Are the Raiders the Jets biggest threat for A. Rodgers?? - D. Adams would like a word

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Oh, I didn't realize you'd given your guarantee.

Forgive me, lol.

Pretty much. The guy is under contract. Its not like he is owed 300 million and state taxes are gonna matter. It’s easily made up in a restructure. He will go where he wants to play. 

25 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

The guy is one of the biggest look at me douches in the league. He thinks he's God's gift to football.  How long before him and the ny media are feuding and he's pissing off our fickle fanbase. 

Who cares. He’s good at football and would bring us, beyond any of the other options, further in the playoffs. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Who cares. He’s good at football and would bring us, beyond any of the other options, further in the playoffs. 

Guaranteed. Like death and taxes.  Trade for Rodgers and SB here we come!  Easy squeezy.  Just ask State Farm.  GB wins the SB every year.  Wait! What? The only 39 year old QBs to win a SB are Brady and ....Manning in 2016, who had a terrible season and was carried by a great defense after he fell of a cliff in terms of production.  When does Rodgers fall of the cliff? Or is he already falling?

9 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Restructuring makes the taxes go away. Gotcha.?

Well, if he’s looking to pay no state taxes, TB & Tenn. are the places in need of a Qb. You’re probably looking at a minimum of $3-5 mil in taxable income savings from the home games & his commercials compared to NJ.

He can be closer to his boyfriend MacAffee

• Haha 1

So Carr did well at the skills competition, and was asked , “ have you ever been that hot in Vegas ?”

his reply, “ not that hot, that’s probably why I’m going somewhere else “

he makes a face, could be interpreted as cheeky humor, could be interpreted as he meant it.  I guess we’ll find out lol

31 minutes ago, Larz said:

So Carr did well at the skills competition, and was asked , “ have you ever been that hot in Vegas ?”

his reply, “ not that hot, that’s probably why I’m going somewhere else “

he makes a face, could be interpreted as cheeky humor, could be interpreted as he meant it.  I guess we’ll find out lol

That snide comment should prove he's "made for NY"... we do that stuff!  hahaha

• Upvote 1

On 2/2/2023 at 9:03 AM, Zachtomims47 said:

Guys....we all know this isn't happening right? Jets will get pulled along the whole time for a better deal. He'll get traded to the Raiders. 

It'll come out Douglas had this great big offer but he ultimately chose Raiders (Just like Tyreek Hill). Thus ending with the Jets being laughed at....again. 

Oh and throw on top of that, you'll see so many LOL's that we didn't learn from Denver with signing Hackett and ended up empty handed just like them. 

This is the way. 

I’m getting the jump on this and throwing in a LOL now ? 

20 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Right, but his point is that wasn't a "leak"

Ok. So the 'leak' part is wrong. I'm just going by what he tweeted. But regardless, THAT is where is I got it. We are talking about what the value/cost for Rodgers will be. My whole argument was that it will be nowhere near two first round picks. I was trying to say even if that is what GB will be asking for, its not what they will get because I just don't see the market for a 39yr old QB (even as good as Rodgers) being that high. Primarily because he will most likely be out of football within two years. Teams won't want to give up that kind of draft capital for a 2 year rental. And that's without getting into the contract and potential player decline (which I don't take too much stock in, but some team definitely might). 

So we are getting into the weeds here as far as what the original argument/discussion was. Leak or no leak. IF GB is asking anywhere near two first round picks for Rodgers, IMO, they ain't getting it, and will either have to hold on to Rodgers or negotiate to a lower price. 

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Well, if he’s looking to pay no state taxes, TB & Tenn. are the places in need of a Qb. You’re probably looking at a minimum of $3-5 mil in taxable income savings from the home games & his commercials compared to NJ.

He can be closer to his boyfriend MacAffee

lol

No one thinks that'd be the sole reason Rodgers picks one team over another. But sure, it could be a factor if he's torn between two realistic options.

Thing is, it's not the home games vs away games that'd matter for his situation, like we think of for others.

On his existing contract, 98% of his compensation for the next 2 seasons is due via a lump bonus check each year, so essentially ALL of it is subject to his team's state taxes. Since almost all of it would be taxed at the marginal rate, that's about $11MM over the next 2 seasons alone. The only home/road games would be like my first post above. Only his ~$70K/week game checks - for road games - would be subject to those opponents' states, and all together it's not even a rounding error; what is it maybe $5K/week x 8-9 weeks? 

Between the upcoming two seasons, you're talking about just over $11MM of after-tax money: cash. The idea that he cares nothing about $11MM in cash, because he's also still got a bunch more, is ****ing stupid. 

FFS if he didn't care about $11MM in cash then he wouldn't bother doing State Farm commercials or any other endorsements for a fraction of that after-tax take-home amount. Something tells me he isn't/wasn't doing those for free. Nor Mahomes, Reid, nor any other player who signs endorsement deals for $500K here and a couple million there (all of that before losing half to taxes). They expect to get paid, and for a lot less than $11MM. Only exceptions are impossibly unique athletes & scenarios, like the endorsement deals Jordan & Tiger got from Nike. Rodgers doesn't get anywhere near that. 

Shaq has got to be worth half a billion by now & he still does foot powder commercials ffs.

But they don't care, lol.

Colin Cowherd: “My guess is that Aaron is not going to retire for two reasons… He can make another $100 million, and Tom Brady retired. Do you really want to share the podium in Canton with Tom Brady?? Aaron Rodgers to the Jets gets a lot of talk but Aaron is smart enough… That’s a wobbly ownership, you’ve got a coach who has got to win or he’s fired, it’s a bunch of young kids, bad o-line...but Aaron to the Raiders? It’s West Coast, Davante Adams, great weapons, offensive head coach with a ring, and I think privately Green Bay looks at the Raiders and thinks ‘We’re sending him to the AFC.’ Whereas the Bills feel like they’re declining, the Patriots don’t have weapons, who knows about Tua’s health – you could see Aaron Rodgers winning that division if he went to the Jets.“

• WTF? 1

20 minutes ago, TommyT said:

Colin Cowherd: “My guess is that Aaron is not going to retire for two reasons… He can make another $100 million, and Tom Brady retired. Do you really want to share the podium in Canton with Tom Brady?? Aaron Rodgers to the Jets gets a lot of talk but Aaron is smart enough… That’s a wobbly ownership, you’ve got a coach who has got to win or he’s fired, it’s a bunch of young kids, bad o-line...but Aaron to the Raiders? It’s West Coast, Davante Adams, great weapons, offensive head coach with a ring, and I think privately Green Bay looks at the Raiders and thinks ‘We’re sending him to the AFC.’ Whereas the Bills feel like they’re declining, the Patriots don’t have weapons, who knows about Tua’s health – you could see Aaron Rodgers winning that division if he went to the Jets.“

What lol. He trashes the Jets than goes on to say he could see him winning the division with the Jets? Da fuk

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TommyT said:

He's not wrong about the ownership or the Head Coach, but the OL will be much better when healthy + Draft picks

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

What lol. He trashes the Jets than goes on to say he could see him winning the division with the Jets? Da fuk

You hit the mark on this comment! What kind of rambling nonsense is this?

angry circle GIF by aap

• Upvote 1

On 2/2/2023 at 3:58 PM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I don't think it will take a '23 1st.

Favre never missed a game in his career and was had for what a 3rd rounder.

The Favre comparison isn't apples for apples.   He came out of retirement on the eve of training camp in late July when most teams rosters were set and they were done installing their off season program.   There wasn't many teams competing for him.   GB needed to unload him quickly (it was a PR nightmare for them).   In hindsight, with the year he had with the Vikings 2 years later, he probably would have gotten two firsts for that level of play.

On 2/3/2023 at 10:10 AM, Zachtomims47 said:

On 2/3/2023 at 11:23 AM, 32EBoozer said:

You hit the mark on this comment! What kind of rambling nonsense is this?

angry circle GIF by aap

He’s essentially saying that GB would be looking to send him somewhere that he’s more likely to fail. While the Raiders might be better on paper, they play in a much better division so it would be tougher for Rodgers to make the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

He’s essentially saying that GB would be looking to send him somewhere that he’s more likely to fail. While the Raiders might be better on paper, they play in a much better division so it would be tougher for Rodgers to make the playoffs.

Well then AR would let the new team he’ll be retiring. Deal off!

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

5AED7A53-D5B2-48CA-9831-2C393C3E32AF.thumb.jpeg.848ebe58ed885cccddd27069e77150e1.jpeg

Translation: Joe Douglas is not going to get fleeced.

Fallout from this leak: I’d bet good money that we hear that “The Raiders and the Titans are firmly in the hunt to trade to trade for Aaron Rodgers…” sometime soon to try and drive the price back up.

Lmao you called it bro