Super Bowl Game Thread

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The point you're missing is that, even if he was the greatest guy in the world, we still passed up on Patrick Mahomes for him.

Uh, yeah, duh.  No one is missing this point.

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Btw, trading Jamal turned out pretty great for us.  IIRC, didn't it turn into AVT and GW?  

I mean I'd rather have one of the greatest QBs of all-time but hey we got a fun consolation prize so we should feel better about that!

Douglas managing to take some sh*t and turn it into something decent doesn't make up for one of the most bafflingly terrible draft selections in NFL history.  Even if Macc wasn't convinced on Mahomes, Watson should have been the pick there.

You don't evaluate a draft choice based on what you got for him in a trade 4 years later.  You evaluate it based on the value the player brought to the team and the opportunity cost for not taking someone else.  And on that it was a travesty no matter what magic JD worked later on.

2 minutes ago, JiFields said:

lmfao...so it matters when you care about the artist but it doesnt when you dont?  

And Rihanna got 12 songs out in 13 minutes...the dead would get, what, 1?  hahaha

I watch the Super Bowl for the game, not all the other crap associated with the game (halftime show, commercials, etc).

But as a fan of The Grateful Dead, I'd certainly watch that halftime show.   I doubt they'd be able to even get in even 1 song though.  But it would be hilarious to see them try.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Yes. You called it. Everyone who’s opinion isn’t the same as yours is a racist, obviously.

I called what?  I asked a question to his statement about the half time show becoming a "Thugfest"...after a black female artist performed music because I'm confused by what that statement would mean otherwise.

And oh hey, looksie here, I guess it's pretty obvious what that statement indicates since this how you decided to interject and answer the question for him, huh?   

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I watch the Super Bowl for the game, not all the other crap associated with the game (halftime show, commercials, etc).

But as a fan of The Grateful Dead, I'd certainly watch that halftime show.   I doubt they'd be able to even get in even 1 song though.  But it would be hilarious to see them try.

Right, so it would matter if you liked the band.  Just pointing it's hypocritical is all, no biggie. 

I often watch that time Prince let the NFL play the Super Bowl at his concert, it was awesome.  Purple rain, in the pouring rain, just epic.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JiFields said:

I was referring to your performance comment, Madonna has been rubbing her crotch, singing on beds in lingerie, wearing cones on her t!ts, imitating sex in her performances since the 80's...doesnt seem to bother anyone

A black billionaire gets up there and does one gesture, and everyone has a problem w/ it. 

Don’t like Rihanna or Madonna as I don’t think either one can carry a note but Susan Tedeschi that woman is a singer 

2 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Don’t like Rihanna or Madonna as I don’t think either one can carry a note but Susan Tedeschi that woman is a singer 

Tedeschi and Trucks are incredible.  Love them.  Huge fan.  I've probably seen them live at least a dozen times.  And yes, Susan has some serious pipes and Derek is just masterful.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I called what?  I asked a question to his statement about the half time show becoming a "Thugfest"...after a black female artist performed music because I'm confused by what that statement would mean otherwise.

And oh hey, looksie here, I guess it's pretty obvious what that statement indicates since this how you decided to interject and answer the question for him, huh?   

I said what I said.
I like you, and a lot of the stuff you post, it’s just when you go off in this direction (which you do quite often) it comes off either as preachy, or condescending and the people who need to “listen” aren’t going to anyway.

You can take it however you want. I’m fairly certain I’m not the only person who feels the way I do every time you do something similar.
I’m not interested in discussing it further, so if you want the last word, go ahead.

15 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Sir, I didnt go this direction.  Someone else did.  I asked a question to the person who posted it.  And you cared enough to comment, so dont act like you're taking the high road here.  His comment was disgustingly racist and you're defending it?  Cool.   

I don’t even know the post you’re referring to… I’m referring to the sum of your posts quoting those who didn’t like her performance going back to last night, not any one in particular.

I said I wouldn’t continue the debate, but …Right on cue, there you go with the racist card. Who saw that coming? (eye roll). 

7 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t even know the post you’re referring to… I’m referring to the sum of your posts quoting those who didn’t like her performance going back to last night, not any one in particular.

I said I wouldn’t continue the debate, but …Right on cue, there you go with the racist card. Who saw that coming? (eye roll). 

Right on cue?  You, I, you, I,, eh, ugh

ok dude sigh

lol

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Yep… sigh.

Whatever… let’s move on.  You’re a good dude, and your heart is in the right place.

Nah I'd like to see Sam get banned because this isn't the first time he's said horrific sh*t like this on this board.  "Moving on" isn't the proper response either.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly.  And you still flew off the handle at JiF.

That POS @SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN called the SB halftime show a "Thugfest".  That was the post he's referring to.  Instead of actually reading it and seeing why its decidedly problematic, you went after JiF.  

And I questioned the entire comment, not just the obvious race implications.  It wasnt a fest of any sorts, it was one person.  lmfao

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Yep.

Whatever… let’s move on.  You’re a good dude, and your heart is in the right place.

I mean, there would be nothing to move on from if you didnt jump in and defend a disgusting comment that I simply questioned. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nah I'd like to see Sam get banned because this isn't the first time he's said horrific sh*t like this on this board.  "Moving on" isn't the proper response.  

80 I hadn’t seen your post when I said let’s move on. The last thing I’d ever do is defend or gloss over a racist comment. I hope you don’t think that’s what I was doing.

41 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Right, so it would matter if you liked the band.  Just pointing it's hypocritical is all, no biggie. 

I often watch that time Prince let the NFL play the Super Bowl at his concert, it was awesome.  Purple rain, in the pouring rain, just epic.

Maybe it's hypocritical but I'm not sure about that.  To me, the halftime show is part of the reason why the Super Bowl feels "bloated".  If I cared about the music, I'd watch.  If not, I wouldn't.  No biggie to me either way.  My eyes glaze over a little bit when people get carried away talking about this stuff though.

While I didn't watch her performance (though did hear some of it), I actually do kind of like some of Rhianna's music.  I don't get the "she can't sing" comments.  She has a certain style to her singing.  Not to compare the two but Bob Dylan doesn't have a classically good voice but he has a style too.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

80 I hadn’t seen your post when I said let’s move on. The last thing I’d ever do is defend or gloss over a racist comment. I hope you don’t think that’s what I was doing.

Except you did just that whether you intended to or not, lol.

You made an assumption that JiF was overreacting and decided to respond to that rather than reading the post in question.