Are the Raiders the Jets biggest threat for A. Rodgers?? - D. Adams would like a word

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

His career yards/attempt is .1 more than Mike White’s y/a

My point was that his Y/A over the last four years looks like this: 7.9, 7.9, 7.7, 7.0

His completion % looks like this: 70.4, 67.3, 68.4, 60.8

His QB rating looks like this: 100.8, 101.4, 94.0, 86.3

So, yes, you can argue he had a down year

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They’re not sitting on Zach Wilson for two years and then hope he’s resolved his issues. The only way we see Wilson again is if Rodgers/Carr/Tannehill get hurt, and even that’s be debatable because Mike White is gonna walk and they’ll be bringing in a new QB3, who will undoubtedly be better than Wilson. 

No disagreement but even though all the fans and all the league have totally given up on him i honestly do not think the guys who drafted him two yeas ago have.  At worst Douglas wants to find a way to boost a bit of value.

Also no matter who we have at QB our oline is enough of a concern at least to me to worry about QB health.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Great QBs with bad defenses should be putting up astronomical numbers.

No, this is more of a fable than anything.  It usually is a harm the odd time it is as you say.  (Watsons last year in houston)

Qbs with dominant Ds are really helped.  Both Hurts and the SF QBs greatly benefit.

If the other team has the ball and the lead and create turnovers it limits your offensive opps

6 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I can’t believe we actually live in a world where Derek Carr vs Aaron Rodgers is even being debated 

Yes, we live in a world where context and nuance inform decisions. 

It's not "Pick a QB - Derek Carr or Aaron Rodgers"

It's "Give up draft capital for a half checked out Aaaron Rodgers coming off the worst season of his career at age 39 or give 31 year old Derek Carr a big contract coming off a down year after he got cut by his hometown team"

Neither option is great, but the only reason you think it's a no brainer is because you hear "Aaron Rodgers" and think about the historically great player associated with the name -  which probably isn't all that relevant to how he will play at ages 39 and 40. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

Yes, we live in a world where context and nuance inform decisions. 

It's not "Pick a QB - Derek Carr or Aaron Rodgers"

It's "Give up draft capital for a half checked out Aaaron Rodgers coming off the worst season of his career at age 39 or give 31 year old Derek Carr a big contract coming off a down year after he got cut by his hometown team"

Neither option is great, but the only reason you think it's a no brainer is because you hear "Aaron Rodgers" and think about the historically great player associated with the name -  which probably isn't all that relevant to how he will play at ages 39 and 40. 

Wrong again 

I hacked and watched around 10 Greenbay games last season, and if he played like that with broken thumb on this throwing hand, sign me up.

I’ll take my chances on a dude 1 year removed from back to back mvps and a future HOF vs the career JAG.

I can’t believe this needs to be explained and stop playing the fence these are the dudes available wtf do you want??????

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No disagreement but even though all the fans and all the league have totally given up on him i honestly do not think the guys who drafted him two yeas ago have.  At worst Douglas wants to find a way to boost a bit of value.

Also no matter who we have at QB our oline is enough of a concern at least to me to worry about QB health.

We get Bakhtiari in a package deal for Rodgers, remember. Obviously, he and Becton are going to be coin-flips to stay healthy for any length of time, but if you can get 12 games out of both of them, that could lead to some inspired OL play. Also worth noting that Rodgers’ contract isn’t super prohibitive against the cap. 

RE: Zach, I get what you’re saying about some invested interests looking to recoup something from that pick, but the speed and violence with which even Woody is saying he wants to upgrade QB1 makes you think that any actual support inside the building will end up getting vetoed. If by some miracle Douglas survives this next season and they roll Zach out there in 2024 and he still sucks? Woody will drop a daisy cutter on everyone involved. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, oatmeal said:

Wrong again 

I hacked and watched around 10 Greenbay games last season, and if he played like that with broken thumb on this throwing hand, sign me up.

I’ll take my chances on a dude 1 year removed from back to back mvps and a future HOF vs the career JAG.

I can’t believe this needs to be explained and stop playing the fence these are the dudes available wtf do you want??????

Cool - I have Sunday Ticket AND live in WISCONSIN (!!!). I watch the Packers whenever I want. So there!

More importantly, 1 year is an eternity at age 39. Elite athletes tend to lose "it" suddenly.

Bringing in a 39 year old who has been talking about retirement for two years doesn't interest me. It seems like a typical sucker Jets move. Sorry. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We get Bakhtiari in a package deal for Rodgers, remember. Obviously, he and Becton are going to be coin-flips to stay healthy for any length of time, but if you can get 12 games out of both of them, that could lead to some inspired OL play. Also worth noting that Rodgers’ contract isn’t super prohibitive against the cap. 

RE: Zach, I get what you’re saying about some invested interests looking to recoup something from that pick, but the speed and violence with which even Woody is saying he wants to upgrade QB1 makes you think that any actual support inside the building will end up getting vetoed. If by some miracle Douglas survives this next season and they roll Zach out there in 2024 and he still sucks? Woody will drop a daisy cutter on everyone involved. 

Rich eisen said today that word on the street is the Jets front office want Carr but the owner wants Rodgers, the supposedly told Carr this.

Im telling you if this is true it’s terrifying and shows a lot about JD’s QB evaluation skills 

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No, this is more of a fable than anything.  It usually is a harm the odd time it is as you say.  (Watsons last year in houston)

Qbs with dominant Ds are really helped.  Both Hurts and the SF QBs greatly benefit.

If the other team has the ball and the lead and create turnovers it limits your offensive opps

Watson’s last year in Houston he went 33/7/4800 throwing to Brandin Cooks and a gimpy Will Fuller. Averaged 300 yards passing per game. 112.4 rating

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

Rich eisen said today that word on the street is the Jets front office want Carr but the owner wants Rodgers, the supposedly told Carr this.

Im telling you if this is true it’s terrifying and shows a lot about JD’s QB evaluation skills 

IMO, Saleh wants Carr because Saleh is a soft-boi who’s terrified of dissent. They should not listen to Robert Saleh.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Cool - I have Sunday Ticket AND live in WISCONSIN (!!!). I watch the Packers whenever I want. So there!

More importantly, 1 year is an eternity at age 39. Elite athletes tend to lose "it" suddenly.

Bringing in a 39 year old who has been talking about retirement for two years doesn't interest me. It seems like a typical sucker Jets move. Sorry. 

There are different packers games broadcasted out there guess, not sure why this even matters 2023 BUT why they hell are you paying for Sunday ticket? 

And 

like I said stop being a coward, which QB would you like ? Put your name on someone

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Meh. Why? Owner wants big splash, right now, kinda move. 

Front office probably wants stability for a couple years. 

IMO - both stances are reasonable. I can't imagine JD and company think Rodgers is not a good QB lol. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

My point was that his Y/A over the last four years looks like this: 7.9, 7.9, 7.7, 7.0

His completion % looks like this: 70.4, 67.3, 68.4, 60.8

His QB rating looks like this: 100.8, 101.4, 94.0, 86.3

So, yes, you can argue he had a down year

Looks to me like 2021 was a "down year" for Carr as well.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Meh. Why? Owner wants big splash, right now, kinda move. 

Front office probably wants stability for a couple years. 

IMO - both stances are reasonable. I can't imagine JD and company think Rodgers is not a good QB lol. 

I just don’t see Carr as stability, I see him turning us into the New York Vikings 

• Post of the Week 2

8 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

There are different packers games broadcasted out there guess, not sure why this even matters 2023 BUT why they hell are you paying for Sunday 

like I said stop being a coward, which QB would you like ? Put your name on someone

I pay for Sunday ticket because I like it and can afford it :) 

and no matter how much you want it to be that simple, it’s not that simple. 

call me a coward all you want, just don’t call me an idiot and don’t say you weren’t warned about how bad of an investment Aaron Rodgers is at this stage of his career. 

44 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

14 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Well this explains a lot. Also, I'm sorry.

?

I took a business trip to Wisconsin once. This was about 20 years ago now. The company I worked for at the time acquired a small company from there that had software similar to ours.

While I visited the Wisconsin office I met a "lovely" couple that worked there who were referred to as "Mr. and Mrs. Shawn". They were like a cross between hillbillies and rednecks. Very rough around the edges but they were the ones who really understood the daily processes so I needed to work closely with them.

After several months I had written and began implementing software that replaced all the things they did in that office.

Not too long after the implementation I got an instant message from "Mr. Shawn" on my company account where he threatened to kill me.

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or be scared. He hasn't found me yet.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I pay for Sunday ticket because I like it and can afford it :) 

and no matter how much you want it to be that simple, it’s not that simple. 

call me a coward all you want, just don’t call me an idiot and don’t say you weren’t warned about how bad of an investment Aaron Rodgers is at this stage of his career. 

What would you like the Jets to do at QB? 

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When you pay a QB $40M+, just getting to the playoffs isn't enough.  

And he's only gotten there 2 of his 5 years.  Not great Bob.  Not great.  

agreed

26 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

What would you like the Jets to do at QB? 

Invent a time machine and draft Mahomes in 2017. 

Outside of that, I don't know. The guy I dream about out of the "could be available" crowd is Lamar - I would give up real assets for a 26 year old QB who could be here for the next decade. But I still kinda doubt he's available and I also doubt Douglas is the type to trade multiple first round picks for anybody. 

Nothing realistic really does it for me. 

If we did land Rodgers, I'm sure a part of me would be excited because he's Aaaron Rodgers, but I'd expect it to fail spectacularly. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

not making the playoffs for a decade has been totally awesome. I feel terrible for the Vikings fans.

The Jets' ineptitude does not somehow make Kirk Cousins a particularly desirable outcome.

When viewing things through an expectations vs performance perspective, Cousins has failed in Minnesota.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Jets' ineptitude does not somehow make Kirk Cousins a particularly desirable outcome.

When viewing things through an expectations vs performance perspective, Cousins has failed in Minnesota.

meh. He's been a good QB there. They haven't put it together in the playoffs yet. Doesn't mean they won't.

btw - I was responding to a post that claimed "purgatory" is the worst place to be. I disagree - sucking every year is definitely worse.

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

meh. He's been a good QB there. They haven't put it together in the playoffs yet. Doesn't mean they won't.

btw - I was responding to a post that claimed "purgatory" is the worst place to be. I disagree - sucking every year is definitely worse.

No with sucking you get legit shots at :

Football Heisman GIF by USC Trojans Lets Go Alabama GIF by Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic

17 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

not making the playoffs for a decade has been totally awesome. I feel terrible for the Vikings fans.

Yeah from your sad jet fan perspective, the goal is Superbowls, idk why everyone forgets this and that franchise has O. 

lmao jet fans begging for participation trophies aka “we made the playoffs and lost”