Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

23 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s okay, the minute I get to night phase I’m using my donkey punch power on both of you. 

While you're* at it can you donkey punch Berbal ?

23 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Maybe the "?" didn't help you, eh?

I saw it douche :)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

I like my vote, and I’ll point out that jgb is likely being coached to vote for his coach to “throw us off the scent.”

So I can easily move my vote to 80.
Easily. 

The question for me now is who else is in the scum pile? We’ve got the first 2. 

One thing I’m taking away from your case is - right or wrong - that it’s vibing as townie fixated on a theory.

Scum doesn’t typically hunt in absolutes. They play the middle, giving themselves room to 180. I cannot see how this case can be pivoted from.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Following suit or following scum buddy ? I ask because you didn't really add anything as to why you voted maybe Ill see something in the re read

8 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I was following suit and voting for someone who had 0 votes at the time.

See above Smash

Neither you or @Jetsfan80 can read the room or plain text.... ?

40 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

One thing I’m taking away from your case is - right if wrong - that it’s vibing as townie fixated on a theory.

Scum doesn’t typically hunt in absolutes. They play the middle, giving themselves room to 180. I cannot see how this case can be pivoted from.

I almost get the sense that 80 wants to be lynched, and they are making fun of us in the scum QT for how obvious this baiting is, and that we aren't falling for it.  I recall a game (probably a Nolder game) that involved some role (bus driver or commuter?) that showed results for a different person, and it got really complicated.  I could see this being a part of scum strategy, and 80 is juuust smart enough to pull it off. 

24 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I almost get the sense that 80 wants to be lynched, and they are making fun of us in the scum QT for how obvious this baiting is, and that we aren't falling for it.  I recall a game (probably a Nolder game) that involved some role (bus driver or commuter?) that showed results for a different person, and it got really complicated.  I could see this being a part of scum strategy, and 80 is juuust smart enough to pull it off. 

you seem to have a lot of ideas about what is going on in the scum discussions. 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Waving T-Mobile GIF by Magenta

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

you seem to have a lot of ideas about what is going on in the scum discussions. 

+1 on this

In general, his case is a narrative. It keeps expanding. A fair argument can be made that a tie is might do this as they continue to convince themselves, but it’s just as often used by scum to send town in the wrong direction.

This is why I feel he’s casing like a townie, but won’t follow his vote right now.

3 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Agreed. Little, if any, scum hunting from Verbal, Arsis, and Pac.

And of those 3 I've come to expect it out of the latter 2.  Arsis whenever he plays.  Pac as a constant no-show (though if/when he does arrive he does put in the work, hence why I haven't voted him just yet).  

Verbal can't just hide behind the no-vote trap.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And of those 3 I've come to expect it out of the latter 2.  Arsis whenever he plays.  Pac as a constant no-show (though if/when he does arrive he does put in the work, hence why I haven't voted him just yet).  

Verbal can't just hide behind the no-vote trap.

I do think this is a bit ridiculous, even for Pac. IIRC he'll at least chime in calling everyone else an idiot at this point. No problem pressuring there, and I've said my thoughts about his train building up then falling apart, but even leaving aside my suspicions about it in hindsight I think we'd have been better off seeing if that made him contribute even just a little bit.

My suspicion (and current vote) on Arsis is because he's not just mostly MIA and firing off bad jokes and making weird moves; it's because he's actually been around but spent the bulk of his time talking about the "vetting the trap" stuff while avoiding doing any actual hunting. In my experience that's a pretty common scum tactic to avoid taking positions on the players in the game.

And yeah, like I said agreed about Verbal. Like he took the loss of his vote as an invitation to take the day off for some reason. As an experienced player he should know that giving his thoughts gives town more to work with going forward even if he doesn't have a vote.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Following suit or following scum buddy ? I ask because you didn't really add anything as to why you voted maybe Ill see something in the re read

2 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

I was following suit and voting for someone who had 0 votes at the time.

2 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

See above Smash

Neither you or @Jetsfan80 can read the room or plain text.... ?

Oh ok that's a brilliant reason at this point I'm kinda glad I can't read.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I could be talked into this if Pac continues to no-show.  Useless.  Why did he even sign up for this one?  lol.

You know he does this sh*t all the time but not to this extent. You would think if he checked in we would have at least got a "i'll be back soon to straighten out all you Idiots, already got this game figured out" 

Honestly I'm voting him more to get his attention and see what has to contribute. He's probably bored Vanilla town than anything else and if he is WTF is he offering us anyhow . Just a number at this point

• Post of the Week 1