Woody’s desperation…..

SoJetsy

14 hours ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

The more we look back the more the tragedy to Greg Knapp seems like a massive setback for the Jet's plans.  Their failure to adapt is on them though. 

That's the key... Once he was gone, they should have found someone to replace him TOOT SWEET... Not doing that is their biggest mistake. They had Beck in, but didn't hire anyone back after Beck either decided not to keep the job, or refused to take the job. Not sure which one it is, but Cavanaugh was never the answer.

On 2/5/2023 at 9:05 AM, SoJetsy said:

Now that he’s back I believe he hijacked the whole plan of Saleh and Douglas to build and develop. Instead of just admitting Zach was a bust or wrong fit in NY now they make a desperate move to put butts in seats, typical Woody. Why not just let Mike Lafluer grow as a play caller and play Mike White or Jimmy G until they can find the guy. I smell Favre all over, then 10 years of obscurity again!

This isn't  the same situation as Favre. If we bring in Jimmy G or Rodgers, it will be to win games, not so one of them can get away from their former team and then jump ship for another team to take revenge on the former team. GB is not trying to replace Rogers, GB would probably prefer Rogers finish his career there. Rogers wants out. As far as Jimmy G, his time in SF is just at an end. I really don't  know how we go into the season with him because at this point, you have to figure him to miss at least 25% of the games and Zach is the guy behind him. Zach needs to sit for an entire season and watch. If he comes in for a stretch, I think he reverts back to his old habits being more concerned with winning the job back over winning the game. 

On 2/6/2023 at 12:26 PM, dbatesman said:

Of course it's desperation. They spent the second overall pick on a quarterback who can't play and they're getting fired if they don't make the playoffs next season. I'm not going to bother arguing the rest. The board has decided that the Jets are going to acquire a 39-year-old quarterback from one of the best-run franchises in the league and come out ahead in the deal. Have at it, I guess.

That part I don't readily agree with. If I'm Woody and I'm giving my hires one last chance to right the ship -I'm not throwing all my chips into the pot in acquiring Rodgers. Instead I'm saying show me you can really turn this around w/o sacrificing the potential next regimes assets. 

• Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

So, how would Parcell handle Becton, Zach & Moore? Would it had caused them to be the best version of themselves, or, crushed them faster than MLF?

I believe whatever talent there was, he would have tapped it. Not sure if BP would have prevented Becton from getting rolled by GVR. Simms wasn't  a very gifted QB but he was great on the Giants 

7 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Like Neil O'Donnell, Hugh Douglas, Adrian Murrell and James Farrior? 

I don't  think O'Donnell was on a Parcells coached team. If he was it was short lived. Hugh Douglas was a rookie, so was Farrior, Murrell was ok and BP gave him crap for not being better. He told him after a win he left yards on the field. That was after a W. 

40 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  think O'Donnell was on a Parcells coached team. If he was it was short lived. Hugh Douglas was a rookie, so was Farrior, Murrell was ok and BP gave him crap for not being better. He told him after a win he left yards on the field. That was after a W. 

Wow.  What a completely uninformed view of that fat ******* carpet bagger's term here.  

O'Donnell was the QB of the 1997 team.  Typical game manager would have been perfect for the a ground & pound and D team.  Not only did Parcells hate him, but on December 21, 1997 down 13-10 with 7 minutes left, the 9-6 Jets had 1st down at the Lions 9 yard line after a 30 yarder from O'Donnell to Chrebet.  That fat **** called a halfback option and Leon Johnson threw a pick to Bryant Westbrook in the end zone.  Instead of 10-6 and tied with the Patriots for 1st, the Jets finish 9-7 tied with the Dolphins for 2nd.  They lose the tiebreaker and miss the playoffs.

Hugh Douglas was not a rookie.  He was entering his 3rd year and already had 18 NFL sacks on a team nobody bothered passing against.  That fat **** traded him for Dorian Boose.  Parcells motivated Hugh Douglas to 4 sacks.  He went off to Philly where he promptly had 12.5.  He had another 2 double digit years (to go with 9.5 sacks in 2001.  3 pro bowls and an all pro.  To be fair, he didn't trade Douglas for the Boose pick.  He traded the pick he got down and rolled it into Boose later in 2nd and also added Kevin Williams and Eric Bateman!

Farrior was a rookie?  What's your point?  Yes, he was a rookie.  Then he was a 2nd year player and then a 3rd year player.  The "next LT" had 3.5 sacks in those 3 years and only got 6 starts over the last 2.  That gunt having ****er who I keep hearing liked to build from the trenches out" passed on two HOF LT, Orlando Pace and Walter Jones for Farrior who sucked under Parcells and his protege, Al Groh.  They "motivated him to be his best self" by playing him out of position on the outside.  Herm moved him inside and he played one good year here and then ran off to Pittsburgh where he was a stud for a decade.  At least one all-pro season.  I read a piece by some guy claiming he should be in the HOF.  

Murrell was okay and Parcells version of "getting more out of him" was to ride him like a rented mule and dump him with a 7th rounder for a 3rd that the fat **** rolled into some other pathetic deal.  He traded that 3rd which ended up being Leonard Little to move down two picks and recoup the 7th.  The player he took with the 3rd?  Scott Frost.  He sure made up for it with the 7th, TE Lawrence Hart.

I guess we can add Boose, Frost and Hart to the guys that Parcells motivated to be their best selves. 

@T0mShane Tell me, If they are facts are they neg rep worthy? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Wow.  What a completely uninformed view of that fat ******* carpet bagger's term here.  

O'Donnell was the QB of the 1997 team.  Typical game manager would have been perfect for the a ground & pound and D team.  Not only did Parcells hate him, but on December 21, 1997 down 13-10 with 7 minutes left, the 9-6 Jets had 1st down at the Lions 9 yard line after a 30 yarder from O'Donnell to Chrebet.  That fat **** called a halfback option and Leon Johnson threw a pick to Bryant Westbrook in the end zone.  Instead of 10-6 and tied with the Patriots for 1st, the Jets finish 9-7 tied with the Dolphins for 2nd.  They lose the tiebreaker and miss the playoffs.

Hugh Douglas was not a rookie.  He was entering his 3rd year and already had 18 NFL sacks on a team nobody bothered passing against.  That fat **** traded him for Dorian Boose.  Parcells motivated Hugh Douglas to 4 sacks.  He went off to Philly where he promptly had 12.5.  He had another 2 double digit years (to go with 9.5 sacks in 2001.  3 pro bowls and an all pro.  To be fair, he didn't trade Douglas for the Boose pick.  He traded the pick he got down and rolled it into Boose later in 2nd and also added Kevin Williams and Eric Bateman!

Farrior was a rookie?  What's your point?  Yes, he was a rookie.  Then he was a 2nd year player and then a 3rd year player.  The "next LT" had 3.5 sacks in those 3 years and only got 6 starts over the last 2.  That gunt having ****er who I keep hearing liked to build from the trenches out" passed on two HOF LT, Orlando Pace and Walter Jones for Farrior who sucked under Parcells and his protege, Al Groh.  They "motivated him to be his best self" by playing him out of position on the outside.  Herm moved him inside and he played one good year here and then ran off to Pittsburgh where he was a stud for a decade.  At least one all-pro season.  I read a piece by some guy claiming he should be in the HOF.  

Murrell was okay and Parcells version of "getting more out of him" was to ride him like a rented mule and dump him with a 7th rounder for a 3rd that the fat **** rolled into some other pathetic deal.  He traded that 3rd which ended up being Leonard Little to move down two picks and recoup the 7th.  The player he took with the 3rd?  Scott Frost.  He sure made up for it with the 7th, TE Lawrence Hart.

I guess we can add Boose, Frost and Hart to the guys that Parcells motivated to be their best selves. 

HE WAS CHANGING A POISONED CULTURE DOM. SOMETIMES YOU BRING IN GOOD CITIZENS WHO AREN’T THE BEST PLAYERS TO CHANGE THAT CULTURE, DOM. THE JETS NEEDED A LOT OF CULTURE DOM. THE PARCELLS CULTURE CARRIED LOSERS GROH AND HERM TO HEIGHTS THEY NEVER WOULD HAVE ACHIEVED ON THEIR OWN. YOU WEEP FOR SANTIAGO.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

You are correct about O'Donnell but I credit Parcells for getting VT and him being the best QB we had since Namath. I agree with BP, I hated O'Donnell. Cowher couldn't  get rid of him fast enough. As far as Hugh, this is what I remember. A healthy HD WATCHING A GAME WITH PLAYOFF IMPLICATIONS FROM THE SIDELINE BECAUSE HE WAS UP FOR A NEW CONTRACT.  That was about the most selfish thing I ever saw and I just saw Kyrie Irving force his way off the Nets for basically nothing ( I hate the Nets btw). As far as Farrior leaving the Jets, he didn't  leave, we traded him. Herm didn't  want to pay him. He thought his Tampa 2 D could just plug anyone in at that spot. Turned out Farrior was a great player and Herm didn't spot it. Don't  blame Parcells. Yes, BP didn't  play him right but Farrior was a freaking tackling machine for Herm and he didn't  care. 

Lastly, Murrell was a guy that never put it all together and he had his chances. He could have been the lead back but he could never hold onto the job. He reminds me of guys like Kyler Murray. Showed flashes of greatness and just can't  do it consistently.  

As far as BP GM abilities,  he was horrible. I can't  think of anyone that made so many bad moves. As a HC, there is no denying he was great. 

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

You are correct about O'Donnell but I credit Parcells for getting VT and him being the best QB we had since Namath. I agree with BP, I hated O'Donnell. Cowher couldn't  get rid of him fast enough. As far as Hugh, this is what I remember. A healthy HD WATCHING A GAME WITH PLAYOFF IMPLICATIONS FROM THE SIDELINE BECAUSE HE WAS UP FOR A NEW CONTRACT.  That was about the most selfish thing I ever saw and I just saw Kyrie Irving force his way off the Nets for basically nothing ( I hate the Nets btw). As far as Farrior leaving the Jets, he didn't  leave, we traded him. Herm didn't  want to pay him. He thought his Tampa 2 D could just plug anyone in at that spot. Turned out Farrior was a great player and Herm didn't spot it. Don't  blame Parcells. Yes, BP didn't  play him right but Farrior was a freaking tackling machine for Herm and he didn't  care. 

Lastly, Murrell was a guy that never put it all together and he had his chances. He could have been the lead back but he could never hold onto the job. He reminds me of guys like Kyler Murray. Showed flashes of greatness and just can't  do it consistently.  

As far as BP GM abilities,  he was horrible. I can't  think of anyone that made so many bad moves. As a HC, there is no denying he was great. 

Holy sh*t. THAT FAT ******* CARPERBAGGER SURE HAS YOU SNOWED.  It is too late for me to go into just how ******* crackpot wrong all this is but I will explain how wrong you are tomorrow and I will at T0m BECAUSE HE NEEDS TO KNOW!

On 2/7/2023 at 8:49 PM, More Cowbell said:

I am correct about O'Donnell?  Good post so far. 

But you credit Parcells for getting VT and him being the best QB since Namath?  Well, already way off the rails.  Parcells did not "get VT"  he picked him up for peanuts on the recommendation of Little Bill who had him in Cleveland.  Parcells loved Testaverde so much that he elected to start Glenn Foley the first two weeks.  They were 0-2.  The 1st game was the Garrison Hearst OT game.  In the second, Foley put up 10 points against the Ravens and hurt his ribs.  They started Vinny against Indy and he put up 44 and threw 4 TDs.  Then he beat Miami.  Did Parcells learn his lesson?   Nope.  Right back to Foley against the Rams.  5/15 for 76 yards 2 INTs and down 23-3 Parcells finally goes back to Vinny who saves his fat ass and the season.  That Fat ******* Carpetbagger thought that Glenn Foley was the better choice after seeing him for two full camps, and a full season.  A season where he saw fit to start Neil O'Donnell 14 times and Foley twice.  You know because he hated O'Donnell but knew that Testicles was the man for the job!   To further punctuate that it was dumb luck and not that fat ****'s brilliance, he followed it up by insisting on trotting Rick Mirer out there until the season was over in 1999.  Worse, he benched Mirer and then inexplicably went back to him.  Lucas won 6 of the last 8 to finish 8-8.  Bill Parcells QB whisperer.  All hail!

I am not sure what you are talking about with Hugh Douglas missing a game with playoff implications.  The Jets did not have any games with playoff implications his first two seasons.  He only missed on game in 1997 and that was week 3.   Are you sure you are not confusing him with John Abraham?  Jets fans seem to have an issue with guys that can sack the QB.  All we do is say that we want them, and then when we have them we bitch and say some lunch pail sh*thead is better.  Gastineau, Abraham and Douglas.  All often reviled on this board.  All among the best pass rushers.  Also, you love the Nets.  They are ******* awesome and I can't wait to see Claxton, Finney-Smith and Ben Simmons on the floor together.  Finally a team playing defense.  Build around Cam!

Farrior did leave.  We didn't trade him.  Not sure where you got another false piece of information, but there it is.  I guess it didn't matter because they got as much for letting Farrior walk as dealing Douglas and Murrell.  You admit that fat **** played Farrior out of position.  It is beyond belief that you want to blame Herm.  Parcells had Farrior for 3 years and Groh 1 and the guy was barely a starter.  Herm moved him and made him a monster.  Then he couldn't afford to pay him because Parcells had paid off all his cronies and there was no cap space. Somehow you want to blame Herm?  Herm didn't want him?  ******* ludicrous.  In case you need a refresher, going into 2002 the Jets were so cap strapped thanks to that fat **** paying off his guys that they handed promising guard Ryan Young to the Texans so that the Texans would take their two starting CBs in the expansion draft.  They handed 3 starters to Houston just because they couldn't afford them!  At least you admitted he was a bad GM.  He is also fat.

Murrell couldn't be a lead back?  He wasn't consistent?  1249/6 TDS, 1086/7 (Parcells), 1042/8 (Cardinals).   That's not worth more than Scott Frost and Lawrence Hart?   Too bad he couldn't put up real numbers.  His ypc were not so  great, but cutting edge Parcells did not understand that riding a guy to 300 carries a season is not the best way to get per play production.  You are literally complaining about a 5th round guy having 3 straight 1000 yard seasons.  Remember the initial point?  Parcells did not get the best out of him. 

You end on a high note.  Yes, Parcells was a ******* horrendous GM.  He was horrible at "getting the groceries" but seems like he was great at eating them.  He was a fine coach, but I don't believe that he has ever won a playoff game without Lil Bill on his staff, he screwed teams over, including the Jets, like he was Josh ******* McDaniels.  He was a culture builder.  He brings in a program that works and guys that believe in it and it works.  He was to Jets coaches like Brett Favre is to Jets QBs.  Wildly overrated and obviously not here for the long haul.  His vaunted D handed the game to Denver.  He had a lead to sit on and he couldn't get his fat ass on the couch.   

@T0mShane