7/21 saleh press conference

This franchise never learns, I swear. They always get their heads up their own culos before winning a damn thing.

And its always the head coach who causes this.

Keep your head down, work, win games, win the superbowl then talk. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

This franchise never learns, I swear. They always get their heads up their own culos before winning a damn thing.
It is astonishing how familiar this feels.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Barton said:

Especially being perennial losers never even sniffing success. Last playoff game 2010. Last home playoff game - LOL 2002 LOLLLL

I totally agree and am sick of listening to them. STFU and win some GD football games when they count. Then and only then will people listen and take you seriously. 

They never learn. +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000

2 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Especially being perennial losers never even sniffing success. Last playoff game 2010. Last home playoff game - LOL 2002 LOLLLL

I totally agree and am sick of listening to them. STFU and win some GD football games when they count. Then and only then will people listen and take you seriously. 

They never learn. +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I'm confused, maybe I missed it. What did he say other than answer questions he was asked? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barton said:

Not sure what you are talking about.......

"One thing I learned about this city is you can have an expansion team and the expectation is to go 17-0," head coach Robert Saleh said after Thursday's first practice of the summer.

"But as far as pressure goes, the pressure is to do your best every day, find a way to get better every day and you trust that the results will come. You don't have control over results, but you do have control over how you approach every day personally and as a team."

As former Jets T Damien Woody, who played on the last Jets team that made the postseason, said this week on "The Official Jets Podcast," the Jets have gone from the hunter to the hunted.

"We embrace those expectations — we embrace being maybe a team that has a target on its back," Saleh said. "Take all of it and it is what it is, but you still have to bring yourself to the moment where your feet are present, attack the day and find a way to get better."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barton said:

How? In year 3 with the defense built and a solid young core having just acquired a very good veteran QB (instead of Zach Wilson), Saleh looks confident and relaxed. 

I had no problem with anything he said. Nothing in this presser made it seem like this was same ol jets. If healthy, this WILL be a very good defense. Rodgers WILL improve the efficiency of this offense dramatically (or have we forgotten just how putrid we were last year). That’s all Saleh was really eluding to. He wasn’t up there guaranteeing a SB lol

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Barton said:

The disease is strong w/ this one.

On 7/21/2023 at 9:01 PM, whodeawhodat said:

IDK if this has been posted but it is worth listening to.  minute thirty in, good stuff

They also had a training camp vid I think started with l.coles talking...kind of cool to see the footage of camp it was like 30 mins maybe longer. Great content they are.putting out

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Barton said:

They haven’t done anything yet. The problem with getting too high on meaningless practices is that the lows get real low (jet lows), which we xp every year and they never learn from their mistakes. They just double down on the stupid “be positive “. 

they all looked great the last two years in training camp and where did that get them?