Still hurting …..

Just now, HighPitch said:

So Joe I got a question it almost sounds like the house was sold. So where is the money? Did you get half of the proceedings or is it being held up? If you already got half the money then it’s gotta be a few hundred thousand dollars so dude just figure out what you can do with that and takeoff go to another place for the cost of living is cheap and there’s fun to be had

I thought, and said similar to you up until just now.

Read what he’s saying here. Does Joe sound like someone who wants to move on? He’s not looking for advice, he’s looking to hold a pity party for himself.

If I remember correctly, months ago he talked about therapy being a waste of time, so that’s out. His kids and his life Long friends want nothing to do with him. Every woman he meets is crazy.

He’s all about getting what he feels is an equitable financial settlement right now, and even if he does, do you really think he’ll feel better about his life and be willing to move on?

He’s in a really bad space here. I doubt we’re going to be able to say anything here that will change that. But more power to you if you want to keep trying.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So what DO you like to do?  Or what have you always wanted to try?  Do those things.  Take a leap of faith.  

What does Joe Willy like to do?  Complain about his divorce!

Honestly, if this were just a place to vent and then you went out and lived a normal life I would support it.  Doesn't seem that way though.  Like 80 said, what do you like to do?  Do it.  I get the thing is dragging.  I hope this isn't one of those cases where you have to live like a hermit and act like you have no income to fight for the biggest settlement.  Life is too short. 

If you want to date, maybe spend some more time on the selection process.  I have now heard of 3 of of your choices and one is worse than the next! Spend some time talking to them and don't talk about your ex!  Use wayz to find a route that does not pass any supermarkets!

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Read what he’s saying here. Does Joe sound like someone who wants to move on? He’s not looking for advice, he’s looking to hold a pity party for himself.

If I remember correctly, months ago he talked about therapy being a waste of time, so that’s out. His kids and his life Long friends want nothing to do with him. Every woman he meets is crazy.

He’s all about getting what he feels is an equitable financial settlement right now, and even if he does, do you really think he’ll feel better about his life and be willing to move on?

He’s in a really bad space here. I doubt we’re going to be able to say anything here that will change that. But more power to you if you want to keep trying.

Yes in the bad guy its all my fault ....,this has been dragging on way too long ...but i can't concede and give in its what her and  her lawyer want....she cheated lied stole money from me looted my home but i should give in .....would you?

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes in the bad guy its all my fault ....,this has been dragging on way too long ...but i can't concede and give in its what her and  her lawyer want....she cheated lied stole money from me looted my home but i should give in .....would you?

I think I already told you what I would do with a pension and the money you got from the sale of the house.

As far as the alimony and her 401k money, you’re not destitute right now. Your case will eventually be heard and settled. How you spend the time until it is? That’s up to you big fella. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You don't have to concede anything, but in your head you need to move on.  Look at the options in front of you and start living.  Whichever way this thing goes you have a path forward.  Start heading in a direction you like with the knowledge things may be fluid. Sitting on your ass aint going to get you anywhere. 

• Upvote 2

The guys I feel sorry for are the ones who have to fight in Family Court to see their young children. 
Older middle aged or senior couples fighting over every last dollar they’ve accumulated over the years are very low on my list of people I feel sorry for.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

What does Joe Willy like to do?  Complain about his divorce!

Honestly, if this were just a place to vent and then you went out and lived a normal life I would support it.  Doesn't seem that way though.  Like 80 said, what do you like to do?  Do it.  I get the thing is dragging.  I hope this isn't one of those cases where you have to live like a hermit and act like you have no income to fight for the biggest settlement.  Life is too short. 

If you want to date, maybe spend some more time on the selection process.  I have now heard of 3 of of your choices and one is worse than the next! Spend some time talking to them and don't talk about your ex!  Use wayz to find a route that does not pass any supermarkets!

It's just strange how he doesn't seem to be willing to take ANY advice being thrown his way.

He complains about there being no friends in his life but the JN crew here seems to be acting very much like friends in their support right now.  

Negativity spawns more negativity.  His may ex well be a completely evil witch but I guarantee Joe wasn't a complete innocent in all of this like he seems to be arguing.  The best course of action is to take ownership of the parts that you did wrong (and continue to do wrong, like bad-mouthing the ex to the rest of the family) go get some counseling and find something to be positive about.   

Some people can look at life and find something good in all of it.  Some can take any positive and make it a negative.  And when things REALLY go south its the worst thing that's happened to anyone.  Joe seems like he's in the latter category.  (After all, he hasn't always been the easiest poster to interact with around here).  And its a shame.  There's so much out there to live for.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Joe, a little tough love here… she ain’t taking you back. You need to stop thinking she might.

One more piece of advice you shouldn’t really need, but I have a feeling you do and should’ve gotten back when this started is your soon to be ex is your children’s mom. They don’t want to hear you talking about her the way you do here, and I think that’s what you did to turn them off.

As for your friends? Divorce is hard, and we all like to think ours is especially so. In time you’ll learn it wasn’t that different from most.. There will come a day when someone you know goes on endlessly about their ex and their divorce, and you’ll be looking to avoid them too.

I say screw it, see you at Umberto’s. 

• Haha 2

Joe at this point, I am also gonna add some tough love. I say this with peace and love:

We hardly know you. We dont know your ex. There are always 2 sides of a story.;;;

That being said, is it possible that maybe you have a lot more to do with why this divorce happened than you lead us to believe? I mean the biggest q mark for me is the fact that you have adult kids that are not talking to you. You claim that their mom brainwashed them. I had a Narcissistic mother than influenced me into my 20's easy, so I know the power. But for both adult kids to cut ties with you seems extreme. I mean the law of chances say you have a lot more fault and she has a lot less fault, although not an angel, than what you claim.

So I am only throwing this out there because if you indeed were not an angel then you need to realize that or you will never get better. You need to acknowlege this to your kids to build a bridge. I mean, you are given great advice that you reject, youre always the vctim and have never taken any responsibility, its always a pity party, and you kinda expect too much from this when you talk about 1800 alimony. I never heard of anyone getting alimony except young moms with rich exs. Your a grown ass man.

Just throwing this out there........ not to be mean just to help or try to help because I think a lot of us have ? marks about why both your kids have turned against you but it has never been brought up. Its just too fishy, that 2 adult kids would both be brainwashed like that. If Im a betting man my bet is on you having a lot more to do with it than you claim

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I agree with most of this.  The thing about life and this is that he probably isn't totally wrong.  People suck.  All women are crazy.  The key to it all is understanding that you also suck and are crazy.  Too many want to hold everyone to a super high standard and expect everybody else to act rationally, be nice to us, never lie, hold them to promises made forty years ago.  Meanwhile, we rationalize all of our missteps and mistakes.  

If you want to live a happy life, forgive those that let you down.  Ask forgiveness for your mistakes and try to be better.  Try to keep a good outlook towards life and the people in it.  Even when they let you down.  It doesn't mean you have to be a doormat.  Be fair.  If she owes you money based on the way you took your pension, paying for her education, etc., fight for it.  That doesn't mean you have to bad mouth her or expect her or anyone else to agree.  Save the legal stuff for the lawyers and courts.  Keep it away from friends and, especially family.  

There is so much beauty in the world, why be bitter?  It's like the movie with the kid looking at the beauty of the plastic bag blowing in the wind.  If you look, you will see something you like.  Every day. Trouble is, many of us don't want to open our eyes.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Joe, another thing I don’t understand is the alimony claim. Why should she be paying you $1800 a month it’s not 1950 also it seems like you have your own pension.
So if you received half the money from the house and you’re going to get your pension, what is the problem? What are you actually expecting more than that?

in theory they are suppose to split everything.  so that includes house and pension assets.

• Upvote 1

I’m not trying to play the victim or looking for sympathy…I’m not innocent either we both argued said things to each other I feel bad for today… I have said a million times im sorry … she has never once said she was during the marriage she said it 3x in over  30 years …I stood up to her called her out on texting messaging a married neighbor day night … I was wrong for catching her why are you checking the phone bill etc… there was an incident where a friend driving to work saw her next town over meeting up with a co worker for coffee in the morning on numerous occasions… I never once cheated on her or did anything like this… I’ve taken the advice given does therapy bring her back the money she took the personal belongings she destroyed..how about my home… my daughter lived 30 miles away we had a good relationship but mom manipulated her long distance .. dad did this said this to me dads no good … same thing with my son who lived at home … my kids got hurt pissed when I forced mom out of the family home and wouldn’t take her lowball offers… she took part of my pension but I’m not supposed to get any of hers ….. it’s great to ridicule others when you have no clue how devastating hurtful this all is … I lost everyone everything in my life that meant the most to me .. try sitting alone every day night especially during the holidays birthday etc … it hurts bad over a few arguments …..she sent me an email she planned this divorce since 2019 …. The day she did what she did to me she dressed for work bag packed walked out the door went to her only friends house hid her car in the garage my daughter her sister I’m not sure all met made up lies to destroy me she had hired a scum lawyer months prior who coached her what to say ….. did I mention I think she was cheating with a co worker …. It hurts especially when things weren’t that bad to be where they are today …,.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I’m not trying to play the victim or looking for sympathy…I’m not innocent either we both argued said things to each other I feel bad for today… I have said a million times im sorry … she has never once said she was during the marriage she said it 3x in over  30 years …I stood up to her called her out on texting messaging a married neighbor day night … I was wrong for catching her why are you checking the phone bill etc… there was an incident where a friend driving to work saw her next town over meeting up with a co worker for coffee in the morning on numerous occasions… I never once cheated on her or did anything like this… I’ve taken the advice given does therapy bring her back the money she took the personal belongings she destroyed..how about my home… my daughter lived 30 miles away we had a good relationship but mom manipulated her long distance .. dad did this said this to me dads no good … same thing with my son who lived at home … my kids got hurt pissed when I forced mom out of the family home and wouldn’t take her lowball offers… she took part of my pension but I’m not supposed to get any of hers ….. it’s great to ridicule others when you have no clue how devastating hurtful this all is … I lost everyone everything in my life that meant the most to me .. try sitting alone every day night especially during the holidays birthday etc … it hurts bad over a few arguments …..she sent me an email she planned this divorce since 2019 …. The day she did what she did to me she dressed for work bag packed walked out the door went to her only friends house hid her car in the garage my daughter her sister I’m not sure all met made up lies to destroy me she had hired a scum lawyer months prior who coached her what to say ….. did I mention I think she was cheating with a co worker …. It hurts especially when things weren’t that bad to be where they are today …,.

look, i think you should try to get some of the alimony and pension assets - but i'd see what the best offer is and think about it hard.   no way a divorce lawyer is telling your ex that she can get away with giving nothing.  they know that's not un-reasonable.  

also, the alimony going to run out when she stops working and my guess is that your both legal bills are going to be a lot more than the alimony.  you guys should be able to come to an agreement.  otherwise these lawyers are going to milk you both dry.

i would focus on your kids.  they aren't  7 years old.  they can be reasoned with.  and honestly you should just try to spend time with them and not mention your ex once.  find out what's going on in their lives.    my guess is anytime you talked to them the conversation went back to the ex.

in terms of dating - that's a tough one.  i'd stay away from anyone without a stable job.  and at your age anyone with kids at home (might be easier said than done).

joe - i had dinner and drinks on monday with a good friend of mine who went thru a terrible nasty divorce.

he worked and ex stayed at home.  he had a terrible commute but paid the bills  only worked 3 years in her life.  last few years of marriage sex a handful of times (no joke).

kids were about 5 and 8.    he was about 40 yrs old.   wife took 1MM (50%) of assets including the house.  and got 8k a month in child support.  he lost his job and was struggling to pay the bills.  massively depressed.  running up debt.  bad situation.

but then he realized he could either feel sorry for himself or get his life together.  first thing he did was build a real relationship with his kids.  never talk about his ex in front of them.

then he got a dog to give him companionship and got in shape to feel good about himself.

then he threw himself into his work to try to make money.

only now 5 years later is he finally starting to date.

only reason it worked is he stopped feeling bad about himself.

he now has a better relationship with his kids than he ever did.  even though he only sees them 4 weeks out of the year and 2-3 weekends a month.

it can be done.  it's just hard.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

i find it hard to believe that they haven't offered anything other than zero (pension and/or alimony)

I was offered peanuts $500 a month … her lawyer is scum she is the devil for over a year tried to antagonize me into violence so I would lose everything including the home… she held my possessions hostage for 15 months … true story dead of the winter I went to police station asked for a civil standby to get warm clothes winter coat etc … they contacted her she refused to cooperate … this woman is beyond evil spiteful … did I mention she hasn’t spoken to her father in 30 years …. 

45 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I was offered peanuts $500 a month … her lawyer is scum she is the devil for over a year tried to antagonize me into violence so I would lose everything including the home… she held my possessions hostage for 15 months … true story dead of the winter I went to police station asked for a civil standby to get warm clothes winter coat etc … they contacted her she refused to cooperate … this woman is beyond evil spiteful … did I mention she hasn’t spoken to her father in 30 years …. 

sorry, i guess the positive is that soon this evil person will be out of your life

47 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

500 seems low, what would be fair in your mind? (50/50)?

On 5/8/2023 at 11:52 PM, HighPitch said:

Hal is right youve got to try new stuff. Get out of your comfort zone. Drive cross country. Camp a lot. Go to music festivals lots of fun friendly ppl there. Try sailing. Try fishing. Do something u need to get out of nj

You are giving some great advice and I hope he takes it. You also are making some suggestions that could likely kill him. Either way, well done.

• Haha 3

Divorce I can handle … manipulating my kids against me stealing money wrecking my stuff most in a dumpster offering me chump change alimony pension 401k settlement I can’t and I won’t … she locked down on my pension years ago while she was planning all this … not to mention the cash money she took from out home … equitable distribution she agreed on was worse she packed up everything anything she wanted of value the movers took it away …. Then my lawyer says are you going to pay me $25k to get back $25k worth of stuff ….. if she wants to be with someone else good for her and him/her whatever she will never change her ways … devils daughter 

Dude one time when i was young we asked a buddy waking up in the hitel room after a night of partying if he had a hangover. His exact words were “no i never get hangovers… right now though i just am sleepy, have a headache and feel like i might puke”

true story.

thats similar to your answer about divorce

39 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Dude one time when i was young we asked a buddy waking up in the hitel room after a night of partying if he had a hangover. His exact words were “no i never get hangovers… right now though i just am sleepy, have a headache and feel like i might puke”

true story.

thats similar to your answer about divorce

Yeah, you would think at some point he would realize this is exactly what she wants him to do. Then pull up his big boy pants and do the opposite. Living well is the best revenge.