out the communications earlier in the season they have been really good. They are, however, due for a stinker. Jefferson, Thielen, and Cook are serious players. I think the Jets win a close one, but we have to assume the Vikings will move the ball relatively well. I don’t think Sauce can shut down Jefferson, but if they can limit him, they have a real chance to win. The lbs and safeties have GOT to get their tackling in order or Cook will absolutely make them pay.

3 hours ago, frankiepapa said:

Cook bouncing to the outside for big plays is what has me worried

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

We've been most vulnerable to the run up the middle of our defense the past 2 weeks. Bigger backs, but Dalvin is a superior player to Rhamondre and Montgomery..

9 hours ago, the Claw said:

I think I’m more worried about the defense this game than I am about the offense. Since they ironed out the communications earlier in the season they have been really good. They are, however, due for a stinker. Jefferson, Thielen, and Cook are serious players. I think the Jets win a close one, but we have to assume the Vikings will move the ball relatively well. I don’t think Sauce can shut down Jefferson, but if they can limit him, they have a real chance to win. The lbs and safeties have GOT to get their tackling in order or Cook will absolutely make them pay.

Thielen has been nearly invisible. He is like the 3rd option at this point. Jefferson is going to be difficult for whoever covers him and Cousins has been very good at getting the ball to him. They will wear him out with targets. He is going to get his. We just have to stop everyone else. 

From what I've observed, nobody shadows anyone on this defense, it's whoever lines up in front of you and then it's all based on what route is run from there whether they pass off the receiver or play them man.  JJ could see as much of Reed as Sauce, etc. the real trivia is, if he lines up in the slot, are you letting Carter guard him or is he going to change assignment for Reed or Sauce to cover him out of the slot? 

I love Sauce but I think he has been given the established star treatment by the officials.   I can see him getting PI'd to death because Jefferson has established himself as a guy who makes contested catch's at a sick rate.   Interesting matchup and I can see Sauce having a couple of big calls going against him. 

He’s starting to get sloppy on his technique and holding/PI a fair amount lately compared to earlier in the season, but hasn’t drawn the penalty flags. 

Against Jefferson, he WILL get flagged going up against a legit NFL STAR. Hopefully he works on keeping clean technique and not reading is headlines.