Jets to sign depth DT

13 minutes ago, MaybeOneDay said:

Bruce Hector...

Makes me think of Johnny Hector, who was a hell of a Jets RB back in the day...had a couple of really good seasons for the Jets.  Cheers!

Am old enough to remember #34

Was sort of like the Lamont Jordan of his era

Could be good in smaller doses but never a feature back or any sustained success 

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero
The #Jets are signing DL Bruce Hector. He worked out with the #Giants on Friday, and now lands with the other New York team.

Hector signed with the Philadelphia Eagles as an undrafted free agent in May 2018.

Overview

Hector lacks the prototypical frame of an NFL three-technique, but he does have the active feet and the lower body strength to play strong through the edges. His frame and game are better-suited for an upfield, one-gapping defense. Hector lacks the consistency at the point of attack of teammate Deadrin Senat, but he posted more tackles for loss and sacks in three years than Senat did in four. Hector has some fans in scouting circles and could be a late round addition with a shot of becoming a backup in a 4-3 front.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/bruce-hector/32004845-4361-1682-597f-7bd1edc0d78a

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Am old enough to remember #34

Was sort of like the Lamont Jordan of his era

Could be good in smaller doses but never a feature back or any sustained success 

He was never the feature back because we had Freeman McNeil, but I think he was probably one of the best backup RBs in NFL history.  He made countless big plays for the Jets back in the '80s.  I liked him a lot.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Clemons got a 50 PFF grade Thursday vs “future UPS drivers”

He did not look good in the snaps I keyed in on him.

Interestingly, he played at DE instead of DT.  I thought the whole point of him gaining weight this offseason was to move inside.  In all honesty, he looked really slow.

OK, one more in my Rabbit Hole, this one has me re-living my childhood as 12 year old me was at this game:

Some observations:

1. This is the game where I truly fell in LOVE with the Jets...they kicked the crap out of the Buccanneers

2. Mickey Shuler was such a great Jets TE...man, he made some awesome catches in this game...3 TD's

3. Al Toon's 2nd career start (caught a TD)

4. Those Bucs creamsicle uniforms are so memorable...best thing about a terrible franchise.

5. I love watching these old games before they changed all the rules...man the hits are great, several "hospital balls" thrown by Steve Deberg into the heart of the Jets Defense...

6. Highest scoring game of the season Jets 62-28

7. Love watching Touchdown Tony Paige do his thing LOL One of my favorites as a young kid...I think I even had his starting lineup figure (remember those...I definitely had Toon, McNeil, and Kenny O'Brien)

8. More turnovers than a bakery...about 15 in this game LOL

9. A young Kyle Clifton (another one of my childhood favorites) flying around the field making plays

10.  Jets with over 590 yards of offense...a record at the time.  

11. It's amazing how impressionable you are as a child...I remember this game like it was yesterday, from the J-E-T-S chants, to the booing after the Jets got down 14-0 early, to the crowd going crazy when the Jets made their big comeback...to the drunken fools because this was a time before they stopped selling alcohol in the 2nd half...I remember witnessing at least 3 fights LMAO...Ahhh, the good old days !!!

• Upvote 2