Jets Competition for Carr

JD should slightly overpay for a more durable, stable Carr and save his draft picks.

A $35mm, $40mm, $45mm guaranteed deal, with options after that, should do the trick.  

Maybe we set this up as another thread, but I would expect the trade and $ for all of the QBs who move will be very, very high.  This is a very dangerous game.  

If Carr wants to do this through trade, it costs him money.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Interesting read. Most on the list used it for pain and concussion. The others had some major life issues.  I guess we could argue that Mark Messier was the most successful of the athletes who used it and could compare him to Rogers. 

16 minutes ago, varjet said:

JD should slightly overpay for a more durable, stable Carr and save his draft picks.

A $35mm, $40mm, $45mm guaranteed deal, with options after that, should do the trick.  

Maybe we set this up as another thread, but I would expect the trade and $ for all of the QBs who move will be very, very high.  This is a very dangerous game.  

If Carr wants to do this through trade, it costs him money.  

Carr has a no trade clause. he wont be traded. He wouldnt cost his new team draft picks. but i agree he is the best option and will get paid more than his worth. pay the man what he wants and sign him

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 1/23/2023 at 9:54 AM, oatmeal said:

Lol and what success has Carr really had? No playoffs no MVPs with 3 pro bowl appearances, cousins has 4 probowls 

the definition of jag QBs, idk why y’all Jets fans are overhyping this guy

Crazy how a QB playing on a team that is consistently in the bottom 10 or worse teams in the NFL, with a bottom 10 D and OL rarely has success even while putting up good #’s

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ylekram said:

Carr has a no trade clause. he wont be traded. He wouldnt cost his new team draft picks. but i agree he is the best option and will get paid more than his worth. pay the man what he wants and sign him

To me, the only logical alternatives are:

1. Be the highest bidder for Carr for at least 3 years, and then sign him.
  2. Reboot, cut dead weight,  sign an interim QB (Minshew, White, and/or Brissett) and start drafting QBs.   There are starting QBs picked 13 and later in the NFL draft.  Maybe trade up for one.  

I will take Carr for a second round pick and gladly take his contract.  I like him a lot and think if we are able to fortify our O lIne a bit he can lead us to some very successful seasons.  He is tough and of great character.  Sign me up right f%^#in now.

I will take Rodgers for a late 1st and gladly take his contract.  I dislike him a lot but will like him once he is a Jet.  He will be motivated to get back to his MVP form and we have more weapons than he has had on his team in a long time.  For all the looking back on the Favre trade which feels very similar we were looking like one of the best teams in the NFL his first 11 games before he got hurt.  That was a really fun year up to that point.  Sign me up right f$#@&n now.

I would gladly take Lamar but between the required picks and contract we will have little left to build around him.  As good as he's been he's always an injury risk and because you have to suit an offense entirely around him his backup will have to be a very similar style of player.  Having said that sign me up right f$%&*n now.

In short I will take any of these guys plus Jimmy G.  I just want to win some games, maybe even win a division and have a home playoff game.  At this point that would almost feel like a SB to me.  Bottom line is you put a QB on this team that can score more than 20 points per game and we are looking at a 10-12 win team.  I know a repeat of this year's defensive performance is no guarantee but at the same time with an offense that can keep them rested and motivated you can make just as good an argument that they will be better.